Alabama Game

50,635 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Another note, it really irks me of how many people didn't wear the white shirts. I know they won't be able to fit everyone, but there were SO many people that refused to bother. We went to a lot of trouble to make that happen, including people like myself that helped pay for it. We've never had the most knowledgeable fan base, and we're getting better overall, but it was really disappointing to me. I don't expect everyone to have that opinion, just venting.
TallTexan

Some props from a Bama Sports Network Analyst.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Another note, it really irks me of how many people didn't wear the white shirts. I know they won't be able to fit everyone, but there were SO many people that refused to bother. We went to a lot of trouble to make that happen, including people like myself that helped pay for it. We've never had the most knowledgeable fan base, and we're getting better overall, but it was really disappointing to me. I don't expect everyone to have that opinion, just venting.
Ya, that was a bit annoying to watch people not bother. We definitely took a step forward as a fanbase tonight, but have work yet to do.

On the other hand, I snagged two extras when the guy in front of me didn't take them with him. Going to give them to a coworker's kids(they'll be gigantic on them) along with a set of thunder sticks. Said coworker is from Indiana and absolutely refuses to buy her kids UT or A&M gear but told them they could support other Texas schools, so gonna try to get them hooked on SFA basketball early.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

And why couldn't the band put on white shirts?
RedRiverLa
PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

I do have a different take. A 'white out' or 'purple out' has Never worked at SFA. Tonight was the closest I've ever seen it come to working. I think, subtly, dressing for wet and cold makes it harder for some of the older crowd to want to do a wardrobe change at the game. But still, If you look at the wide shots, it's about 1/3 white shirts, maybe a little more. I saw a lot in my section wearing them. And, you'll see them as walking billboards around the community in months to come. So I appreciate your effort and expense.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
I think it was pretty good, actually (shirts). Was watching on tv when i got home & the white translated. Also, take into account those who the shirt would not fit (me) and the overall effect was achieved! Of course, I made sure to have a sparkling new white one today since my only other white shirt is from 2016 w/stains bc WHITE SHIRTS ARE THE WORST. But i know we did it for the camera.
Pilotgirl
Anybody know before about John coming back?? Or did they keep that super secret to get us more hyped at game? Bc it worked! So glad he was awarded player of the game.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

I do have a different take. A 'white out' or 'purple out' has Never worked at SFA. Tonight was the closest I've ever seen it come to working. I think, subtly, dressing for wet and cold makes it harder for some of the older crowd to want to do a wardrobe change at the game. But still, If you look at the wide shots, it's about 1/3 white shirts, maybe a little more. I saw a lot in my section wearing them. And, you'll see them as walking billboards around the community in months to come. So I appreciate your effort and expense.

That's a good point, they'll definitely get some wear over the next several months around Nac.

And I will say. It did look pretty cool with the fans who had them on!
Ballwatch
PurpleOut said:

Wife and kids were hoping to grab shirts and thought the staff would be handing out shirts as the first 5000 ppl entered the doors as I've seen happen at major league games. Needless to say there weren't many shirts on seats in the section we sat in

Forgot to add, appreciate you and others making it happen, looked good on the TV replay!
TallTexan
The bandwagon cam last night was a nice touch. I was cracking up.
TheRevSFA
Yesterday was amazing. Props to everyone who made it happen.

I hope they let us tailgate the Sam game (looks like it will happen) and if so, we need to get everyone to come.

On an unrelated note, I still haven't warmed up from yesterday....
sfa17
John probably had his best game at sfa. Never really been a offensive threat before this game. I hope he keeps it up. I don't like losing but I am actual less sad than I thought I would be bc it was a huge opportunity and we did good. The crowd, fans and athletic department did a great job.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah also, should have the fan fest later in the season.
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

Definitely - with a weather contingency plan.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

PurpleOut said:

Definitely - with a weather contingency plan.

In a few years, the weather contingency plan can be the practice gym.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.