SFA / Houston Baptist

24,739 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RedRiverLa
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfa17 said:

There is no way HBU basketball ever improves with a gym like that.

You should be playing NAIA with a gym like that.
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

That is a horrible excuse for a college basketball gymnasium... The higher ups in that university should be embarassed...

Agreed and the Southland should be embarrassed that they were invited.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Jacks4460 said:

That is a horrible excuse for a college basketball gymnasium... The higher ups in that university should be embarassed...

It should of been part of them getting the invite.. I would really be embarrassed if I was a HBU alum.. My goodness..
HJC69
Been to most of the SFA games played there. Don't think there is a Junior College gym in the state that bad!
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

Jacks4460 said:

It should of been part of them getting the invite.. I would really be embarrassed if I was a HBU alum.. My goodness..

I lived a few blocks from HBU from 1985-1990. Got my MBA there. I used to attend games when HBU was a part of the old Transamerica Conference. A big game had less than 200 people then. I don't think there's 1000 alums that give a crap about HBU athletics. I mean that.

I also agree with an earlier post that said building some new facilities should have been part of the deal.
TallTexan
Big Jack, weren't you working on a conference realignment article?
CertifiedAxeman98
TallTexan said:

Big Jack, weren't you working on a conference realignment article?
If someone does an article, here are a few of my questions:

What conferences should SFA target for the next realignment?

Do we go on our own or try and go with someone like SAM?

How soon does Ivey need to get a committee together to explore options?

Should we move up to FBS or stay FCS?

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division%20I%20Forms/2010-11%20FBS%20Forms/Football%20Bowl%20Subqa%2012%208%2010.pdf
BigJack85
I am. I'll try and finish it this weekend. I've changed pieces of it 6-7 times.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

I cant wait to read it..
PurpleOut
Staff
There might be an old thread, but if not let's start a separate thread for the realignment topic in the Southland forum.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Cool, can't wait to see it. Be sure to start a thread with it, that'll get a lot of discussion.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Just got home from the game and reading through the comments here. Looks like the "always negative" guys were always negative again through most of the game until late in the second half, then went silent toward the end.for some strange reason.

HBU has some really good players, guys. If you weren't there, it may not have been obvious to you. There's a reason why they've played virtually everyone in the conference really close. Their fast break was very good -- their guys have more speed that our guys and they handle the ball well on the break. And their center is a mountain of a man and hard to handle in the lane. When Mitch was guarding him it almost wasn't fair. He had about 40 pounds on Mitch.

The Jacks won for one reason -- HEART. The Jacks don't have much depth and other than Kevon and Shannon don't have great shooters, but they NEVER give up Those that tuned out early need to remember that going forward.

Bring on Lamar!
I guess this is a subtle shot at me (and others). At the point I was negative, we were down 12 to a team that. I believe, we have no business being down to.

Glad I was wrong, but plenty of us where "negative" when we were getting our asses kicked.

Negativity, as long as it isn't mean, comes from passion and frustration. I have no problem with your passion. I'm right there with you in frustration, and in game posts dont bother me because we're all 100% Jacks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.