SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

35,586 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nacluth
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (14-14, 7-9) vs. Abilene Christian (23-6, 12-4)

WHEN: MAR. 5 (TUE) 7:00 P.M.
WHERE: Moody Coliseum (Abilene, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

Tonight the Lumberjacks try yet again to stave off elimination from the field that goes to Katy. Their last three efforts have come up for nought, but some cohesive team play against Lamar on Saturday has given the most diehard fans a glimmer of hope. ACU was bested in Nacogdoches earlier in the year after a last minute meltdown that saw SFA finish a double digit comeback with seconds to spare. The last game of a long road trip, ACU is the heavy favorite on their home court. Having lost two key players in the last month, ACU has found ways to continue to win and keep hold of the second seed in Katy. To keep the double bye in their first appearance in the SLC tourney, they need to hold off the desperate Jacks.

SFA fans know that what's left of pride for this season pretty much comes down to this game. A loss tonight means about a 10% chance that SFA advances; whereas a win tonight ups their odds to about 60%. Playing a night before the rest of the field due to some scheduling conflicts at ACU, everyone will know exactly what to play for tomorrow. It's pull out all the stops time for the seniors' final games. Hopefully they will overcome the hurdle tonight.

Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Game day!!!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Ya what's up with the Tuesday night game?
No-look
Works out good for me. I will be traveling to San Antonio tomorrow night. Get this win and knock off Sam at home!!!
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

I mean, does it matter? The past two months, any day that ended it Y we have looked awful on.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

I mean, does it matter? The past two months, any day that ended it Y we have looked awful on.

I just want our regular games to be on Tuesdays, so wanted to know how they pulled it off.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Days that end in Y you say?

Well, let's officially switch to Spanish day names. We're undefeated on martes y miercoles.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

I just want our regular games to be on Tuesdays, so wanted to know how they pulled it off.
The SLC sets the day. The host school sets the time. FWIW, our AD is not a fan of Wednesday games. It is on his list.
TallTexan
I honestly figured ACU would have more fans in the stands.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

The SLC sets the day. The host school sets the time. FWIW, our AD is not a fan of Wednesday games. It is on his list.
I'd love to see it changed. However, our current conference admin is asleep at the well.
TallTexan
Bostic coaches for ACU?
PurpleOut
Staff
I still have questions on how Keller uses timeouts.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Bostic coaches for ACU?

Been there a few years.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Did he say Kevon Fitzgerald?
nacluth
Already butchering names. Not calling fouls so far.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Secret weapon we unveiled.
CertifiedAxeman98
The season is all but gone and we should start looking at 19/20 and that means you need to get your freshman some time on the court. I like that walker is getting good minutes minutes on the court. I want to see our best shot blocker and our freshman big man who can rebound on the floor more than 9 minutes tonight. While I was not able to watch the Lamar game so I can't see what happened (stats are not everything), you can't tell me that playing a guy that is 7 foot and grabs ZERO rebounds, picks up 4 fouls and only 2 points is a better option. Anyone know why Mitch sat for the first half of the game on Saturday? He grabbed 4 balls in 8 minutes of play.

Was Hughes suited up for the Lamar game? When do we see him back in a game?

Your season is basically over you need to get your freshman some playing time to learn. And for once can we defend the 3 and not let guys shoot it like they are shooting in warm-ups. We need guards next year to defend on the perimeter playing big men on guards doesn't work and quit all the help defense leaving guys wide open. The games I did see this year it was obvious what you could do to SFA. Drive kick out for an open 3 or backdoor cut.
KirkHeath12
Jovan can not block out I guess
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
Oh Jovan.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

The season is all but gone and we should start looking at 19/20 and that means you need to get your freshman some time on the court. I like that walker is getting good minutes minutes on the court. I want to see our best shot blocker and our freshman big man who can rebound on the floor more than 9 minutes tonight. While I was not able to watch the Lamar game so I can't see what happened (stats are not everything), you can't tell me that playing a guy that is 7 foot and grabs ZERO rebounds, picks up 4 fouls and only 2 points is a better option. Anyone know why Mitch sat for the first half of the game on Saturday? He grabbed 4 balls in 8 minutes of play.

Was Hughes suited up for the Lamar game? When do we see him back in a game?

Your season is basically over you need to get your freshman some playing time to learn. And for once can we defend the 3 and not let guys shoot it like they are shooting in warm-ups. We need guards next year to defend on the perimeter playing big men on guards doesn't work and quit all the help defense leaving guys wide open. The games I did see this year it was obvious what you could do to SFA. Drive kick out for an open 3 or backdoor cut.

Jock was suited up. Jovan had probably his best game of the year. Don't know why Mitch didn't play more.
nacluth
Jovan has the only assist. Just saying. Distribution is not our strong point.
Pilotgirl
Jovan and Walker both played well last week.
SFA Jack Fanatic
These announcers have no clue about SFA's team. They're just making stuff up based on our team history.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sammie setting picks and doing nothing else. Some things never change.
TallTexan
These refs suck. Absolutely suck.
SFA Jack Fanatic
So many of our players don't even think about shooting the ball. No wonder other teams can concentrate on the ones that do.
TallTexan
Harris with 12,075 points in less than 3 season is pretty impressive.
nacluth
Rough going.
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hahahahaha he sure did..
PurpleOut
Staff
Struggle bus
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Harris with 12,075 points in less than 3 season is pretty impressive.
Wow! Who knew??
No-look
Dang, we need some guards.
KirkHeath12
I like the Masters commercial at least
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

These announcers have no clue about SFA's team. They're just making stuff up based on our team history.

No doubt AA was kicked off team.. Announcer said he was out because he was hurt..
brlionfan44
Just curious the feeling from a SFA perspective. How can guys like Harris and Bogues be even thought of as all-conference when SFA is so awful in the league?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.