SFA / New Orleans

29,104 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CertifiedAxeman98
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I've never seen such a talented team be such s h i t in one of the worst leagues around. We can barely score 60 points. Unbelievable.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Good one 03.

Looks like I might be kinda lonely at the UIW game on Saturday....but I will be there.
No-look
SFA_03 said:

It's okay guys, only 7 more months til SFA football returns.
Don't throw the F word out there right now. I'm trying to recover here!
BigJack85
Not ready for a beat down from Sammie in football especially if we get blown out by them in hoops.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
MasterAxe
PurpleOut said:

I've never seen such a talented team be such s h i t in one of the worst leagues around. We can barely score 60 points. Unbelievable.

People keep saying "talented."

Not from what I see.

We can't score from deep. Can't score from close. Can't score from free throw line. Can't rebound. Can't not foul.

Doesn't sound talented to me.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Then on the SFA athletics site the headline is " Harris gets double double and Bogues scores 20....?!?
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I'm at an absolute loss. Where the heck is the team who held its own against Bama. That beat Baylor?
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

Not from what I see.

We can't score from deep. Can't score from close. Can't score from free throw line. Can't rebound. Can't not foul.

They don't have any grit either
sfa17
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I'm at an absolute loss. Where the heck is the team who held its own against Bama. That beat Baylor?
its the same team but we just had a good day. This is our average level. Same team that almost lost to d2 team and got destroyed by MIami. I dont even want to thing about UIW
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

Not from what I see.

I understand your point, but just because they are playing like crap doesn't mean they aren't talented. Ask any of the coaches around the conference/nation that knows these kids and they'll say the same thing.
BigJack85
I think I agree. They just ddon't not have an "extra gear". The best we can expect is 3rd gear. Maybe 4th gear on a good night.
No-look
Seems that we can never a complete team on the floor. No Aaron, no Karl, no Mitch. Not to mention Holyfield.
sfa17
No-look said:

Seems that we can never a complete team on the floor. No Aaron, no Karl, no Mitch. Not to mention Holyfield.
we still shouldnt be 1-3. This the southland. number 30 something out of 32 conferences. Holyfield is good but he isnt Lebron
MasterAxe
PurpleOut said:

MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

Not from what I see.

I understand your point, but just because they are playing like crap doesn't mean they aren't talented. Ask any of the coaches around the conference/nation that knows these kids and they'll say the same thing.

If we have talented players, that apparently all these coaches and others know about, then what's the issue? Seems like would fall at the feet of the coaches.

We like to boast about Mitch being "highest star recruit," barely touches the floor. If, at all.

Maybe he was in trouble.

But, if the goal is to win...explain that one.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

Not from what I see.

There talented ... you can see it. But they don't have the precision offensively as the did under Brad. Brad new how to build a rotation that created mismatches. I haven't seen us take advantage of any particular lineup.
SFASawmillGuy
They're athletic.
sfa17
oh underwood days, how i miss thy...
MasterAxe
PurpleOut said:

MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

Not from what I see.

Dont confuse "athletic" for "talented."

Can we jump high? Yes
Can we run fast? Yes
Can we dunk? Yes

Can we do fundamental basketball? Not so much
Can we shoot free throws? No
Can we rebound? No

Athletic does not equal talented.
AxeEm99
Brad also new how to full court press the entire game. Defense wins games! Maybe we should go back to that...
RedRiverLa
It's a year of the perfect storm. Injury, sickness, unsure lineups, playing out of position, bench absent, no consistency due to new names being thrown in too early out of desperation, and I could go on and on. No excuses, just fact that those needed to step up haven't. I feel bad for Shannon, his effort is incredible and he deserves a better senior year. At the end of the NSU game, he was the only one crouched down on the floor in exhausted disbelief. I'm not giving up, , but I think the reality is that this is going to be the year that we have. We're the 'Kentucky of the SLC', but people forget Kentucky had some pretty sucky years between their championships. So maybe that designation is truer than anyone imagined.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
sfa17 said:

Illinois and the fandom would love to give him back to us.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
I sounded like an alarmist in 2016-17. Last year he restores my faith but when we had to catch a break to beat SWAG or whatever university I knew we had some challenges. This is really looking like a crap ball team in a crap ball league.

We looked good for moments against Alabama. I think we just got lucky against Baylor. The rest has been worse than lackluster.
sfa17
RedRiverLa said:

sfa17 said:

Illinois was a mess before he got there. Took OKstate to tourney and lost to Michigan by 1 point
HJC69
We may have some disruptive players.
TallTexan
I'm not giving up on our guys. I'll still be at games and cheering every chance I get.

But man, I hate losing more than a Bearkat grad hates conjugal visit weekend getting canceled.
BigJack85
sfa17 said:

RedRiverLa said:

sfa17 said:

Illinois was a mess before he got there. Took OKstate to tourney and lost to Michigan by 1 point

If things don't work out in Illinois I'd take him back.
RedRiverLa
sfa17 said:

RedRiverLa said:

sfa17 said:

Not really. Illinois was a 20 win team the season before he got there and made NCAA tourney 12 of the last 18 years. He finished 11th in the conference last year and is in last place now. I'm a big Underwood fan as well as an Illinois fan, and I miss the Underrwood days too. I'm just saying fandoms can overreact.
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
ALL CAPS!

I AM REMAINING POSITIVE!
BigJack85
I'm not giving just resetting already low expectations....... LOL.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

ALL CAPS!

I AM REMAINING POSITIVE!

I think it's time we all consider that MasterAxe may have been abducted by aliens and replaced with a lookalike grown in a lab.

I'd organize a rescue mission, but we'd fall just short at the end.
BigJack85
Master. Keep that positive vibe.
nacluth
Well just got back. Maybe I should have stayed gone looks like. Didn't get to see or hear the game just read the thread, but I guess I'm left with the same questions everyone else has. Where is this team?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Well just got back. Maybe I should have stayed gone looks like. Didn't get to see or hear the game just read the thread, but I guess I'm left with the same questions everyone else has. Where is this team?

You need to see the first 10 minutes of play.
SFA_95
Realistically speaking . What can we expect our record to be?
TallTexan

Gru. Fan favorite. Team leader.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.