SFA / Northwestern State (2)

33,435 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by No-look
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cboothe09 said:

There are a few things where you can hold question marks to this coaching staff. Identifying and recruiting talent is not one of them. I have faith they will round out a very solid class before next season...

Then development seems to be an issue.

It's like owning a Ferrari and only driving 55.

TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

cboothe09 said:

There are a few things where you can hold question marks to this coaching staff. Identifying and recruiting talent is not one of them. I have faith they will round out a very solid class before next season...

Then development seems to be an issue.

It's like owning a Ferrari and only driving 55.

I see depth as more of our issue. Take a look at what we expected to start the season with. Augustin, Bogues, Harris, & TJ.

That's 4 all-conference guys, the oldest of which was a JUCO transfer when Keller & Co got ahold of him. Other's were Sophomores/Freshmen. And TJ, Kevon, & Shannon might be all timers for our program.

On the other end, we've seen Mitch & Oddyst play better every game. Bain has taken good strides this year on Defense.

We've got question marks on actual improvement on Sammi, John, Gru, Fitz, & Jock. Fitz was a grad transfer, so harder for him to take steps forward. With Sammi, John, & Jock, injuries have gotten in the way of a true evaluation of career improvements so far. Gru, IMO, is what he is. A good team guy.

Lack of depth is hurting this team pretty badly right now. Two all-conference guys are unavailable/gone. Missing a true PG.

We need to do a better job of deploying the talent we have, but hard to lose that much talent, especially when it includes your lane defender and your best PG.
No-look
Where would Southeastern be this year without Veal and Greenwood? Supposed that they were injured at first of the season and their back up post was cut and another was playing with injuries. And their backup point guard missed half of the season? To me this puts our season in perspective.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.