SFA / New Orleans (2)

19,052 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
11 point lead under 4.
nacluth
All starters, no bench.
nacluth
10 points 69 seconds. Bandwagon fans leaving.
nacluth
7 point win to prove all computers wrong.

Great win Jacks!!! 21-3!
RichieVan
This team needs to learn how to put the boot on the throat of the opponent and take away their hope. Too much standing on offense and second half carelessness let UNO get back in the game.

I'll take the win, but we need more consistency.
nacluth
Duke losing to a terrible UNC team to help sink our ratings.
sfa17
RichieVan said:

This team needs to learn how to put the boot on the throat of the opponent and take away their hope. Too much standing on offense and second half carelessness let UNO get back in the game.

I'll take the win, but we need more consistency.

Can't blow teams out if we continue with the careless turnovers
jboy93
Well looks like second half wasn't that good but came away with a win! By the way, it was worth being away. My daughter won first overall!! Tooting my own horn!!! Lol
Ljacks&Longnecks
Quoting Rob Meyers postgame comment...."Jacks made it a little more interesting than they needed to" after mentioning that SFA led by 25 with 18 to play. 12 2nd half turnovers to only 5 first half.
I wanna give UNO some credit there...they only had 9 healthy players and they didn't quit.

Agree with Richie Van that I'd like to see us complete the kill when dominating as we did all 1st half.....that said didn't worry about it a lot today BUT when Katy comes we need to stay focused and dominate all day long. We are easily the best team in SLC and we need to show it in Katy. ESPN guys said Lunardi has us as a 12 seed right now.
SFASawmillGuy
How was the crowd. Wasn't able to watch, but from highlights it looked bad.
nacluth
Pushing 5000 but probably didn't crack it.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Thought crowd looked pretty good. No one really on the ends but middle looked good. Ryan or someone there live can kick in here.....
Pilotgirl
SFA_03 said:

There was plenty there but they didn't know how to act. TWO different sets of fake fans mocked V and I when we would shout on D and heckle the UNO players. While they let their kids run up and down the stairs for 5 hours straight.

Energy def went down when Nate left and went up a little when he returned.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I agree. Around 5k.
TallTexan
How was the tailgating?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yeah Pilotgirl, I don't understand when your own fans get on you for getting into the game, yelling at a ref or opposing player. You wonder why they are there. Although not a top reason why we don't get bigger crowds it doesn't help any. I mean who wants to hear "sit down" or "shut up" from fellow "fans" of the same team??
Ljacks&Longnecks
Did anyone else notice how deathly quiet Purple Haze section was when UNO was shooting the technical FT??
MasterAxe
BTW: I think we broke Sam.
cboothe09
I was going to post the same thing lol...back-to-back losses after we knocked them off in Huntsville
nacluth
5337 final numbers for the game. Best of the season so far. The numbers probably a little skewed because of the double header.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFA_03 said:

There was plenty there but they didn't know how to act. TWO different sets of fake fans mocked V and I when we would shout on D and heckle the UNO players. While they let their kids run up and down the stairs for 5 hours straight.

Towards the end of the first half of the Ladyjacks game, a guy sitting across the aisle came over and asked in an aggressive tone if I was going to yell the whole game. My response was, probably. He said yelling at refs was unsportsmanlike and was ruining the game for him. He then singled out a couple of guys in different sections behind us that were ruining the game for him also. In an exchange with one of them, he told him he was going to call security. He is not a regular in that area.

SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Pushing 5000 but probably didn't crack it.
5,337 officially.
SFAJack_76
A couple of things on Bain. He is more important to this team than I have given him credit for. Other than "the shot", he won't ever get the credit that Comeaux and Harris get. He should.

Also, he must be the quickest healer in basketball. We have seen him before screaming in pain and pounding the floor. Then, minutes later he is back at full speed. I know tonight hurt. I saw the ankle roll. I'm amazed.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA_03 said:

Towards the end of the first half of the Ladyjacks game, a guy sitting across the aisle came over and asked in an aggressive tone if I was going to yell the whole game. My response was, probably. He said yelling at refs was unsportsmanlike and was ruining the game for him. He then singled out a couple of guys in different sections behind us that were ruining the game for him also. In an exchange with one of them, he told him he was going to call security. He is not a regular in that area.

Ridiculous
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ha! I was the guy he was going to call security on! I have never seen him at a game before. One of the cheerleaders was his daughter. He probably had never been to a college game. I was giving the blonde ref a piece of my mind for making a ridiculous technical call on one of the Ladyjacks. He jumped up, turned around, and asked if I was going to "scream the whole game". (I had been yelling for maybe 15 seconds.) He said another guy (maybe you) was just as bad as me. I said I was a BB official for 23 years and that play was not worthy of a technical. He said he was going to get security to get me out of the gym. I said "Please do. I want to hear what you say to them to justify removing me." He turned back around and sat down and never said another word.
jboy93
Ed I am really sorry I missed now! That would have given me more incentive to get loud!!!
nacluth
Y'all getting rowdy over there! I'm going to have to come join y'all to put you over the edge.
PurpleOut
Staff
I got a good laugh at the student section singing Christmas carols while the other team was shooting FTs. And by laugh I mean CRINGE.

I had a little back and forth with Bryson Robinson tonight. All in good fun, I'm a fan of his.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ha! I was the guy he was going to call security on! I have never seen him at a game before. One of the cheerleaders was his daughter. He probably had never been to a college game. I was giving the blonde ref a piece of my mind for making a ridiculous technical call on one of the Ladyjacks. He jumped up, turned around, and asked if I was going to "scream the whole game". (I had been yelling for maybe 15 seconds.) He said another guy (maybe you) was just as bad as me. I said I was a BB official for 23 years and that play was not worthy of a technical. He said he was going to get security to get me out of the gym. I said "Please do. I want to hear what you say to them to justify removing me." He turned back around and sat down and never said another word.
Yep. He was in my face before he turned around and hollered at you. I was also giving that ref a piece of my mind simply by yelling that the technical was a weak call. Nothing more.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yep. He was in my face before he turned around and hollered at you. I was also giving that ref a piece of my mind simply by yelling that the technical was a weak call. Nothing more.

I'm disappointed if you didn't yell back and tell him where he could cram the coliseum.
RedRiverLa
This is quite an amazing season, but what is so spectacular to me, and I put this all on Keller's and the staffs' ability, we are playing with 9 active and available (I believe) new players. Think about that for a minute. Never played before together until this season. It often takes several season to jell, and we've beaten impressive teams from day 1 and have 21 Ws at this point.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

This is quite an amazing season, but what is so spectacular to me, and I put this all on Keller's and the staffs' ability, we are playing with 9 active and available (I believe) new players. Think about that for a minute. Never played before together until this season. It often takes several season to jell, and we've beaten impressive teams from day 1 and have 21 Ws at this point.
Two of the nine new players aren't available and are being red shirted. Brown due to injury. McDaniel due of other reasons. Absolutely agree with how good this year has been considering what the roster looked like at the start of the season.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

I'm disappointed if you didn't yell back and tell him where he could cram the coliseum.
I chose to take the high road and not engage. Not that I didn't want to. He wouldn't have gotten it anyway.
RedRiverLa
Thanks, was just going by the roster on our sfa athletic site, shows 13 new guys, wasn't sure the various forms of redshirt, injuries.
RedRiverLa
I would have done the same, I just liked the joke.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.