SFA / St. Edwards

28,007 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sorry, but Mack leaving reeks of:

"I was a total stud in AAU and HS and everyone told me how great I was and I'm going to go to college and immediately be the best player."

Except he wasn't. Had to actually work at it. Wasn't going to be "the guy," at least immediately. Had to run a system.

Quits.

We see it more and more across all sports.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Between Augustin and Comeaux this year and adding Hughes next year, we'll be fine. Wish Cam the best in the future. Hope he grows up and gets his head on straight.

And remember, Hughes was just named to the Houston Chronicle's Preseason All-Greater Houston Second Team, meaning he's one of the ten best players in the entire hoops-rich Houston area, so he's no slouch.
No-look
Does Hughes run the point at Yates? He seems to be a great shooter also.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Does Hughes run the point at Yates? He seems to be a great shooter also.
Mainly a shooting guard. BTW, his nickname is "Duece".
INiedrauer
Staff
Ivan is actually second in the rotation at point guard for the moment, per Keller.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Probably a good plan as long as he stays below his foul/2 minutes ratio.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Probably a good plan as long as he stays below his foul/2 minutes ratio.
LOL! Keep your day job, Ryan.
nacluth
Hmm...well I thought if I could impress Isaac, he would hire me on full time as his sarcastic wit interjector. But I guess back to building guitars...

Last SLC school St Edwards played was a year ago today against Incarnate Word. UIW won by 3 points 93-90. It might not mean much, but 4 days before UIW has taken then #22 Texas to the end before losing by 5 in the final seconds. I'm not really worried, but I sure don't like scratching that win down prematurely.

Also, they played Texas State to within 12 two weeks ago, though to be fair that's a blowout by Kaspar's standards. And this game is an exhibition game for them but counts for us. Talk about a lose/lose if they manage an upset.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Txjack
MasterAxe said:

I'm sorry, but Mack leaving reeks of:

"I was a total stud in AAU and HS and everyone told me how great I was and I'm going to go to college and immediately be the best player."

Except he wasn't. Had to actually work at it. Wasn't going to be "the guy," at least immediately. Had to run a system.

Quits.

We see it more and more across all sports

Agreed...not speaking specifically about Mack, but the word "commit" does not mean the same anymore; it means I will go along with it as long as it suits me.
ejasper12
Mod Note: Post removed. We're a forum for fans, not fan bashing.
CottonValleyJack
ejasper12 said:

(removed)
Cam is a great talent. I hate that it didn't work out. I wish him well.

PS, I doubt fans at "major schools" would have reacted any better, probably worse. Overall, I think we have a good group here.

sfa17
Moving on .........
I'm Excited about the first home game. Wonder if Keller will keep the same line up
TallTexan
Lol, Sawmill users are one of the nicest, most respectful fan bases out there.

Just check out TexAgs or BurntOrangeNation during a game sometime. Borderline apocalyptic.
INiedrauer
Staff
Fans are passionate and entitled to their opinions. That doesn't mean they're always right (or ever right, in some cases) but The Sawmill exists for them. This isn't to say that players or families aren't welcome here but they should also acknowledge that criticism comes with the territory.
nacluth
Well it's nice to feel like the site has finally jumped the shark and become an actual forum.

Who's going to the game tonight, and what are you wearing so I can spy you out on TV?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Well it's nice to feel like the site has finally jumped the shark and become an actual forum.

Who's going to the game tonight, and what are you wearing so I can spy you out on TV?
I heard from a good source that Isaac's painting his chest for this one.
INiedrauer
Staff
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

I heard from a good source that Isaac's painting his chest for this one.
Don't tempt me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I'll be there. In fact I'll be at all three games (four, including the Ladyjacks) this week. I usually sit directly across the court from the team, so the cameras probably won't pan down to that area. I'll be the old guy trying to act like a college freshman again. Come on out, Ryan. I'd love to meet you. Purple SFA cap, striped SFA knit shirt. I'm sure I'll be the only one wearing anything like that.
No-look
edstile said:

nacluth said:

I'll be there. In fact I'll be at all three games (four, including the Ladyjacks) this week. I usually sit directly across the court from the team, so the cameras probably won't pan down to that area. I'll be the old guy trying to act like a college freshman again. Come on out, Ryan. I'd love to meet you. Purple SFA cap, striped SFA knit shirt. I'm sure I'll be the only one wearing anything like that.
You would love to meet Ryan? Be careful what you ask for!
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

edstile said:

Come on out, Ryan. I'd love to meet you. Purple SFA cap, striped SFA knit shirt. I'm sure I'll be the only one wearing anything like that.
You would love to meet Ryan? Be careful what you ask for!
LOL! I have a high tolerance for pain, bad breath, bad jokes, and athlete's foot. But he's a Lumberjack, so....

(Man, this thread just jumped the tracks again, didn't it??)
nacluth
The camera will find you. Actually, I'll be bringing my girls to the game tomorrow night, so maybe we can meet up then. I'll be the dad next to the gyrating 5 & 7 year old girls trying to make it on the dance cam. (They usually succeed).

Watch it No-Look, I know how your guitars like to be set up.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleForever
Looks like I missed all the drama earlier. But wanted to give the outcome of the situation:

Mack is transferring to Hutchinson Community College in Kansas in December. Hutch is a perennial power house in NJCAA basketball. Won the national championship last year and are pre-season number one this year. They tend to always have rumors of under the table deals due to them consistently getting the top players in the nation somehow with "limited" resources.

Best of luck to him in the future.
PurpleOut
Staff
Leon starting tonight over Sam.
nacluth
How does the Wednesday night crowd feel?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Wow. The Jacks have never hit two back to back threes to start a game.
nacluth
Anyone feeling career night by Holyfield?
SFASawmillGuy
Is it me or do we look small?
SFASawmillGuy
I hate how conservative this team plays. Underwood teams always had a sense of urgency and aggression the entire game.
I have yet to see a Keller team look even half as aggressive as an Underwood team.
Hopefully that changes.
PurpleOut
Staff
Grab the ball Grujic! 7 footer can't get a rebound that extends the possession and leads to a St. Edwards three.
INiedrauer
Staff
I know offense has started a little bit slow and they're hardly a finely tuned machine but I can tell after 12:00 of basketball that this is, without a doubt, the most athletic SFA team I've ever seen. It's not even close.
sfa17
bogues is a starter. jacks starting to extend the lead
MasterAxe
Is it just me, or does anyone else get sad that Leon cut his hair?

nacluth
INiedrauer said:

I know offense has started a little bit slow and they're hardly a finely tuned machine but I can tell after 12:00 of basketball that this is, without a doubt, the most athletic SFA team I've ever seen. It's not even close.

Ok this gets the nomination for the true way too early in the season overreaction!
nacluth
Bogues is awesome.
INiedrauer
Staff
nacluth said:

INiedrauer said:

Ok this gets the nomination for the true way too early in the season overreaction!
Nope. They could absolutely suck this year and they're still better pure athletes than what we've seen the last few years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.