SFA / Texas A&M - Corpus Christi

14,258 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (10-3, 6-1) vs. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (3-10, 0-4)

WHEN: FEB 3 (WED) 7:00P.M.
WHERE: American Bank Center (Corpus Christi, TX)
WATCH: Islanders Digital Network (live link) - free

The SFA Lumberjacks have come through the toughest week of their schedule in a decent position. A tough loss in Abilene was more or less balanced with a dominant performance at home over Sam Houston. The week has left the Jacks still tied with three other SLC teams with one loss. Each of these teams control their destiny of a regular season championship. The Jacks will have to hold the course and stay steady until the final week of the season when they play both ACU and Sam again.

The back half of the schedule begins in Corpus Wednesday night. Willis Wilson's Islanders have been hit hard by the postponement bug to begin SLC play. They have just completed the first quarter of their games while most teams are already playing their second half. Corpus has yet to win a Division 1 game this year. They are the dregs of the pitiful Southland. However, do not think this is an easy win. This is a trap game.

It is hard to win in Corpus and Willis Wilson has made a career out of that long drive for opponents. Sam just escaped with a win in the final 10 seconds of play in their last game. SFA has fallen for the beach bait many times, and it calls again. Big win over Sam, easy win over Corpus. Don't count on it. Guards Jalen White (So. 6' 5") and Myles Smith (Sr., 6' 0") are solid ball handlers and know how to score. While the team does not have tons of height, they do know how to slow offenses down. They are a top ten team in the nation turning over opponents more than 17 times a game. And they have a significant jump in all stats at home. And if Wilson is still their coach, then they are going to play nasty inside and try to draw fouls.

SFA's guards showed in Sunday that they can lead this team to victory. Now we need consistency. This is the time to build and ride momentum, not to let the foot off the gas. It's going to be hard after a big TV win over a bitter rival at a rocking WRJ to play one of the worst teams in the nation in a library after an 8 hour bus ride. Young studs Solomon and Nana are going to need to bring some enthusiasm. Brown and Posey (if he's there) will need to cheer and yell. This team feeds off energy, and you better believe Corpus is going to try to serve them up cold fish.

Just fundamental play and this team cruises home with a win. This is where Keller's discipline as a coach will show. Every game matters. This win goes in the column like all the rest. They just have to put it there.

Axe 'em!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Nice commentary. And glad to see that you included a photo of Hooten from Sunday's game, too.
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Nice commentary. And glad to see that you included a photo of Hooten from Sunday's game, too.
Nothing like starting the day off with a great big belly laugh!
SFA, Class of 1979
SFA Jack Fanatic
The game will also be streamed on the Southland app on Roku (and maybe on other platforms).
nacluth
Roti hurt.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Roti hurt.

No!!!! Is he ok?
nacluth
Keller says he hurt back in practice yesterday. Didn't make trip.
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The game will also be streamed on the Southland app on Roku (and maybe on other platforms).
Thank you for this info! I really didn't want to watch the game on a laptop. Old eyes, ya know!
SFA, Class of 1979
No-look
Game delay.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Gracias.

Is it my internet connection or does it look like they're broadcasting this from 1975?
No-look
Will it be a 7:30 start?
sfa17
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Gracias.

Is it my internet connection or does it look like they're broadcasting this from 1975?
audio also sounds like its from 1975
SFA Jack Fanatic
No score on the screen, so I guess we'll have to guess the score most of the game.

Someone woke up and put it on there.
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No score on the screen, so I guess we'll have to guess the score most of the game.

great, i guess it doesnt actually keep track of the score
SFA Jack Fanatic
This broadcast is a joke.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This broadcast is a joke.

Again, can't wait to be out of this trash conference.
No-look
Hoping the WAC away teams will have better streams.
SFASawmillGuy
Rob Meyer not pulling any punches.
Pilotgirl
sfa17 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

great, i guess it doesnt actually keep track of the score

That's too much technological advancement for them...give em a break...they are on island time!
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

Hoping the WAC away teams will have better streams.

I mean honestly I hope we have better home streams. Our home streams have been pretty bad for football the past couple of seasons. Idk what's to blame for the dropoff in quality.
No-look
We might want to play some defense. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Missing point-blank layups. Geezz..
MasterAxe
Seeing Nana bury some 17 foot jumpers is not something I was prepared for this season.

Or, ever.
Rev007
Nana continues to impress!
sfa17
offense looking good but have to improve defensively. Nana with the mid range
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've never heard a stadium announcer tell the score after every bucket.
Rev007
Kharee sighting
MasterAxe
That was incredibly poor game management to end the half.
Rev007
Horrible finish to the first half.
sfa17
They will continue to stay in the game if we keep playing d like that. Not trying to race them to 90 points
MasterAxe
Big men from SFA are really playing well.

25 points and 16 Rebounds from Gavin, Charlie, Nana and Calvin.

Did have some blown layups but that group has really played well.
Rev007
Solomon is impressing with his free throw makes and his aggressiveness down low. Looks like they tried to run a play for him early as he tends to disappear.
Rev007
Our bigs definitely have the advantage. When Daniels was the featured big man, he looked like a totally different player.
No-look
Need to tighten that D and will be fine.
Rev007
We can't sag off 32.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.