#3 SFA / #1 Southeastern Louisiana

45,351 Views | 199 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SLC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
#1 Southeastern Louisiana (22-10) vs. #3 SFA (27-6)

SATURDAY 8:00 P.M.
ESPN2

SLC regular season Champions SLU winner of 9 straight take on SFA who have won 9 of their last 10.

SLU defeated SFA back in Dec. 73-62 in Hammond.

SFA going for their 3rd game in 3 days, do they have the legs to do something that has never been done before in tourney history?
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

SFA going for their 3rd game in 3 days, do they have the legs to do something that has never been done before in tourney history?
Jovan! JOVAN! JOVAN!
No-look
Veal can't be as good as Peters,right?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Holyfield and Charles played 36 minutes, Bogues 29, Gilmore 28, Harris 20, Canete and Augustin 17.
MasterAxe
edstile said:

SFAXE93 said:

Holyfield and Charles played 36 minutes, Bogues 29, Gilmore 28, Harris 20, Canete and Augustin 17.

Canete has to be better. He looked so disengaged tonight.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Question about tickets for Saturday... Will one ticket get you in for all three games (2 women's semis and the men's final) or will a person have to buy separate tickets for the women's semis and the men's final?

Isaac, do you know?? I plan to be there for the Jacks but would like to cheer on the Ladyjacks, too.
TallTexan
Time for a revenge game!
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

SFAXE93 said:

All five SELA starters played 30 minutes or more last night. Even with the extra game and some extended minutes last night, we have a depth advantage. Bogues is a given, but must get quality minutes from the rest of the bench.
INiedrauer
Staff
It's a good night to go dancing.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Game day!!! Time to make it three for three. Jacks have a nice bookend to this season to show their true potential. Let's tame the Lions tonight. All this choppin' has been to take us to the next level. Axe 'em Jacks!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Game day!!! Time to make it three for three. Jacks have a nice bookend to this season to show their true potential. Let's tame the Lions tonight. All this choppin' has been to take us to the next level. Axe 'em Jacks!

Keep those gifs coming!!!!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Ty Charles will become the first player to start nine games in Katy! He's already tied the record of 7 Katy wins, but tonight he will be in a class by himself. What a great Southland career for a selfless player.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Gazette1
Here's the spread.

9:00 PM EST

Spread
Total
Money LineSte F Austin

SE Louisiana

+5.5

+209
Full betting preview
nacluth
My wife just told me we have a babysitter to go out on a double date at 7 tonight. So after having the "Do you have any priorities in life?" conversation with her, I'll be at Auntie Pasta's (on the bar side) tonight for the start of the game. So, if they get off to a slow start, don't worry, everything will work out in the second.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

My wife just told me we have a babysitter to go out on a double date at 7 tonight. So after having the "Do you have any priorities in life?" conversation with her, I'll be at Auntie Pasta's (on the bar side) tonight for the start of the game. So, if they get off to a slow start, don't worry, everything will work out in the second.

It sure is a shame that the bacon chili burger with a milk shake that your having for lunch today gave you food poisoning. I'm sure she'll understand though.
nacluth
I knew you guys would come through! I have had a hankering for a Bacon Chili burger.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
INiedrauer
Staff
nacluth said:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFASawmillGuy
INiedrauer said:

nacluth said:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US

Sounds like a Bearkat trying to sabatoge us to me. I'll alert the parole board.
Gazette1
You would think that there would be a television tuned into the game in "Auntie Pastas".
nacluth
Gazette1 said:

You would think that there would be a television tuned into the game in "Auntie Pastas".
There better be!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Surely Nacluth's account has been hacked!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Gazette1 said:

There better be!
If food poisoning doesn't work, we'll have Edstile give you a call at Auntie Pasta's "from the power co" about that terribly timed power outage that's about to affect your entire neighborhood. You'll need to get home post haste before the babysitter freaks out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Gazette1 said:

There better be!
If food poisoning doesn't work, we'll have Edstile give you a call at Auntie Pasta's "from the power co" about that terribly timed power outage that's about to affect your entire neighborhood. You'll need to get home post haste before the babysitter freaks out.
Message received, Texan. (I hope my phone works inside the Merill Center.)
ljax1979
I will be thrilled if we win tonight and don't want to jinx anything but some early results (Vermont and Louisiana losing) could really help us with getting a 14 seed.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Isaac, let us know if you get any advance "insider" info about Ivan's physical condition for the game. We could sure use him to be at or near full speed.
INiedrauer
Staff
edstile said:

Isaac, let us know if you get any advance "insider" info about Ivan's physical condition for the game. We could sure use him to be at or near full speed.
And tip off our opponent?

Just kidding. He'll play but I suspect it'll be a lot like last night. They need him to run the offense but he's physically struggling right now.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

All five SELA starters played 30 minutes or more last night. Even with the extra game and some extended minutes last night, we have a depth advantage. Bogues is a given, but must get quality minutes from the rest of the bench.
Looking at their stats from last night, their five starters played 35, 35, 34, 33, and 30 minutes. Their three bench players played 16, 14, and 3.

Advantage: Jacks

SFA Jack Fanatic
Big upset over on the women's side. Nicholls beats Lamar. Ladyjacks behind by four midway through the 2nd quarter.
KirkHeath12
Jacks want that payback
Tadapocus
Jacks get some ink in this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/one-bid-leagues-vary-in-protecting-top-seeds/ar-BBK39cg
SfaTke596
Here we go guys! Let's gut this one out! 3 games in 3 nights is tough- I hope our fans bring that extra juice we are going to need.

AxeEm!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
AC/DC blasting pregame...love it
SFA Jack Fanatic
HUGE SFA crowd tonight!! Definitely north of 1,000.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Good SFA crowd as expected
Let's do this!!!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
After a closer look, probably closer to 2,000. WRJ North!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.