WNIT 2022-2023

10,351 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it me or is Johnson just going through the motions?
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

These fouls are ridiculous

Hot trash SEC refs
Ljacks&Longnecks
Fouls are ridiculous I agree....However if we could put shots in the hoop we would very much be in this game.
nacluth
Not scoring more than 2 points in the first half of any quarter will not win any game.
No-look
A bucket every now and then would be nice.
jboy93
We can't hit layups so let's chunk it up from 3 land!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hate to say the missing of layups and layins that showed up in recent games is still active tonight.
Ark, does have some good height and that accounts for some ofit.
jboy93
No words at this point!
nacluth
We've lost confidence in our shot. Need to get just a couple.
No-look
These calls are ridiculous.
nacluth
Doubled up. Fight.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Have to say as much as we love our Ladyjacks, there is definitely a big difference between us and the P5 schools and teams.
nacluth
Van Sickle with the three and a steal. Now some points.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Have to say as much as we love our Ladyjacks, there is definitely a big difference between us and the P5 schools and teams.

Shows us what we need to do/have to compete at next level.
nacluth
17 points down. I actually think we still have a chance.
jboy93
Pilotgirl said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Shows us what we need to do/have to compete at next level.
Absolutely!
SFA Jack Fanatic
The "color" announcer is driving me crazy! Can't stand that guy!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
True to an extent....but young women that are good enough to play for the BIG schools are out of our reach.
They want to be at the big name schools.
I have followed the Ladyjacks since 1976 when we were top 10. However many Big schools didn't play or put anything into it. Once the Big schools took over it created a top tier level that the SFAs, and other schools no longer can reach.
Don't get me wrong , I'm happy with where Kellogg has us and I want conference championships and tourney wins but --to me--I was sad to see the Big schools take over the sport.
nacluth
On pace for a 33 point game. Don't know what to say.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

True to an extent....but young women that are good enough to play for the BIG schools are out of our reach.
They want to be at the big name schools.
I have followed the Ladyjacks since 1976 when we were top 10. However many Big schools didn't play or put anything into it. Once the Big schools took over it created a top tier level that the SFAs, and other schools no longer can reach.
Don't get me wrong , I'm happy with where Kellogg has us and I want conference championships and tourney wins but --to me--I was sad to see the Big schools take over the sport.

We've had a good season and our 1st post season tournament win in 23 years. We have sustained success and can continue to build on that. This season wasn't a wash at all. This hurts because it's not a reflection of who we truly are. We will get better. We lose one player this year. The future is bright for SFA WBB!
nacluth
We have had other postseason wins. We made it to the WBI finals a few years back. But your point is right. A good year, a nice postseason win. Time to move forward in the future, and the future is bright.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Oh no, the season is not a wash. Ladyjacks will be back strong again next year I have no doubt.
nacluth
100 missed point blank shots. Out hustling but nothing.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

100 missed point blank shots. Out hustling but nothing.

This part killed us tonight.
jboy93
Yes the Ladyjacks will be back strong next year but in the same position. This exposes us as a slower and smaller good mid major. When we did not finish again Georgia Tech a couple of years ago, I fear that was our chance. I love the Ladyjacks and will always support but dang to get housed by a middle of the road SEC team says a lot. Just really sucks but as always...GO JACKS!
BigJack85
The referees are absolutely incompetent. This is some of the most one side incompetence I've ever seen.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
Well, I'm not giving up on them. We also led 3.5 qtrs against UNC, who was back in the dance again.

Do we just give up then, jboy, since we can't compete? Lol these are all opinions. You have yours and I will have mine. I'm wondering if the guys should give up, too hmmm.
RedRiverLa
An off night against an SEC team. It happens. Hope we keep Kellogg. Looking forward to next year. Don't rethink our program based on one game. Ark lost to LSU by 3 and were ranked 24 in the country at one point.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

An off night against an SEC team. It happens. Hope we keep Kellogg. Looking forward to next year. Don't rethink our program based on one game. Ark lost to LSU by 3 and were ranked 24 in the country at one point.

THIS.

And, we will still have a good program if we do lose Kellogg. With SFA's program and Legacy, we will find a good replacement when the time comes. Bound to happen sometime.
jboy93
Pilotgirl said:

Well, I'm not giving up on them. We also led 3.5 qtrs against UNC, who was back in the dance again.

Do we just give up then, jboy, since we can't compete? Lol these are all opinions. You have yours and I will have mine. I'm wondering if the guys should give up, too hmmm.
Don't think I mentioned anything about giving up but yes everyone can have their own opinion. And I am probably more disappointed in the mens team which you seem to always bring up! Basketball is where SFA can makes it's mark on the national landscape but will always be a huge uphill battle because of the town and league we play in. I grew up just a few miles from Nac and love it to death but it's going to be hard to get the next level athlete to come because of the lack of exposure tucked away in the piney woods of East Texas. And yes, just my opinion! GO JACKS...ladies and men!
Pilotgirl
Playing in the post season, in the NIT, is a big deal. Anytime your program can win 20+ games a season, is a big deal.

I bring up the guys because we always have hope for going to the dance and snag a win...every season. In your post, you say that Georgia Tech was basically wbb last chance to do so. Why is WBB so different? We can have those hopes and strive for those goals, too. Heck we almost had it...twice!

No point going back and forth. As Fanatic and Texan can tell ya , I'm one of the biggest and loudest fans in the stands lol Gotta speak up for them & our awesome coaching staff!

Hope yall join me in the WBB threads more & at the games more next year!

Stay tuned for a Johnson -themed Dub Club Podcast soon, as well as some Hall of Famers. I'll post when finished. #AxeEm
Ljacks&Longnecks
jboy does have a good point regarding SFA vs the Big guys. A mid major in a rather remote location with no major airport in sight IS a huge disadvantage for us when talking National level of play and competition. AND one of the reasons we struggle to get teams to come to Nac and play us.
As a school in the WAC however SFA , both men and women ARE in a fair level and have every chance for titles and tourney wins to advance out into the other world.

Now to clarify something I posted earlier----my disappointment with major schools taking over WBB is strictly from a selfish viewpoint that once the Bigs came in, SFAs chance of remaining a true national power was over.
In the real world it gave thousands of young women a chance to realize their dreams and play college BB. and beyond. That of course is a great thing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

THIS.

And, we will still have a good program if we do lose Kellogg. With SFA's program and Legacy, we will find a good replacement when the time comes. Bound to happen sometime.

If we lose Kellogg (when I watch other teams with head coaches that are less qualified and have had far less success and who probably are being much better compensated.than him) -- and I hope we don't -- there's a guy that sits next to him on the bench that, IMO, would be able to pick up the reigns of the program without a dropoff in success.

(OK, Fanatic, think positive thoughts... He's gonna stay a while longer. Too many pieces of this team (and Zya) coming back next year.)
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

THIS.

If we lose Kellogg (when I watch other teams with head coaches that are less qualified and have had far less success and who probably are being much better compensated.than him) -- and I hope we don't -- there's a guy that sits next to him on the bench that, IMO, would be able to pick up the reigns of the program without a dropoff in success.

(OK, Fanatic, think positive thoughts... He's gonna stay a while longer. Too many pieces of this team (and Zya) coming back next year.)

1000%
TallTexan
This team lost arguably it's 2 best players and still won't 25+ games.

And found new stars.

Tonight was a bad night. Murphy's law of basketball games.

Future is bright for Ladyjacks basketball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.