SFA / Northwestern State (2)

33,598 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by No-look
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Mitch really appears to be coming on the last couple of games. Very happy with his play today......otherwise disgusted that we are losing to this subpar NW team again
They swept us, if they're subpar (which I agree) what are we? I felt this was a crucial swing game to the rest of our season. We're not good, we don't have a ending season run in us, but we're trying, sort of. Sorry, I don't think we are a tourney team.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Don't understand how we looked good in the 1st half with hustle and fire and come out and get blown away in the 2nd half. As Purple said...CURSE WORDS and beyond disappointing
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I don't know where that first half went. Some of the best team play, but second half just saw no chemistry. This team got me up and down.

We stopped containing Lane for one short run and lost control of it.
MasterAxe
I picked NWSt...

Becoming more of a realistic possibility we miss the SLC tourney. Especially if Lamar beats Sam today.
TallTexan
Silver lining:

Our two freshman showed up today. Proud of them for that.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

I picked NWSt...

Becoming more of a realistic possibility we miss the SLC tourney. Especially if Lamar beats Sam today.
So did I, but only by 6 - guess I was being optimistic
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Fitz: 8 minutes, 2 points, 1-6 shooting, 0-2 free throws, 0 rebounds

Jovan: 7 minutes, 2 points, 1-1 shooting, 0-1 free throws, 0 rebounds, 1 block.

Jovan outplayed Fitz and that is not good.
Jacks4460
I have come to the conclusion that we are just not a good team.. It's ok because we have been spoiled... I have a feeling coach Keller will have a whole new team..I have also said the kids are ready for the season to be over and it's games like this where I believe it..
RedRiverLa
Oh well. Ladyjacks!!
Lumberjack Battalion
Jacks4460
RedRiverLa said:

MasterAxe said:

I picked NWSt...

So did I, but only by 6 - guess I was being optimistic

I did too
Ljacks&Longnecks
Personally I believe that Mitch, Walker and Jock should see a huge amount of playing time the rest of the season.
They are part of the future and right now the future is about all we have to go on , so let the young guys get loads of experience...it will pay off in the next 3 years.
MasterAxe
Three of our last four games we have lost by 15 or more.

That, my friends, is a massive "downward spiral."

Part of me hopes we just miss the SLC tourney as to avoid the embarrassment of being routed in the opening game.

BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Personally I believe that Mitch, Walker and Jock should see a huge amount of playing time the rest of the season.
They are part of the future and right now the future is about all we have to go on , so let the young guys get loads of experience...it will pay off in the next 3 years.

Agreed and getting beat by an awful NW St team is just well......... awful. I mean we don't have any hope of anything other than limping into the SLC tournament and hoping to win a game.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
RedRiverLa
Jacks4460 said:

I have come to the conclusion that we are just not a good team.. It's ok because we have been spoiled... I have a feeling coach Keller will have a whole new team..I have also said the kids are ready for the season to be over and it's games like this where I believe it..
Yep, I agree we will see some good additions and some mature sophomores who became seasoned playing as freshmen. it's just one of those seasons that comes out of nowhere. IMHO, the program is still one of the best, and I think next year will prove it when we get back on top. It's not what we want, but we will hopefully be above .500 at the end of the season, and if that's 'hitting rock bottom', it won't take much to get back. Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Lumberjack Battalion
No-look
Probably my fault. I hurried home to catch second half. Paid the subscription to ESPN plus. Tuned in and we were up 3. Things went south. Lol

We didn't play that bad, NWS probably played their best game of the year. They had four players in double figures. Lane is a beast and we had no answer for him today. Our freshmen showed up today and getting some valuable experience. Mitch left it all on the court. Any loss is disappointing but it is what it is...get ready for the next one.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

Part of me hopes we just miss the SLC tourney as to avoid the embarrassment of being routed in the opening game.

I'm in agreement in general. Just hoping we finish above 500. I'll say this and get spit on and have tomatoes thrown at me but Keller is not a good X's and O's Guy period. His recruiting needs to adapt to our school/program culture.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I'm in agreement in general. Jusy hoping we finish above 500. I'll say and get spit on and have tomatoes thrown at me but Keller is not a good X's and O's Guy period. His recruiting needs to adapt to our school/program culture.

I agree but all the recruiting is done by Mason and Cox.. So Keller really doesn't recruit either..Atleast not as hard as the other two coaches I mentioned.. How long of a deal did Keller sign?
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I'm in agreement in general. Jusy hoping we finish above 500. I'll say and get spit on and have tomatoes thrown at me but Keller is not a good X's and O's Guy period. His recruiting needs to adapt to our school/program culture.
I hear you, it's frustrating. But there are no X's and O's adjustments for missed free throws, being outrebounded when you have 2 guys in perfect position, and missed layups. His X's and O's were pretty good against LSU, LaTech, Missouri, SELA and TX Tech last year.
Lumberjack Battalion
MileHiJack
All of this is so tough to watch right now...certainly some younger talent starting to develop. Let's hope we can squeak into the SLC tournament and make some noise and take it from there. This is just not our standard season. Time to reset and gain some experience! I feel bad for Bogus thou...
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I hear you, it's frustrating. But there are no X's and O's adjustments for missed free throws, being outrebounded when you have 2 guys in perfect position, and missed layups. His X's and O's were pretty good against LSU, LaTech, Missouri, SELA and TX Tech last year.

I'll give you some of that but what I think had us going last year was momentum from 2014-2017. Canette gave us some swagger. Right now we are just a bunch of middle weights trying to find a way to end the fight by punching the kidneys. We've been exposed and I don't believe next year will be a whole lot better. You can see the problems go deep.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think we finish at 8-10 (which means we'd have to win on the road at UCA) at best.

Last year there was a 3-way tie for 8th place with teams that were 8-10.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I'll give you some of that but what I think had us going last year was momentum from 2014-2017. Canette gave us some swagger. Right now we are just a bunch of middle weights trying to find a way to end the fight by punching the kidneys. We've been exposed and I don't believe next year will be a whole lot better. You can see the problems go deep.

I am told it won't get better next year and yes problems are way deeper than anyone on this forum is aware of..I hated hearing that..
RedRiverLa
Yes, I'm with you on that - Canete and Gilmore were big keys to me - I think this season shows how special they were.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I am told it won't get better next year and yes problems are way deeper than anyone on this forum is aware of..I hated hearing that..
I keep seeing random statements about hearing or being told that the problems are way deeper than anyone knows - but I also heard inside sources who told someone who then told someone else that it was 100% confirmed that Mitch had left the program a couple of months ago - so I can see problems this year in relation to on the floor, but as to the depth of the problems within the program, I'm skeptical on hearsay. Would be a shame if that's the case one-year after a championship.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

The problems are multiple: 1) The exodus of young players means we will have to rely on jucos recruits for a couple of positions. 2). Other than Kevon I don't think we have a game changer coming back. 3) Any momentum we had as a program will come to a screeching halt if we don't have a mini run here. 4) I'm concerned the current players are frustrated and we will have some additional turnover. 5) Some of the players coming in have similar profiles to the defectors. That raises the question of continued instability.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

I think we finish at 8-10 (which means we'd have to win on the road at UCA) at best.

Last year there was a 3-way tie for 8th place with teams that were 8-10.

That's a fact. I think we beat UIW, A&M CC and maybe maybe UCA. That gets us to 16-14. 8-10 as Purple noted. Not a good look for supposedly the Kentucky of the Southland.
sfa17
Unfortunately it won't be our last loss this season either. I just want to fast forward to April at this point.
No-look
Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

LThree of our last four games we have lost by 15 or more.

I'm sorry, but it's post like this that breeds negativity to the program. Recruits and their parents probably read the forum. I'm as disappointed as anyone but the current circumstances of the team is not who we are. We will be back. I'm hanging in this year until they say we can't play anymore.
Pilotgirl
Sheesh! Already complaining/writing off NEXT season...mmmm ok. At least the majority of SFA fans are supportive, so GO JACKS AND LADYJACKS!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Prison Tech didn't do us any favors, losing to Lamar 75-72.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Sheesh! Already complaining/writing off NEXT season...mmmm ok. At least the majority of SFA fans are supportive, so GO JACKS AND LADYJACKS!!!

Amen, Pilot!
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I'm sorry, but it's post like this that breeds negativity to the program. Recruits and their parents probably read the forum. I'm as disappointed as anyone but the current circumstances of the team is not who we are. We will be back. I'm hanging in this year until they say we can't play anymore.

Don't apologize...you are right. That first half was promising...couldn't keep the momentum, which sums up this season. If we could play like that entire game, we win.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

We are ALL passionate fans. Otherwise we wouldn't be on here. We will have to agree to disagree. I haven't completely given up on Keller. That being said he's got his work cut out for him next year unless he snags a Juco Pount Guard gem and TJ comes back. Kevon can't do it alone. I hope Mitch comes back and matures. Should be an all-conference guy next year if he comes back but recent trends have me feeling glass half empty. Kevon AND TJ could do it alone in a Danny type system but not in Keller's. He relies to much on individual match-ups to go positive for us and doesn't make adjustments as quickly as you would think , being in his third year. We COULD have a very successful year next year with just two marquee players returning but we would have to see much better ball distribution. More consistent play at the 4/5 hybrid we are playing now. Keller can do it I'm just not sure he will.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

RedRiverLa said:

BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

We are ALL passionate fans. Otherwise we wouldn't be on here. We will have to agree to disagree. I haven't completely given up on Keller. That being said he's got his work cut out for him next year unless he snags a Juco Pount Guard gem and TJ comes back. Kevon can't do it alone. I hope Mitch comes back and matures. Should be an all-conference guy next year if he comes back but recent trends have me feeling glass half empty. Kevon AND TJ could do it alone in a Danny type system but not in Keller's. He relies to much on individual match-ups to go positive for us and doesn't make adjustments as quickly as you would think , being in his third year. We COULD have a very successful year next year with jusy two marquee players returning but we would have to see much better ball distribution. More consistent play at the 4/5 hybrid we are playing now. Keller can do it I'm just not sure he will.

I feel the same...It is what it is..
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Prison Tech didn't do us any favors, losing to Lamar 75-72.

Can't count on a Bearkat for anything! I actually dislike Lamar wayyy more than Sam.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.