WNIT 2022-2023

10,301 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl said:

It's not SFA spring break...that was last week. But area schools (and districts all over, including Houston and me) were on SB this week

If that's the case I'd say it was a little if a disappointment. I would have expected over 2,000.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

It's not SFA spring break...that was last week. But area schools (and districts all over, including Houston and me) were on SB this week

If that's the case I'd say it was a little if a disappointment. I would have expected over 2,000.
Students, other than athletic department, were largely absent. Free pizza for the first 250, and there was still some left at half time. The student section was almost entirely cheer and dance squads.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Students, other than athletic department, were largely absent. Free pizza for the first 250, and there was still some left at half time. The student section was almost entirely cheer and dance squads.

Ugh. Ugh. I can't believe the apathy. Well, it's not only SFA I went to a couple games at Sam recently. Not any better and from what I've seen on ESPN + we (SFA) are not alone. Something with Covid has turned students inward, iPhone facing.
Pilotgirl
V went to pick up some supplies at SFA admissions while we were in town. People were surprised to see her bc she took the week off for her spring break (and so we could go to the big dance if we made it). They asked what she was doing in town, and she responded "Our Ladyjacks are in the WNIT and we are hosting the game tonight!" She was surrounded by staff and students. None of them knew about the game.

So it's nit just apathy. It's the lack of adverstising/marketing, too.
TallTexan
We need a whole new approach IMO.
PurpleOut
Staff
There seems to be little to no communication or planning across different university groups. If you don't follow every single social media page, you'll probably miss out on something because nobody works together.

I just saw there's a Sean Kingston concert...a somewhat big name...that SAA is putting on and SFA Athletics just sent an email about. It's one week before the Spring Football game.

I'm not really sure what SpringFest fully is, but nobody thought to do this on the same day as the spring game (not to mention it's in the coliseum a month after basketball season ends)? I can't figure out how we consistently miss out on the easy things.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

There seems to be little to no communication or planning across different university groups. If you don't follow every single social media page, you'll probably miss out on something because nobody works together.

I just saw there's a Sean Kingston concert...a somewhat big name...that SAA is putting on and SFA Athletics just sent an email about. It's one week before the Spring Football game.

I'm not really sure what SpringFest fully is, but nobody thought to do this on the same day as the spring game (not to mention it's in the coliseum a month after basketball season ends)? I can't figure out how we consistently miss out on the easy things.

Yeah, communication sucks at SFA. I think the SpringFest is to make up for cancelation of the Homecoming concert with B.o.B., partially.
Pilotgirl
As an aside, ticket prices for Ark vs SFA on Monday are $5/$3 for youth. Our tickets were $20.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

As an aside, ticket prices for Ark vs SFA on Monday are $5/$3 for youth. Our tickets were $20.

I've got an idea. SFA Athletics and Ryan Ivey need a 60 something marketing genius that understands SFA culture and student organizations to run (manage, implement a detailed marketing plan) that will draw students from organizations to COMPETE against one another for a sort of supporters shield!
nacluth
Is that your application BigJack?
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Is that your application BigJack?

Submitted!!!!!
Pilotgirl
IT'S GAME DAY! So glad SFA has a bus available to take fans/students to Arkansas! Really wish we would have been able to go V was trying to make it work but she has jury duty at 8:30, otherwise she would have made it! Excited for our Ladies to play at least one more game!
nacluth
Pumped for tonight. Arkansas has struggled against good defensive teams. They were ranked as high as #17 earlier this year, but they haven't hit on all cylinders every game. If we can get them out of rhythm and get some shooting going, we have a shot.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

IT'S GAME DAY! So glad SFA has a bus available to take fans/students to Arkansas! Really wish we would have been able to go V was trying to make it work but she has jury duty at 8:30, otherwise she would have made it! Excited for our Ladies to play at least one more game!

Judge: Ma'am, 10 years hard labor is not a fitting punishment for graffiti.

V: your honor, this punk made me miss a chance to watch the Ladyjacks play.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

Judge: Ma'am, 10 years hard labor is not a fitting punishment for graffiti.

V: your honor, this punk made me miss a chance to watch the Ladyjacks play.
I could totally see her doing this....she never forgets LOL
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

We need a short video of Jordan shooting FT's.

Bounce, Bounce, Bounce... Hesitate... Bounce, Bounce, Bounce... Nothing but net.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

I see the ticket prices for tonight's game are $5.00 - not a typo. Just five. I was stunned. Pleasantly stunned, of course.
Pilotgirl
Ok...let's settle in a bit. Holding our own. Jordan's shots not going in ...yet. they will start falling. Let's hit em with that Defense! Make em tired!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Started out okay but haven't scored in a while and already 6 turnovers to 1
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Started out okay but haven't scored in a while and already 6 turnovers to 1

Yeah, not good.

Our offense gotta step up. 10-18 Arkansas end of 1st
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA missing open shots. The combination of four subs and Jordan looked totally out of whack.
nacluth
Not as bad as the CBU game, but have to start getting in to the feel of the game.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA missing open shots. The combination of four subs and Jordan looked totally out of whack.

We look lost. And the height difference is giving us fits. Jordan looking like a Freshman tonight. Regroup...Let's go!!
nacluth
Come on defense.
djsfw57
I didn't know this game would be broadcast in homervision. I finally had to turn the sound off. These guys had the game over with more than 2 minutes left in the first half. Ridiculous.
jboy93
VERY fortunate to only be down by 11! We can do this...
nacluth
Absolutely. Get some d going and we can get back. If they aren't wide open, they are not good shooters.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Why is it both SFA MBB and Wbb hold the ball for last shot--wait til about 7 seconds before advancing and then never get a good shot off. Seen this too may times---Much more so by MBB
SFA Jack Fanatic
We might as well go home. One of the announcers (the loud-mouthed one) has already declared that SFA can't possibly win.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Very true, Ark, has had about 7 three pointers that were airballs.

Ladyjacks must settle in and figure ways to score.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

We might as well go home. One of the announcers (the loud-mouthed one) has already declared that SFA can't possibly win.
Put it on mute and listen to the radio. He's hard to listen to.
jboy93
OUR SHOOTING IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!
nacluth
Whew. Cannot buy a bucket.
nacluth
These fouls are ridiculous

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.