2021 Baseball

20,404 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
0-5 (start to SLC)
9-7 (9-2 run)
13-18 (4-11 run)

An erratic year. For someone who is more of a standings watcher in baseball, can anyone supply the context of what ended the mid season up tick?
BigJack85
nacluth said:

0-5 (start to SLC)
9-7 (9-2 run)
13-18 (4-11 run)

An erratic year. For someone who is more of a standings watcher in baseball, can anyone supply the context of what ended the mid season up tick?

I'm interested in the answer. My guess, only a guess, pitching depth.
SFAXE93
Getting hot again, winning 4 of the last 5.

UTA game cancelled tonight due to weather.

Then off to Abilene for a 4 game series to close out the season.
PurpleOut
Staff
ACU climbed up to 1st place, winners of 12 of their last 14.
SFAXE93
Jacks lose game 1

3-13
SFAJack_76
Lost game 2.

3-7
SFAXE93
ACU is really good.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

ACU is really good.
They are. Won their first SLC baseball championship. And, their last SLC championship.
TallTexan
Looks like Coach Cardenas is coming back and I think it's the right decision.

His team came back after an atrocious start. They got screwed out of a good conference start in 2020. I think I'd rather see us invest in him trying to get over the hump for another year than blowing it all up & seeing if another coach can win without facilities.

The dude loves SFA, his former players seem to love him, and I'm ok with giving him another year because he's nearly even in conference play with over 300 games coached.

SFAJack_76
About $150k was spent on the pitching lab. The expectation is that it is one thing of modest investment that can help recruiting and provide for a competitive advantage. All funds were private donations. We will see if there is any payback having it for a full off season.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

About $150k was spent on the pitching lab. The expectation is that it is one thing of modest investment that can help recruiting and provide for a competitive advantage. All funds were private donations. We will see if there is any payback having it for a full off season.
I hope so. We lost some good pitchers to the draft following 2019. Shame.

Who's our pitching coach?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I hope so. We lost some good pitchers to the draft following 2019. Shame.

Who's our pitching coach?
https://sfajacks.com/sports/baseball/roster/coaches/dylan-belanger/608
TallTexan
I'm still shocked that college baseball relies so heavily on a coach working for free.

Seems to have good experience though.
SFAJack_76
Agree. Softball also. SFA supported allowing a third paid assistant when it was voted on a year or so ago. And, scholarship limits of 11.7 for baseball and 12 for softball don't make sense either.
TallTexan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.