SFA / Utah Valley

7,676 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA finally gets to play Utah Valley tomorrow night at 7pm. The Wolverines have already sewn up a WAC championship though the Jacks can spoil the #1 seed.

Jacks don't have much to play for right now except pure pride. This will be a quad 2 game which we haven't won one this year. Jacks go into the final game down Day Day and Nana as injury struck all repeated syllables this week.

UVU is an all around solid team that is looking to finish a brutal WAC slate with only 3 losses. They have to try to get through SFA first.

Axe 'em!
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

SFA finally gets to play Utah Valley tomorrow night at 7pm. The Wolverines have already sewn up a WAC championship though the Jacks can spoil the #1 seed.

Jacks don't have much to play for right now except pure pride. This will be a quad 2 game which we haven't won one this year. Jacks go into the final game down Day Day and Nana as injury struck all repeated syllables this week.

UVU is an all around solid team that is looking to finish a brutal WAC slate with only 3 losses. They have to try to get through SFA first.

Axe 'em!

Repeated syllables. I see what you did there, Ryan.
PurpleOut
Staff
If they put updated seedings out today we'll drop back to the 6th seed. Obviously we want to play well and try to get some momentum going into Las Vegas...but not much we can do here. No Hall, no Nana...I just want us to stay healthy to even have a chance in Las Vegas.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

If they put updated seedings out today we'll drop back to the 6th seed. Obviously we want to play well and try to get some momentum going into Las Vegas...but not much we can do here. No Hall, no Nana...I just want us to stay healthy to even have a chance in Las Vegas.

Stay healthy and work on some offense for the tourney that isn't primarily iso and pray.
nacluth
We're pretty much committed to the sixth seed win or lose. The only way we could move is if we win and GCU loses, and then it will be tight.
No-look
nacluth said:

We're pretty much committed to the sixth seed win or lose. The only way we could move is if we win and GCU loses, and then it will be tight.
who would we most likely play?
nacluth
Utah Tech 90%. There's a slight chance it could be UTRGV.
SFAJack_76
No Hall, no Nana, no Posey. People keep leaving JJP out, but he could have provided some badly needed minutes last night. He was arguably our best on ball defender. A few minutes to spell AJ could have been really important.

We will never know.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yes, JJP could have been a huge help last night, if he was around.

Personally I don't bring him up because most of us here don't know the reason/cause of his departure. Did he break team rules ? Did he and Keller tangle? Was there an amicable split? As there are likely negative reasons behind his leaving, I just think of him as gone. Different than losing someone to injury.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Personally I don't bring him up because most of us here don't know the reason/cause of his departure. Did he break team rules ? Did he and Keller tangle? Was there an amicable split? As there are likely negative reasons behind his leaving, I just think of him as gone. Different than losing someone to injury.

He did not leave because he broke team rules. That, I am certain of.
No-look
Coming off an emotional game Wednesday and traveling to Utah for a game two nights later will be hard. Crazy scheduling?
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

. It's just hard for me to understand why a player would bail at the end of the season
PurpleOut
Staff
After the Sam game, I heard Day was pretty upset that he wasn't out there. Looks like he's going to try to play in Vegas.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hoping we hold him out tonight at least.

No-look
Great news!
jboy93
PurpleOut said:

Hoping we hold him out tonight at least.

I watched him on the bench and it looked like the sling wasn't doing much. He had it off at one point using his arm so hopefully he will be okay.
SFA Jack Fanatic
If he plays, here's hoping and praying that even more serious long term damage doesn't result from it. (And yes, hold him out tonight.)
Jacks1989
Just shows how committed this young man is to the team. His heart and soul is a Lumberjack. Glad to have him back but Hopefully he want damage his shoulder even more.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Just shows how committed this young man is to the team. His heart and soul is a Lumberjack. Glad to have him back but Hopefully he want damage his shoulder even more.

The definition of commitment. Hope we can keep him in the program. Axe 'Em Jacks
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

. It's just hard for me to understand why a player would bail at the end of the season

He didn't "bail."
Ljacks&Longnecks
UVU score graphics not working thus far.....just as well as UVU up 13-4 with 15+ to go.
nacluth
Well rough start so far. We'll see if we can start hitting shots.
RichieVan
The color commentator doesn't add much color, and that's being kind
Ljacks&Longnecks
Any word on Nana?
nacluth
Looking like a Southland team early. Don't know what we have tonight.
Ljacks&Longnecks
After Weds night and then quick travel turnaround I don't think we have much tonight. Can't begin to slow down their big man. Has all the makings of a total blowout tonight.

Also terrible schedule making to have a Weds night home game then be expected to travel 1000 miles for a Friday road game.
nacluth
Down by 20 12:30 into the game.
No-look
Getting dominated. We have nothing inside
nacluth
Roti down with a hand to the face. We'll see who can even make it to Vegas at this point.
nacluth
We chose Robbie to take Roti's foul shots?

They chose. But Robbie's feelings it.
No-look
nacluth said:

the opposing coach picks doesn't he?
nacluth
Now Jossell is hurt and draws a tech.
TallTexan
No-look said:

nacluth said:

the opposing coach picks doesn't he?

They do. Classless when you're up by 20 and you know your opponent only has 7 players and you just injured one.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Now Jossell is hurt and draws a tech.

Wish they would have shown the replay. Thought he got shoved watching in real time.
nacluth
It's been a brutal half, and more than the score.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.