SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

35,656 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nacluth
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh so the refs do know what an offensive foul is?
SFA Jack Fanatic
brlionfan44 said:

Just curious the feeling from a SFA perspective. How can guys like Harris and Bogues be even thought of as all-conference when SFA is so awful in the league?
Because they are, and because they have zero in their supporting cast.
PurpleOut
Staff
Terrible shots, terrible defense.

And Keller wastes another timeout with 51 seconds left in the half.
Jacks4460
6 point game Keller gets his T now down by 19
SFA Jack Fanatic
brlionfan44 said:

Just curious the feeling from a SFA perspective. How can guys like Harris and Bogues be even thought of as all-conference when SFA is so awful in the league?

If you don't think they're worthy of all-conference then you haven't followed SFA for the last two years.

Injuries, defections, and players kicked off of the team have left them with no supporting cast.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Terrible shots, terrible defense.

And Keller wastes another timeout with 51 seconds left in the half.
I can live without ever having to watch Fitz take another shot.
brlionfan44
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

How are they? Other players lift their teammates. So they deserve all-conference because their coach has surrounded them with awful players?
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

Yeah that question makes no sense. Individual awards don't really factor in the team accomplishments (or lack of).
Ljacks&Longnecks
I seldom go negative on us but I'm so ready for this season to end. It's time to hit the recruiting trail, see who stays or goes and damn well start preparing now for 19/20.
PurpleOut
Staff
brlionfan44 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

How are they? Other players lift their teammates. So they deserve all-conference because their coach has surrounded them with awful players?

You're not going to get any answers that you will like here it seems.
brlionfan44
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

If you don't think they're worthy of all-conference then you haven't followed SFA for the last two years.
you don't deserve all-conference for 2019 because of 2018 or 2017.
PurpleOut
Staff
brlionfan44 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

They are literally the top two scorers in the league. In 2019.
TallTexan
brlionfan44 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

No but you do for carrying your team & being the top two scorers in the league.
No-look
brlionfan44 said:

They are carrying the team. They have the numbers
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

Yeah that question makes no sense. Individual awards don't really factor in the team accomplishments (or lack of).
As we've seen multiple times when a three headed SFA team was denied POY honors because an opposing team had one superstar.
SFA Jack Fanatic
brlionfan44 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

brlionfan44 said:

So, the league should just ignore the two best offensive players in the conference because the team has been decimated by injuries and other lost players. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
MasterAxe
So, with the two best scorers in the league and an player (allegedly) good enough to play Power 5 hoops...we manage 24 in a half.

The epitome of "let's get this f-ing season over with."
RedRiverLa
brlionfan44 said:

Because all conference has nothing to do with team play and all to do with individual play. Really, this can't be a serious basketball question.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm sure brlion had a HUGE issue when the kid from HBU won FoY a few seasons ago. I mean....HBU was bad.
MasterAxe
Also, both Kevon and Shannon are top players in SLC.

But, I'd imagine only one will get 1st team.

I hate to kinda sorta agree with the SEla guy, but if we miss the tourney, that's gonna negatively influence voters for all-conference.
brlionfan44
I'm just saying they will "carry" their team to a possible 7-11 in the league and a 14-16 record. Lot of players in the Southland who have a better claim.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

I hate to kinda sorta agree with the SEla guy, but if we miss the tourney, that's gonna negatively influence voters for all-conference.

At this point, does it really matter. Talking all conference this year is like being overly excited the Browns finally have a quarterback. Honestly, I worry about the absolute destruction coming this Saturday of of a team that doesn't show up in the first half and is ready for the season to be over and finally really has nothing to play for. A weird year where we actually making the drive to primarily see the LadyJacks.
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
RedRiverLa said:

MasterAxe said:

At this point, does it really matter. Talking all conference this year is like being overly excited the Browns finally have a quarterback. Honestly, I worry about the absolute destruction coming this Saturday of of a team that doesn't show up in the first half and is ready for the season to be over and finally really has nothing to play for. A weird year where we actually making the drive to primarily see the LadyJacks.

Nailed it. You are so right.
RedRiverLa
Okay, thanks for your take on it...next.
Lumberjack Battalion
PurpleOut
Staff
brlionfan44 said:

I'm just saying they will "carry" their team to a possible 7-11 in the league and a 14-16 record. Lot of players in the Southland who have a better claim.

You still don't seem to understand what and what doesn't go in to All-Conference awards, but keep at it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Man, ACU attendance for this game is pitiful! That's the SLC for you.

Attendance at Katy is going to be terrible if the Jacks don't get in. Other schools have called Katy an SFA home game. Wonder what their excuses for losing will be this year?
nacluth
At least we can still give up the open three.
nacluth
Ricks cramped up.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Man, ACU attendance for this game is pitiful! That's the SLC for you.

Attendance at Katy is going to be terrible if the Jacks don't get in. Other schools have called Katy an SFA home game. Wonder what their excuses for losing will be this year?

You mean we're not all showing up to cheer for whoever has the best chance of beating Sam?
brlionfan44
PurpleOut said:

brlionfan44 said:

You still don't seem to understand what and what doesn't go in to All-Conference awards, but keep at it.
Has the conference ever had 2 players from a team who didn't make the conference tournament make the All-conference team?
TallTexan
brlionfan44 said:

PurpleOut said:

brlionfan44 said:

Has the conference ever had 2 players from a team who didn't make the conference tournament make the All-conference team?
Has the league ever had the two best players on a non tourney team?
nacluth
Got to sustain the push. First four minutes very good besides the three open threes given up. We haven't played like we wanted it in the second since the last time we played ACU. Got to get it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hey, Mr. Lion, can you give me the website address of the SELA fan forum? Thanks.
Jacks4460
brlionfan44 said:

PurpleOut said:

brlionfan44 said:

Who frigging cares dude.. Never see you post and now you are posting because we are having a ****ty year.. Just stop ..
sfa17
lets go jacks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.