SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

35,650 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nacluth
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Northwestern State is the big one. Need to avoid being tied with them.
nacluth
Season.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Sorry guys, I don't see any way we win on Saturday. Might as well just let Shannon and Kevon take 20 threes a piece and see what happens.
And give the 10 that Fitz will inexplicably take to Hughes instead.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Season.

Your commanding repertoire of Lumberjack gifts should be the lead tiebreaker for the SLC.
MasterAxe
Story if the year:

Other than Kevon and Shannon, no one developed and really actually regressed.

Either our coaches can't do it or we don't have as much talent as we thought we did.

Hate it. Wish the GD year would just end.
nacluth
I'm just glad my wife hasn't questioned yet all the time I spend looking at Lumberjack gifs.
Txjack

Now we can turn our attention to Jacks baseball........
nacluth
Softball where it at
No-look
MasterAxe said:

Story if the year:

Either our coaches can't do it or we don't have as much talent as we thought we did.

Your first statement is more correct. Saw some growth in the freshmen but no one was able to step up. When there is no balance in the team it exposes the weak areas.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

Northwestern State is the big one. Need to avoid being tied with them.

Actually, I don't see a way around this unfortunately. Problem is that UCA and NWST play each other this weekend. Assuming we're trying to get the 8-seed, and UCA and NWST lose tomorrow (if they win we're still screwed), one of them end up tied with us at 7-11. If it's NWST then they have the tie breaker. If it's UCA then the tie breaker goes to the next team that we've played twice...which would be NWST. So we're still screwed. Whatever. This is the worst.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I'm just glad my wife hasn't questioned yet all the time I spend looking at Lumberjack gifs.

... or your boss...
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Softball where it at
Amen. Could be a special season for the LadyJacks.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Well, this is one SFA fan who will be in Katy regardless. (Watching the Ladyjacks beat Lamar!)
sfa17
at 14-15 the coaches have to take some blame. We are not the first basketball team to loose players or have injuries. I'm pretty sure we have had important players injured in the past 10 years but we haven't been this bad in a long time
Txjack
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Well, this is one SFA fan who will be in Katy regardless. (Watching the Ladyjacks beat Lamar!)
I will be there too, i've never missed a tourney yet in Katy,
nacluth
Actually we need UCA and NWST to both lose tomorrow and then UCA to win. It goes to tiebreaker which we win because we beat Abilene (1-1) but UCA went 0-2.

Or...if UCA loses both games AND Corpus loses both their games, then we would still go based on both teams losing twice to ACU.

Or...if Corpus AND NWST lose out.
Jacks4460
sfa17 said:

at 14-15 the coaches have to take some blame. We are not the first basketball team to loose players or have injuries. I'm pretty sure we have had important players injured in the past 10 years but we haven't been this bad in a long time

Two of em already looking for a job..
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Actually we need UCA and NWST to both lose tomorrow and then UCA to win. It goes to tiebreaker which we win because we beat Abilene (1-1) but UCA went 0-2.

Or...if UCA loses both games AND Corpus loses both their games, then we would still go based on both teams losing twice to ACU.

Or...if Corpus and NWST lose out.

That's right, haven't looked at the tie-breaker rules in a while and was thinking it goes to the next team down the standings, instead of starting at the top.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Or...if Corpus AND NWST lose out.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

nacluth said:

I thought I was the only one....
CertifiedAxeman98
All year long they have left guys open for wide open for 3s you would think at some point they would figure out how to guard the 3 and stop playing help D.
nacluth
Don't worry Marky Mark. I'll post in real time to answer all your questions as the games happen. Just sit back and let me tell you how bad it's going to be.
HJC69
I believe the reason for last years success is we had a leader in Ty Charles. Like a coach on the floor. Even though he was hurt. Unfortunately we had no leader on the floor or otherwise. Sad to go from being picked to win the conference to probably not being in the tournament. If we luck out and everyone loses to get us in, will a leader suddenly appear?
SFAJack_76
MasterAxe said:

Story if the year:

Correct.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

nacluth said:

Softball where it at
Amen. Could be a special season for the LadyJacks.
And pole vaulting. Men and women. Ooh, and bowling.

I am proud of all of the above, but ...... just sad.
RedRiverLa
HJC69 said:

I believe the reason for last years success is we had a leader in Ty Charles. Like a coach on the floor. Even though he was hurt. Unfortunately we had no leader on the floor or otherwise. Sad to go from being picked to win the conference to probably not being in the tournament. If we luck out and everyone loses to get us in, will a leader suddenly appear?

Plus Gilmore and Canete. Gilmore's smothering defense and Canete always hit the big shot when we needed it. Two guys that don't get enough credit.
Lumberjack Battalion
No-look
RedRiverLa said:

HJC69 said:

Plus Gilmore and Canete. Gilmore's smothering defense and Canete always hit the big shot when we needed it. Two guys that don't get enough credit.
And add TJ's defense and scoring and Aaron's game. Remember when we would get on Canete's case for being lazy? Lol.
HJC69
All of the players mentioned knew how to play as a team.
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

RedRiverLa said:

HJC69 said:

And add TJ's defense and scoring and Aaron's game. Remember when we would get on Canete's case for being lazy? Lol.

Oh yea, wouldn't get back down the court. I'd take all that back to have his shooting skills this year.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/slulionsden/

It used to be open to public...think you just need to make an account.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Thanks, Pilot, but no thanks. No use wasting my time on those guys. They're not worth the time and effort. I was just steamed at that SELA troll last night.
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Thanks, Pilot, but no thanks. No use wasting my time on those guys. They're not worth the time and effort. I was just steamed at that SELA troll last night.
If it's any consolation, nobody in Louisiana pays attention to them either.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
No worries...I was just posting because someone asked!
djsfw57
brlionfan44 said:

I'm just saying they will "carry" their team to a possible 7-11 in the league and a 14-16 record. Lot of players in the Southland who have a better claim.
I'm not sure what the roadblock is to you getting a handle on this. The team record has ZERO to do with individual honors. Thusly, other players do not have a better claim just because their team has a better record. When it comes to individual honors, stats are *everything*. You simply can't argue with the numbers.
djsfw57
RedRiverLa said:

MasterAxe said:

Also, both Kevon and Shannon are top players in SLC.

But, I'd imagine only one will get 1st team.

I hate to kinda sorta agree with the SEla guy, but if we miss the tourney, that's gonna negatively influence voters for all-conference.

At this point, does it really matter. Talking all conference this year is like being overly excited the Browns finally have a quarterback. Honestly, I worry about the absolute destruction coming this Saturday of of a team that doesn't show up in the first half and is ready for the season to be over and finally really has nothing to play for. A weird year where we actually making the drive to primarily see the LadyJacks.
If you knew the agony we have had to endure with the Browns forever, you would understand why we are excited to finally have a quarterback. It's been BRUTAL. Northeast Ohio breathed a huge sigh of relief when we saw how things improved this season. We have to have something to be happy about. It's March and today the high was 18 with snow all day. See? LOL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.