2017-2018 Schedule

23,307 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Saw some stuff today, might as well start the thread with scheduling rumors.

I believe Isaac was the first to find this one today:

sfa17
Its sec competition but Missouri has been one of the worst Cbb teams in the country recently. They have a new coach and the #1 player in the country. So it's hard to measure their team next seaon.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ah, shucks. I really wanted another shot at UK's next batch of One-and-Dones.
sfa17
Mizzou Might also get Illinois decommit Jeremiah Tillman (top 50 player) so they might be good. Thanks a lot underwood
nacluth
The real interesting thing will be Keller's approach. Does he push the intensity of the schedule or dial back? My guess is that he still wants a stiff start.
No-look
I would like to see e few cup cakes at first and then get into a tougher schedule. Get used to winning and carry that into the tougher games.
sfa17
Also lets not schedule important home games during a weekdays of exam week. Like we did against UAB. That game should have been on Friday or Saturday to maximize attendance. We still would have lost but it probably would have been closer.
sfa17
Blake Harris **** Point guard has commited to Mizzou.
No-look
Looks like there's some serious recruiting at Mizzouri this year.
SFASawmillGuy
Completely agree. A game like UAB should be a night game on a weekend with tons of hype behind it.
Rice should be our biggest home game unless we somehow get another ESPN game.
djsfw57
The first post says, "I believe Isaac was the first to find this one today:" Under it is a blank text box and then people responded to whatever it was. Don't know why it's missing (at least for me it is) or what it said. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

The first post says, "I believe Isaac was the first to find this one today:" Under it is a blank text box and then people responded to whatever it was. Don't know why it's missing (at least for me it is) or what it said. Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.
It was a tweet from Tod Palmer (whoever he is) that said "Mizzou men's basketball will host Stephen F. Austin on Dec. 19 in Columbia."
sfa17
djsfw57
Thanks edstile!
sfa17
Add another SEC to the schedule

I like that these games are later in the occ schedule and not 2nd week of November
Good scheduling by Keller facing 2 new coaches with Martin at Missouri and Will Wade at LSU. Might be the best time to face them
PurpleOut
Staff
Missouri just signed another really good recruit (6'10, ranked 38th in the country). They're going to be really talented next year.
sfa17
The big criticism against Martin is that he is a great recruit but not a very good coach.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Add another SEC to the schedule

I like that these games are later in the occ schedule and not 2nd week of November
Good scheduling by Keller facing 2 new coaches with Martin at Missouri and Will Wade at LSU. Might be the best time to face them
Looks like we'll see Brandon Rachal up close, someone we recruited really hard. Hopefully, we'll show him the error of his ways.
sfa17

An important home games a few days before students take their finals
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah, new that was somewhat coming as a return game. Not much else you can do schedule wise.
sfa17
Our schedule is slowly coming together. Wonder if it's a espn games ?
PurpleOut
Staff
Not sure, but I wouldn't think so only because it'd be a Longwood home game and they have such a small gym. But who knows, definitely a return game.
sfa17
It's not. Nov 11th is a Saturday. First game of the season. Good warm up to start the year. Hopefully we perform better than last season. I'm liking the schedule so far
PurpleOut
Staff
I would imagine we'll have a few more big road games, hoping we can get some decent home games of course.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

It's not. Nov 11th is a Saturday. First game of the season. Good warm up to start the year. Hopefully we perform better than last season. I'm liking the schedule so far
Yeah, we almost laid a big fat egg in that one. With a year under the new guys' belts and some first class help coming in, that game shouldn't cause us to sweat very much this time around.
SFAXE93
So far we have...

11/4 LeTourneau
11/11 @Longwood
12/2 Louisiana-Monroe
12/9 Rice
12/16 @LSU
12/19 @Missouri

sfa17
BigJack85
If we don't beat ULM we've got issues.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Solid home game:

SFAXE93
11/4 LeTourneau
11/11 @Longwood
11/28 North Dakota State
12/2 Louisiana-Monroe
12/9 Rice
12/16 @LSU
12/19 @Missouri
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
Can they bring their AD and football coaches? I've got some questions I would love to ask.
sfa17
We could easily be 5-0 next season. Probably our best schedule in recent history so far.
ljax1979
Really like how this schedule is laying out. Winnable games at the beginning and more challenging games in December. Sure wish the Bracket Buster series would return...it was nice to play a high Mid-Major after conference season started.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Solid home game:

NDSU went 19-11 last year, and finished 2nd in the Summit Conference with an 11-5 record. They had no seniors on their squad, so they probably won't be a pushover.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

We could easily be 5-0 next season. Probably our best schedule in recent history so far.
Still more schedule coming of course. Probably some lower home games, but I'd assume another tough road game early on.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.