Needs for Next Year

36,169 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
Txjack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, the season seems years away and it does not help being a Rockets fan either...
SFAXE93
We need this next season.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
sfa17
CBS early bracketology has us as 13 seed facing Purdue.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/too-early-for-bracketology-dont-be-ridiculous-and-enjoy-end-of-july-madness/amp/

Can't wait for the season. this bracket almost means nothing at this point but I love it
sfa17

T.j doing his this in China. This great.
TallTexan
Cool to see our athletes get opportunities like this.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

What USA team was he on?
sfa17
Idk. Don't think it was one the actual official ones like the U18 U20 etc. probably similar to what Dallas Cameron did last season. Still a really great opportunity.
INiedrauer
Staff
TJ went to China as part of a mission program with Athletes in Action. It's the same program Dallas Cameron was part of a year ago.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

sfa17
"1. Kyle Keller, Stephen F. Austin

The Lumberjacks were shut out of the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2014 in Keller's debut season in Nacogdoches. Is that an indictment on him? Not at all. SFA didn't have a bad loss all year and went 12-6 in league play, all while working in a ton of newcomers and dealing with an early season injury to Ty Charles. It was a successful season, and only a step back because the bar had been set ridiculously high. But those expectations are there, and Keller will fairly or unfairly always be judged against them. The Lumberjacks look loaded this season, with Charles, Ty Holyfield (11.7 PPG, 7.2 RPG) and a great recruiting class. Will that be enough to extend the SFA legend?"

Sam at #3
nacluth
Is most to prove the same as highest expectations? Keller is not getting fired even after a mediocre season, but no one has more pressure to get back to the tournament. Can't wait for this team to fulfill expectations.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Txjack
sfa17 said:

Awright TJ! With all that is going on in sports currently, nice to hear anything positive for a change.
No-look
Looking on the roster I didn't see Gilmore listed. What's up with that?
INiedrauer
Staff
No-look said:

I'll have more on this today. I need permission from my source before I put anything out.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Oh no! Hope it's nothing terrible. I can't say I was ever fully convinced that Leon's upside would be fully achieved in his final year, but he did provide sparks at times, and I had hoped to see growth in a dynamic player.

And it begs the question, is Harrison Perkins just a local benchwarmer or does he have the skills to be with the team?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Leon really came on the last part of the season.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look
Leon really came on the last part of the season.
sfa17
Yeah. Leon had that one game in the SLC tournament were he scored 20 and had no missed shots.

Look like wasnt in the boot camp group picture posted on Twitter.

This sucks
No-look
Who else is missing from boot camp pic?
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

No-look said:

I'll have more on this today. I need permission from my source before I put anything out.
Well, kiss a fat pig! Dang!!!! He's not in the team photo on the Athletics site either.
sfa17
IKeller : We're going to play so much faster. This is maybe one of the fastest teams I've ever been around. I think we have four fast guards in Aaron Augustin, who has matured so much from a year ago, Camerom Mack, John Comeaux and Shannon Bogues. Those guys have elite level speed and quickness and we don't do ourselves any favors by playing slow. We're trying to play fast, play with quick shot clocks, move the basketball, spread the court, taking advantage of our athleticism and size down low. Once we can all get out there we'll figure out what we do best."

http://sfajacks.com/news/2017/10/3/mens-basketball-jacks-open-practice-tuesday-in-william-r-johnson-coliseum.aspx
sfa17
It's almost time!!

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

It's almost time!!

Let the excitement begin!!!
nacluth
Yes! Yes! Yes! Woooooooo-hoooooooo!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.