WNIT 2022-2023

10,109 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shots just didn't fall and seemed like every Lose ball bounced directly to them. Arkansas definitely got some home cooking on some calls. It was either home cooking or incompetence from the refsā€¦ but the refs didn't beat us. Just wasn't our night.
TallTexan
I don't want to lose Kellogg but there are about 30 high major teams who are idiots for not hiring him years ago.

Bishop, Alvidrez, or Grayson would all be fantastic options.

I do wish we'd use all 15 scholarships. Take the 2 we don't normally use and go get some very tall athletic projects and see if you can turn them into gold.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

An off night against an SEC team. It happens. Hope we keep Kellogg. Looking forward to next year. Don't rethink our program based on one game. Ark lost to LSU by 3 and were ranked 24 in the country at one point.

THIS.

And, we will still have a good program if we do lose Kellogg. With SFA's program and Legacy, we will find a good replacement when the time comes. Bound to happen sometime.

If we lose Kellogg (when I watch other teams with head coaches that are less qualified and have had far less success and who probably are being much better compensated.than him) -- and I hope we don't -- there's a guy that sits next to him on the bench that, IMO, would be able to pick up the reigns of the program without a dropoff in success.

(OK, Fanatic, think positive thoughts... He's gonna stay a while longer. Too many pieces of this team (and Zya) coming back next year.)
Rebecca Alvidrez came to UT Tyler and in just a couple years had them in the final 8 losing to the number 1 team! She took over a program that struggled mightily after the transition to Division II. Hope to goodness we do everything in our power to hang on to Kellogg for years to come but there are many with SFA ties that would keep the ship headed in the right direction!
SFA Jack Fanatic
What happened to Angel Scott's 3-point shooting in the last half of the season? It almost totally disappeared. She had several zero scoring games, including last night. Lost confidence in her shooting, I assume? Coach Kellogg obviously still had faith that she'd reclaim the touch by continuing to start her, but it never came back. Think she'll be a starter next season? She was an adequate point guard backup for Jordan, but her shooting was just plain bad. We're supposed to have a good point guard coming onboard from HS next season and a good 3-point shooter also coming on board. It will be interesting to see who fills that shooting guard position this Fall.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

What happened to Angel Scott's 3-point shooting in the last half of the season? It almost totally disappeared. She had several zero scoring games, including last night. Lost confidence in her shooting, I assume? Coach Kellogg obviously still had faith that she'd reclaim the touch by continuing to start her, but it never came back. Think she'll be a starter next season? She was an adequate point guard backup for Jordan, but her shooting was just plain bad. We're supposed to have a good point guard coming onboard from HS next season and a good 3-point shooter also coming on board. It will be interesting to see who fills that shooting guard position this Fall.
She appears just too slow to get her shot off especially with a defender close by. Hope she finds her stroke next season!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

She appears just too slow to get her shot off especially with a defender close by. Hope she finds her stroke next season!

I hadn't thought of that. She does take a long time before pulling the trigger. But I think lost confidence is involved, too.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Angel Scott does provide good defense. Seen her make steals and hustle for loose balls. She doesn't have the speed of a Harrison at PG . Never seems to let up when on the court. Not about to write her off.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Arkansas knocked off Texas Tech 71-66 in a 3rd round game. They will play at Kansas (their first road game) in the Great Eight on Sunday.
SFAXE93
Got to go for Arkansas now to win it all.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Arkansas knocked off Texas Tech 71-66 in a 3rd round game. They will play at Kansas (their first road game) in the Great Eight on Sunday.

Texas Tech hasn't been good for years
I think they improved this season. They refused to play us on a tournament a couple years bad. I watched them play that year and immediately knew why.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kansas knocked off Arkansas 78-64.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kansas wins the WNIT, 66-59 over Columbia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.