SFA / Abilene Christian

20,582 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by No-look
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There were a few times that Bain stopped multi bucket point swings with his hustle.

His offense looked like it had a little rust, but (gestures broadly to the entire O that needed some WD-40).
sfajack05
Nice win for the Jacks. First game I've got to watch in a couple weeks.

Anyone know whats going on with Hart? Is he injured? In the doghouse? Just not grasping the system yet? I thought he was always a high energy man off the bench. He would play out of control at times or jack up shots in less than ideal situations in my opinion but always brought energy and hustled.
SFA Jack Fanatic
If I recall, Nate had one layup last night that reminded me of a certain other layup a while ago in Durham.
LUMBERJACK2005
tangerito said:

I guess Hart was in Keller's Dog House again.
I don't think he's ever gotten out. Minutes by game:
ACU - 0
Lamar 5
NW 4
UIW 9
UCA 6
PQ 13
MCN 6

Praying he doesn't transfer.
LUMBERJACK2005
Even though he is nothing more than a role player for them, every time I watch Texas Tech, I can't help but think about how good we would be if TJ would have stayed.
TallTexan
Hopefully he sticks around & I think he will.

He's insanely talented athletically. I think he'll be a great player over the years for us. He & Solomon are gonna be a force.
RedRiverLa
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

Even though he is nothing more than a role player for them, every time I watch Texas Tech, I can't help but think about how good we would be if TJ would have stayed.

I agree. And I'm petty enough to still be ticked at him for transferring, because I'm more focused on my needs than his, which is that I need SFA to dominate and save my costs in blood pressure medicine.
RedRiverLa
I
SFAJack_76
Random thoughts from the game:

Kachelries had four assists and zero turnovers in nine minutes. He didn't shoot well, but I will take those PG relief minutes.
Daniels with 20 minutes didn't fill up the stat sheet, but played very sound defense other than a couple of lapses. Good to see he is okay.
Bain was a ball of fire on defense. He has never been outstanding on offense. I never expected him to get 27 minutes. Important to have him back.
Solomon had one of his more recent least effective games. I think the ACU size, and experience, might have gotten him. That and Bain was creating value.
Kensmil was much more active in the second half. No, his hands are not good, but he was all over the floor.
Cam ... player of the game. (Sorry Kevon.) 16 points and seven rebounds. Welcome back young man!
Roti with the sloppy first half, followed by a very solid second half. Well, except for that ill advised lob attempt to Gavin. Led the team in minutes with 31.
Kevon with 19 points, but 7 turnovers. No doubt he was hurting, but those numbers are pretty well in line with his season.
Oddyst with a completely ineffective five minutes. He hasn't added much this season.
Comeaux ... stud. Absolute stud. Effective on offense. Beast on defense.

I thought Keller managed his roster very well. It was a little warm in WRJ, but the refs had him hot. Jacket off, and sleeves rolled up.
Pilotgirl
I agree 100%
LUMBERJACK2005
TallTexan said:

He's insanely talented athletically. I think he'll be a great player over the years for us. He & Solomon are gonna be a force.
Totally agree.
SFA Jack Fanatic
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

TallTexan said:

Totally agree.

Don't get your hopes up on Hart staying, guys.
Rev007
If Hart gets with the program and learns to follow the rules and be a good teammate, that's the ideal situation. If he can't, then I'm okay with one and done. We could bring in another Juco transfer, hopefully 6'10" or better (Is that a pipe dream?). We are going to suffer against quality bigs.
Rev007
I agree with the comment about Kevon turning the ball over so much. He has such a sweet shot. I wish he would work hard trying to get an open shot. That takes a lot of effort, and frankly, I haven't seen it lately. For sure, he has more positives than negatives and is surely our most talented player. Maybe I'm being too hard on him, but I want more, including 100% effort.
Rev007
On a more positive note, John seems to be playing the point guard position at a high level. He is someone that I admire. I still wish he would drive into the lane and dish more, but overall, I'm happy with his game. Lastly, his shot is much improved. I'm going to miss him after this season.
Ballwatch
IDK guys, maybe I'm reading too much into Hart's body language but my gut tells me he wants out
No-look
Where else but here can a player get updated performance evaluations on a weekly basis. Lol.
nacluth
Are you say we should start charging SFA for our service?
SFAJack_76
Ballwatch said:

IDK guys, maybe I'm reading too much into Hart's body language but my gut tells me he wants out
Talented young man from a challenging family situation. He has not responded well to the discipline required to participate in D1 basketball. His brother left LSU - Eunice after one year. I don't know why. Don't think he has found a new college. I hope Sama'Zha can work it out. I wonder if it has gone too far.
No-look
nacluth said:

OAre you say we should start charging SFA for our service?
Most definitely. Our accuracies demand it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.