SFA / Lamar

50,986 Views | 201 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SfaTke596
fortWorthJack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What constitutes that as a flagrant foul? He literally got both hands on that block. Blocked too aggressively?
SFAXE93
Definitely not scoring 85 points in this game.
fortWorthJack
We are getting ran out this gym. Another easy fast break pass gone to hell. Thank you Canete.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've never seen Keller so mad. These refs are horrible!!!!!!
PurpleOut
Staff
Absolutely embarrassing officiating. Completely takes away from the game. And we are playing just as bad.
MasterAxe
I see lots going to the "refs are terrible," excuse.

Maybe they are.

But the refs aren't the ones missing wide open shots. Or layups. Or making bad passes. Or causing Ivan Canete to do whatever it is he's doing.

We're playing like (insert poop emoji)
No-look
We're having severe mental issues.
fortWorthJack
After the stupid tech Keller's yelling got the refs to call 2 simultaneous fouls on Lamar. Then Leon shoots and get pummeled and no call. Guess we hit the threshold?
RedRiverLa
We're just a bad road team. So what about the refs, they suck, too, we already know the calls are going to be lopsided, so adjust.
fortWorthJack
Ty gets a block on the shot, then 5 seconds later they blow the whistle. Meanwhile I am expecting a shooting foul, however the refs just said the foul was on the floor. WTH is going on right now?
RedRiverLa
hopefully we come back, but I'm headed to our Mardi Gras parade. I don't feel so bad about leaving this game.
MasterAxe
I wonder where our CBI game is going to be?

Cause at this rate, we aren't winning any road games.

Much less win 2 or 3 on the road at the SLC tournament.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I can assure you, from an up close and personal view, these refs ARE horrible. They've made some horrific calls and some horrific no-calls.

But the Jacks are also getting outplayed at this point.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Anyone have the shooting stats?
PurpleOut
Staff
RedRiverLa said:

We're just a bad road team. So what about the refs, they suck, too, we already know the calls are going to be lopsided, so adjust.
I mean it's fair criticism, we're getting hacked on almost every play and Lamar comes up with the ball. Bogues got tackled pretty much. It's hard to adjust to things like that. We're still playing bad regardless.
SFAXE93
SFA 10-25 (40%)
Lamar 15-30 (50%)
SFAXE93
Lamar 6-14 from 3
SFA 4 of 11
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
Out rebounded 22-11
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

I mean it's fair criticism, we're getting hacked on almost every play and Lamar comes up with the ball. Bogues got tackled pretty much. It's hard to adjust to things like that. We're still playing bad regardless.

Just to add on to this, we just got destroyed on a layup and no call, and then Lamar gets a foul for falling down. That's potentially a 4-point swing.
CottonValleyJack
PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

Just to add on to this, we just got destroyed on a layup and no call, and then Lamar gets a foul for falling down. That's potentially a 4-point swing.

I don't remember the refs being this bad when we had Brad! Weird!!!
MasterAxe
CottonValleyJack said:

PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

I don't remember the refs being this bad when we had Brad! Weird!!!

That's because we were winning by 20 every night.
RedRiverLa
I know the refs are bad, and it's lopsided, but its been that way for numerous games, even last Saturday at home. We should be used to it, and should adjust somewhat. Regardless, we just aren't a good conference road team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Aaron riding the pines. Being taught a lesson.
RedRiverLa
PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

RedRiverLa said:

I'm not disagreeing that the refs suck, and it's lopsided, but this is not new news. We're not playing well. We're not making the plays when we have the chance. Of course you can always adjust to how a game is being called, doesn't mean you will eliminate all the bad calls.
PurpleOut
Staff
We're done. Lazy passes, missed layups. Absolutely pathetic performance. I'm out for the night.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

We're done. Lazy passes, missed layups. Absolutely pathetic performance. I'm out for the night.
This game is embarrassing.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

I see lots going to the "refs are terrible," excuse.

Maybe they are.

But the refs aren't the ones missing wide open shots. Or layups. Or making bad passes. Or causing Ivan Canete to do whatever it is he's doing.

We're playing like (insert poop emoji)

You are exactly right. Too many refs are bad (which I agree) masking the fact that we aren't playing well at all
TallTexan
Play by play guy hits the nail on the head. Got some really onesided officiating the first half, nobody's stepped up in the second half to bring the team back into it.
RedRiverLa
Sadly, this is a common road theme.
CottonValleyJack
Keller is a great guy - mediocre coach. Time to face facts fellas!
TallTexan
CottonValleyJack said:

While this game is disappointing, let's not go full aggie here. Never go full aggie.
RedRiverLa
18-0 was always unrealistic. I'm now thinking 12-6, which I could not have dreamed that bad before conference started (the 6 losses).
RedRiverLa
I still think he's a great coach. It's all about talent, got to give him some solid recruiting years. Brad is only 2-8 in conference. Walkups are once in a million.
corleycl
Awful, awful, awful
CottonValleyJack
TallTexan said:

CottonValleyJack said:

While this game is disappointing, let's not go full aggie here. Never go full aggie.

It's not just this game, it's the past year and a half of sloppy, average play. I hate it as much as you do, trust me!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.