New WRJ Configuration (Seating included)

10,706 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I'll just add this to this thread.

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

I'll just add this to this thread.

Either C or D, but I'm leaning toward C. I'm not in love with the axe logo.
sfajack05
I'm probably in the minority but I wish they would separate SFA out a little bit more on the Texas logo so the letters are not directly on top of each other.
TallTexan
sfajack05 said:

I'm probably in the minority but I wish they would separate SFA out a little bit more on the Texas logo so the letters are not directly on top of each other.

I'm with you there.

It's my favorite logo but could use a bit of refinement.
TallTexan
How do we feel the purple arc is gonna look over time?
PurpleOut
Staff
I like C the best I think, but D is fine as well.

While I like the new marks, I don't really like them as a primary focus on the field/court.
TallTexan
This is a small thing, but if they do A or B, they need to stretch the logo a hair more and cover the entire tipoff circle.

Pretty sure the current is bc of the app they used to create, but who can say.
TallTexan
If I were going to do a new logo on the court, I think I'd pick this one and replace the Lumberjacks with Stephen F Austin and then add a top and bottom bevel for Ladyjacks/Lumberjacks.

PurpleOut
Staff
They need to stretch it, but the tip-off circle still has to be there. Even with giant logos, there's still a faint circle.
No-look
I like C the best. I like a colorful court.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

They need to stretch it, but the tip-off circle still has to be there. Even with giant logos, there's still a faint circle.

Ya you can barely see it on our current court. I just think stretching it is probably the best to avoid a more distinct line.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I like C the best I think, but D is fine as well.

While I like the new marks, I don't really like them as a primary focus on the field/court.
Agree on both points.
TallTexan
Like someone said on twitter, D would look even better with purple lanes.
SFAXE93
Agree with C
djsfw57
I LOVE the pine trees on the court! My favorite is C.
SFAXE93
I'm surprised this didn't make the cut.

TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

I'm surprised this didn't make the cut.

This hurts worse than the Notre Dame game.
TallTexan
Here's what I was talking about on the new secondary logo at center court.

*this is not the actual SFA secondary logo, it's just something I threw together to show the idea*

TallTexan
SFA has a new manager of ticketing. Chris Bentley.

Used to work for the Texans in ticketing. I figure if he can sell Texans tickets, imagine what he can do for winning teams!
PurpleOut
Staff
Almost 48% for Option C out of 537 total votes.

I checked the YKYWTSFA Facebook page and it's got a ton of comments and almost everyone voting for C.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Almost 48% for Option C out of 537 total votes.

I checked the YKYWTSFA Facebook page and it's got a ton of comments and almost everyone voting for C.

They allowed it to be posted there? I'm kinda surprised.

The original Facebook post from SFA athletics has a healthy mix but a strong lean towards C.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

SFA has a new manager of ticketing. Chris Bentley.

Used to work for the Texans in ticketing. I figure if he can sell Texans tickets, imagine what he can do for winning teams!

V worked with him....she said he's a great hire and just finished his Masters in Sports Business.
Pilotgirl
I definitely think something has ti be targeted for WBB. They have done their part by being a dominant, winning program. Now WE gotta step it up on the attendance side.

I really like the Polar Express idea. V and I were brainstorming and think they need to hit the Freshmen/SFA 101 classes to hook them right off and keep them coming for 4 years.

Also, sponsorships...spotlight the sponsor during the game and the families/employees get in free or reduced ticket.

KState did something fun for their WBB. They give out Bacon. Who doesn't love bacon? It was a hit and increased attendance. I'm not saying we copy them but something similar could be done. BBQ? Free for students, others would pay. Honey butter chicken biscuits?

Church groups...I think they used to give free tickets to them.
Pilotgirl
Honestly, free stuff in general. Remember, they are co.peting with other stuff going on at the same time. College kids are motivated by FREE things. Heck, I'm motivated by free stuff lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

KState did something fun for their WBB. They give out Bacon. Who doesn't love bacon? It was a hit and increased attendance.

Bacon??? They give away bacon??? Just curious.... Raw or cooked? By the pound or by the slice? Their men's teams have not been very good lately, so you're saying that the women are the ones "bringing home the bacon" at K-State?
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

KState did something fun for their WBB. They give out Bacon. Who doesn't love bacon? It was a hit and increased attendance.

Bacon??? They give away bacon??? Just curious.... Raw or cooked? By the pound or by the slice? Their men's teams have not been very good lately, so you're saying that the women are the ones "bringing home the bacon" at K-State?

Cooked. https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/kansas-state-came-idea-free-bacon-giveaway-basketball-180039658--ncaab.html
I think it was just a one-off but definitely increased attendance for that game. It was different. They cooked 300 lbs of bacon and had 1000 students attend against a meh opponent. Seems like it worked.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I definitely think something has ti be targeted for WBB. They have done their part by being a dominant, winning program. Now WE gotta step it up on the attendance side.

I really like the Polar Express idea. V and I were brainstorming and think they need to hit the Freshmen/SFA 101 classes to hook them right off and keep them coming for 4 years.

Also, sponsorships...spotlight the sponsor during the game and the families/employees get in free or reduced ticket.

KState did something fun for their WBB. They give out Bacon. Who doesn't love bacon? It was a hit and increased attendance. I'm not saying we copy them but something similar could be done. BBQ? Free for students, others would pay. Honey butter chicken biscuits?

Church groups...I think they used to give free tickets to them.

I like all of these.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Cooked. https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/kansas-state-came-idea-free-bacon-giveaway-basketball-180039658--ncaab.html
I think it was just a one-off but definitely increased attendance for that game. It was different. They cooked 300 lbs of bacon and had 1000 students attend against a meh opponent. Seems like it worked.
Man, if we ever get a home game against Arkansas.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I'd buy the bacon myself & donate for that!
TallTexan
I made some edits to add a sawmill flavor to the court design.

purpleballs
To me C or D are the only options. That is our school logo, A and B are not. While our logo may not be know nation wide, I guarantee it is more recognizable than 10 years ago. Major schools don't go changing their logos. They stick with a "brand" and they market it. Just my 2 cents.

Also why do I remember seeing a court where the entire court looked like like horizontal tree logs? Am i imagining this? I thought it was some sort of SFA court but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

Skewered pig! Skewered!
PurpleOut
Staff
Final results from Twitter, out of 1,099 votes:

Design A: 12.7%
Design B: 7.5%
Design C: 47.5%
Design D: 32.2%

Pretty overwhelming for the main logo option(s). This was again just from Twitter, but I would assume overall will be similar. The % from that Facebook page was even more in favor of Design C.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Pretty overwhelming for the main logo option(s). This was again just from Twitter, but I would assume overall will be similar. The % from that Facebook page was even more in favor of Design C.

Had a few votes for Option E.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Had a few votes for Option E.
If they want to provide me a seat that close to the court...then I'll allow it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.