SFA / Longwood

34,572 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not gonna say I'm suprised. There has been drama from day one. from "blessed to decommit" to this. That still stinks a bit , but I let it go.

I agree, No One Is Bigger than the Team
ejasper12
Don't make assumptions Cams decision was not based on starting, immaturity or growing up. It was well thought over and prayed over. No, hes not your typical freshman and noone said the program rested on the shoulders of a freshman but he's gifted, unique, exciting to watch and had experience playing against the top players in the nation and chose sfa over other colleges....sometimes things just don't work out and there are no hard feelings.
I wish the best for the sfa basketball program
INiedrauer
Staff
I'm going to go ahead and ask that we steer this conversation back to the intended topic because Longwood is this Saturday and basketball season is ready to launch.

Idk about y'all, but I'm ready for some Lumberjacks hoops.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

sfa17
Drama: It wasnt the decommiting. People decommit all the time. We had a decommit early that season. But the phrasing of "Blessed to decommit" meaning thank god I got out, didn't sit to well with me.

Of course I would want him to be jack. He would make us better.
I wish him the best.

Agreed Isaac.

SFAXE93
looking forward to a great season where it all comes together for another run. Axe'Em

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
cboothe09
I expect a win, but nothing pretty. Both teams are introducing new parts and it will get a little sloppy. It's the first game of the year and it is a hike for a road game. Just walk out with a win and let's see improvement from there.

As for Cam. I wish him the absolute best. I obviously and selfishly want him at SFA because is a gifted athlete that can bring a lot to the team and university. SFA also provides a quality education that can help whenever his playing career comes to an end (Hopefully way down the road in the NBA). However, if I it isn't a fit and he doesn't want to be here, then I wish he finds his fit. His happiness will lead to a better education and playing career. Good luck Cam. Wishing for the best.
SfaTke596
Sad to hear the news on Cam. I was really looking forward to watching the kid kill it at SFA. Seems like the kid has some serious growing up to do..... wish him nothing but the best. Team chemistry is a top priority.
TallTexan
Man, what a bummer. Not because the future of the program rested on a freshman, just because we were all looking forward to watching him. Hope they can work something out, but either way I'm excited to catch the game tomorrow.

After this football season, I need some basketball in my life, and aint nothing gonna rain on my parade.
sfa17
24 hours until kick off.
Lamar just beat Tulsa on the road
No-look
Can this game be watched on the internet? ESPN3???
LancersBlog
Big South Network: http://bigsouthsports.com/watch/?Live=1485
No-look
Thanks.
TallTexan
Northwestern state is playing Texas. This Texas team is looking pretty good, length & athleticism all over the floor.
TallTexan
Who had Indiana state beating Indiana? Who knew Indiana State was a school?
nacluth
Indiana was upset by Fort Wayne when they were #5 last year. Upset by small schools in back to back years.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Who had Indiana state beating Indiana? Who knew Indiana State was a school?
Um, what?

cboothe09
sfa17

Larry bird and Indiana state went 33-1. They lost in the ncaa finals. Ironically he lost to a Michigan state team led by Magic
TallTexan
Sorry guys, it never occurred to me to lookup where a guy who was drafted to the NBA 12 years before I was born went to college.
nacluth
To be fair, I didn't know Longwood was a school before we played them last year.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

To be fair, I didn't know Longwood was a school before we played them last year.
I guess I shouldn't give Indiana State too much crap. They may be recently obscure, but without Walkup & Underwood, we wouldn't be on the map for non-Texans.

I do love that they beat Indiana though. I'd love to see SFA beat a major team like that again, but preferably in March.
SFA Jack Fanatic
To be fair, I didn't know that Our Lady of the Lake was a school until they almost took down AMCC last night. (Just kidding....)
SFAXE93
TallTexan said:

Sorry guys, it never occurred to me to lookup where a guy who was drafted to the NBA 12 years before I was born went to college.
Dang, I'm getting old
cboothe09
Didn't know he was drafted in 78...Puts him seven years before my time...
SFAXE93
meanwhile...

nacluth
I like how there's a countdown on the Big South feed so I can know to the second when my nachos need to be ready.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Bogues looks like he's the real deal.
nacluth
Great start for the Jacks! I called that starting lineup...

Bogues looks nice coming off the bench. I'm stoked all ready for the season at the first media timeout.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Bogues making another great move to the basket.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gru looking like Gru.
nacluth
And Canete looking like Canete with those early fouls. Grujic gets blocked twice while shooting...just a little too slow.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
No more PT for Grujic please. Sorry he doesn't need to see the court unless it's an emergency.
TallTexan
Not sure about on the feed but in the building it feels like the refs need to slow it down on the whistles.

Also our guys are flying all over the floor. Love uptempo basketball.
nacluth
Thanks TallTexan for the on the ground feel. It seems like that online too, but I agree with the uptempo.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.