New WRJ Configuration (Seating included)

3,478 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Last night Wally sent out an email to (I assume) current season ticket holders:

Quote:

Good Evening Basketball Fans!

I hope you are all doing well and we appreciate your patience during this process. We are thankful for everyone who has provided feedback and the interest many shared in attending our focus group. We know some of you were not able to attend and hope this summary will help you understand what changes are taking place.

Following our Focus Group conversations, we are excited to share the reconfiguration for the upcoming 2021-22 basketball season and season ticket pricing. Below is all the information you need to plan ahead and get your tickets for next season. I have also attached a summary and diagram to look at. Feel free to reach out anytime via email and we will address your concerns as soon as possible. After July 1, when you are ready to purchase your tickets, please visit sfatickets.com to complete that transaction.

Split Tickets
For the 2021-22 season, the Lumberjacks and Ladyjacks will have separate season tickets. This is due to the fact that there will be no doubleheaders in WAC play and to the fact it will allow for targeted marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales and attendance for each sport. Along with the split tickets, we have also changed price levels to the following:
  • Midcourt From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 1
  • Sideline From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 2
  • Corners From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 3
  • Baseline From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 5

We have the following pricing options going on sale on July 1 (not including Courtside or Loge Box sections):
  • Women's Basketball Only Season Tickets - $66-$102 for a projected 14 games depending on section for an average of $7.28/game
  • Men's Basketball Only Season Tickets - $75-$116 for a projected 16 games depending on section for an average of $7.25/game
  • Women's and Men's Combo Season Tickets - $126-$189 for a projected 30 games depending on section for an average of $6.30/game

Student Sections
The students are now located in sections 110, 112 and 113

Band Section
The band is now located in section 111

2019-20 Tickets
As promised last summer, we have pulled in the 2019-20 seats for renewals and not the 2020-21 COVID re-seats. If you were not a season ticket holder in 2019-20, you may keep your seat if no renewing fan claims an option to your seat. If a renewing 2019-20 fan claims your seat, then you will need to work with our ticket office to find a new seat for the 2021-22 season and beyond.

Flipping Benches
For the 2021-22 season, we will be flipping the SFA bench from EAST-WEST and SOUTH-NORTH. With the completion of the new Loddie Naymola Basketball Performance Center, the new player tunnel will exit in a way that would cause crossover between teams that we would like to avoid if possible. This adjustment also will allow for the front of our coaches and players to be visible on camera for web and tv productions. Previously, only the backs of the team benches were viewable on camera.

As such, we are making available the option to request mirrored seats in the opposite section. Below are the sections you may request a mirrored seat in:
  • Section 108 may move to matching seat in 120, if available as some of those seats are currently taken with renewals
  • Section 117 may move to matching seat in 105
  • Section 118 may move to matching seat in 106, except in the first two rows
  • Section 119 may move to an available seat in 107 as many of those seats are currently taken
  • If you do not like the option available to you, you may always keep your current seats

Important Dates
  • Available seats will go on sale July 1, 2021.
  • Deadline to request new mirrored seat is August 1, 2021. At that time, we will remove the hold codes of held seats to sell them to those that would like to purchase them.
  • Deadline to pay renewal balance for seats is September 1, 2021. At that time, we will remove tickets from fan accounts and release them to be sold.

I know this is a lot of information, but please rest easy knowing that so long as we are in communication, we will find a solution to help you get great seats for this season. We have limited staff in the office next week, so email is a great way to submit your request and for us to help you as we work remotely.

Thank you for all of your support and talk to you soon.

PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Here is the new configuration. Section numbers are the same, but as mentioned, the benches are flipped, and the band and students have been moved.


PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
So this presents some options for us, mainly season ticket holders.

Last year we had some discussions, a lot on Twitter, about trying to get more of us to sit in the same section and/or close to each other. Those that may or may not be louder and into the games more than the average fan (nothing personal to anyone).

What are initial thoughts here? Do you want to keep your same seats and now sit behind the benches and scorers table? Or do you want to have your seats mirrored so that you are across the bench like you previously were?

I like both options to be honest, but, I would be down for trying to again get a larger group of enthusiastic season ticket holders closer together. I think this is also an opportunity to grow the fan base and create some relationships across fans. What if we also create basically an organized fan group (maybe that the AD even recognizes)? With a WhatsApp group or similar option so we could talk to each other about games, travel, tailgating, life, etc?

As always, trying to think outside the box for things we can do for SFA Basketball.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All good ideas Matt. I guess I would prefer more fans on the TV side if that makes a difference. I think an organized group is probably the way to go even though I don't organize well. But if you tell me what everyone is doing, I'll do it.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My first thought is that I'd like to be on the side opposing the teams, as I like to see the benches well.

But am I to assume that we're now putting fans back behind the visitors benches instead of visitor seating?

All for organizing a pretty good group.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We will probably mirror our current seats.
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
TallTexan said:

My first thought is that I'd like to be on the side opposing the teams, as I like to see the benches well.

But am I to assume that we're now putting fans back behind the visitors benches instead of visitor seating?

All for organizing a pretty good group.


Rows A & B in Sec 108 will be reserved for visiting fans. So if you had tickets there, you have to move unfortunately. But this is a WAC rule for visitor seating.
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
nacluth said:

All good ideas Matt. I guess I would prefer more fans on the TV side if that makes a difference. I think an organized group is probably the way to go even though I don't organize well. But if you tell me what everyone is doing, I'll do it.


I do also like the idea more to make sure TV viewing seats are filled.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

All good ideas Matt. I guess I would prefer more fans on the TV side if that makes a difference. I think an organized group is probably the way to go even though I don't organize well. But if you tell me what everyone is doing, I'll do it.


I do also like the idea more to make sure TV viewing seats are filled.
That's an excellent point.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just so I'm clear, what you're calling the "TV viewing seats" would be across from the team benches rather than behind them, right? Section 119, for example?
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BTW, I like having the band in Section 111. Blow the visiting teams' heads off during timeouts.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Just so I'm clear, what you're calling the "TV viewing seats" would be across from the team benches rather than behind them, right? Section 119, for example?
Nope. Seats on TV would be behind the new placement of the benches.

It's where it's always been, they're just moving the teams into the camera shot.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BTW, I like having the band in Section 111. Blow the visiting teams' heads off during timeouts.
100%. Even more reason to do a full band game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Just so I'm clear, what you're calling the "TV viewing seats" would be across from the team benches rather than behind them, right? Section 119, for example?
Nope. Seats on TV would be behind the new placement of the benches.

It's where it's always been, they're just moving the teams into the camera shot.

OK, thanks. Then I'll be moving my seats to 119. I prefer seeing the teams from across the court.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would court vision be the same on both sides?
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I think I'm going to stay on the same side (new bench side). If anyone wants to stay, or move close together...I bet we can make a request.

We were discussing on Twitter pre-game meets up at the Fredonia Brewery. Which I think is a great idea for weekend games.

I wish it was a little closer to the Coliseum, but I'm up for any type of place if it helps fans gather before the game. Especially if we can start marketing it as such.
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm gonna hold off on getting both men and women season tickets until I get a schedule. Will probably go ahead and get the women season tickets. Hopefully, we will have a schedule out sooner this season!
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The brewery looks like a pretty cool place to host some hangouts. And could be one of those opportunities to drag along a few extra fans to the game.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we'll probably stay on the new bench side as well.

Gonna try to move down into the first few rows if they'll let me.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl said:

I'm gonna hold off on getting both men and women season tickets until I get a schedule. Will probably go ahead and get the women season tickets. Hopefully, we will have a schedule out sooner this season!


Ladyjack schedule is close. Same issue of teams not wanting to play us.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

I'm gonna hold off on getting both men and women season tickets until I get a schedule. Will probably go ahead and get the women season tickets. Hopefully, we will have a schedule out sooner this season!


Ladyjack schedule is close. Same issue of teams not wanting to play us.


We need a WAC conference challenge to help fill games with quality opponents.

Could do a home and home every year with Big Sky.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So ready to get back to pre COVID attendance, or better. Will a new conference help lure fans to games? SFA has always lead the Southland in attendance but that may be a challenge in the WAC. Are the powers that be zeroed in on it?
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
No-look said:

So ready to get back to pre COVID attendance, or better. Will a new conference help lure fans to games? SFA has always lead the Southland in attendance but that may be a challenge in the WAC. Are the powers that be zeroed in on it?
I hope so!

I wish the focus groups would have been more open, or if they could share more on what was discussed (other than the seating reconfiguration).
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:





We need a WAC conference challenge to help fill games with quality opponents.

Could do a home and home every year with Big Sky.

That would be SOOOO great! I'd burn up the highways to see that every year! Suggest that to Ivey, Texan.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need to be showing Grand Canyon games to our fan base at every occasion. This is how much fun our students could be having.
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
nacluth said:

We need to be showing Grand Canyon games to our fan base at every occasion. This is how much fun our students could be having.
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Getting off topic here for thread, but since we're talking about it.

purpleballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need games in DFW. Why do we not play UNT, UTA, SMU or TCU? Will they not play us?
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
purpleballs said:

We need games in DFW. Why do we not play UNT, UTA, SMU or TCU? Will they not play us?

Yep. For the same obvious reason why UT and A&M won't. They don't want to expose to the world the fact that we're in their weight class (or above.)
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

purpleballs said:

We need games in DFW. Why do we not play UNT, UTA, SMU or TCU? Will they not play us?

Yep. For the same obvious reason why UT and A&M won't. They don't want to expose to the world the fact that we're in their weight class (or above.)


We should be looking above UNT and UTA. Not that we wouldn't or won't play them but games against Missouri Valley schools or WCC schools
purpleballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

purpleballs said:

We need games in DFW. Why do we not play UNT, UTA, SMU or TCU? Will they not play us?

Yep. For the same obvious reason why UT and A&M won't. They don't want to expose to the world the fact that we're in their weight class (or above.)



We should be looking above UNT and UTA. Not that we wouldn't or won't play them but games against Missouri Valley schools or WCC schools


Im just being selfish. I would like to see them more.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still rocking the Southland logos.

Guess they're waiting til July 1 to be officially official.

PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I think it's going to be a new full court design, or at least most of it and not just the conference logo. Probably a longer task that they have to wait for until camps are over.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

I think it's going to be a new full court design, or at least most of it and not just the conference logo. Probably a longer task that they have to wait for until camps are over.


Well that's exciting.
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

So ready to get back to pre COVID attendance, or better. Will a new conference help lure fans to games? SFA has always lead the Southland in attendance but that may be a challenge in the WAC. Are the powers that be zeroed in on it?
I hope so!

I wish the focus groups would have been more open, or if they could share more on what was discussed (other than the seating reconfiguration).
Just thinking about attendance, Maybe have theme nights( Star Wars etc). Make the experience more than basketball. What about high school challenge night? Area schools wear school colors? What are ways to get the SFA students involved more? Needs to get back to when 4000 was an off night.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.