Alabama Game

50,829 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Soccer coach getting in the game.

Wally is rocking in it!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
Wonder how many Bama fans that live in a hundred mile radius will make the trip? Went to Aggie land to watch them play Kentucky. Almost as many Kentucky fans as Aggie fans....but that's Kentucky. Now if it was football?????
TallTexan
No-look said:

Wonder how many Bama fans that live in a hundred mile radius will make the trip? Went to Aggie land to watch them play Kentucky. Almost as many Kentucky fans as Aggie fans....but that's Kentucky. Now if it was football?????

Do Bama fans even know they have a basketball team?
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think it'll be that bad. They don't show up that great for basketball. And, the majority of those that can afford to travel will be at the Orange Bowl the night before.

I do figure some alums living in Texas will make the trip. There's a lot here in Dallas.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm mostly curious how ticket sales are going, mainly how many GA tickets have been purchased. There's still a pretty good amount of reserved seats in the upper corners.

We're not much of a "sell out in advance" group, so hoping we have a good walk up crowd.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I'm mostly curious how ticket sales are going, mainly how many GA tickets have been purchased. There's still a pretty good amount of reserved seats in the upper corners.

We're not much of a "sell out in advance" group, so hoping we have a good walk up crowd.
Yep me too. And hopefully most of those who buys tickets show.

Hoping that with the tailgating & big crowd that we can get that place rocking for tipoff.
BigJack85
My guess on the number of Alabama fans that we entertain is, no more than 200-300 Probably closer to 200. Combine that with close to 4000 rabid Lumberjack fans and you've got a pretty good crowd. If we get 5000 I will be pleasantly surprised.
Pilotgirl
Just got another family to attend (my future boss) so that's 8 people for me! (All bought tickets). Hoping to find some more peeps, especially with V's 2 guests for free!
PurpleOut
Staff
KTRE will have a story on the news tomorrow I think. I've reached out to a few local Nac twitter accounts tonight, we need to figure out how to get more locals to the game.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

KTRE will have a story on the news tomorrow I think. I've reached out to a few local Nac twitter accounts tonight, we need to figure out how to get more locals to the game.

Awesome. Wonder if we could get it on Tyler news too. Lots of Jacks there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Awesome. Wonder if we could get it on Tyler news too. Lots of Jacks there.
The Lufkin ABC station is in cahoots with the Tyler ABC station and shares news stories, so it'll probably happen.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Alabama beat Penn State 73-64 last night in their last game before coming to Nac to face the Jacks. It was their third straight win and are now 8-3 on the year.
Pilotgirl
WE WANT 'BAMA !!!
sfa17
we can could get 2 possible top 50-100 wins this season. Baylor beat Oregon a few days ago. Then we hope and pray that Baylor and Alabama have a decent season
nacluth
Sitting at 3-4 in D1 play, a big win at home to get to 4-4 would help before conference.
BigJack85
Agreed on the momentum comments. That win against Baylor was big. Back it up with a win against Bama and we might have some mojo going into conference. I think it will take 16-2 in conference to win an outright title. I don't know if that's (16-2) doable until we get to full strength. I would not be surprised to see us lose an unexpected game early in the conference. I think Abilene and Lamar will be challenging. The rest of the schedule is workable.
PurpleOut
Staff
Tickets are 25% off today.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Tickets are 25% off today.
Awesome!
jboy93
MY family planned our Christmas for NEXT Sunday!!!! What the crap??? How can I stay married and not be the family outcast and still be at the game? Sadly it's looking like I will have to resort to having it on every tv in the house...a total of 4!!!
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

MY family planned our Christmas for NEXT Sunday!!!! What the crap??? How can I stay married and not be the family outcast and still be at the game? Sadly it's looking like I will have to resort to having it on every tv in the house...a total of 4!!!

No way. They're out.

That sucks man.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Well it's looking like you've only got one option really...

We'll need to put you in witness protection. New identity, new job, new family.
SFAJack_76
Already mentioned, but :

TallTexan
All I want for Christmas, is two P5 wins.
No-look
TallTexan said:

All I want for Christmas, is two P5 wins.
And a trip to the Big Dance!
nacluth
Merry Christmas! Mine started well with a sweet new hoodie.

TallTexan
nacluth said:

Merry Christmas! Mine started well with a sweet new hoodie.

That is slick.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Getting geared up there Ryan!

Speaking of gearing up, I'm feeling it as Alabama weekend closes in....but the weather is not looking great, cold and wet appears to be the forecast. Doesn't affect indoor activities but would hate to see all the outdoor plans get washed out now that SFA has put in all this effort to draw in fans. We will see.
BigJack85
Nice..........
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Getting geared up there Ryan!

Speaking of gearing up, I'm feeling it as Alabama weekend closes in....but the weather is not looking great, cold and wet appears to be the forecast. Doesn't affect indoor activities but would hate to see all the outdoor plans get washed out now that SFA has put in all this effort to draw in fans. We will see.

Hoping the rain holds off.
SFASawmillGuy
One of my really good friends, who has absolutely no ties to SFA other than knowing me and has only lived in Texas for the past few years is one of the biggest SFA fans I've ever met. When I met him and he found out I went to SFA, he told me that he's been a massive SFA basketball fan since the Danny Kasper years, saying he just loved how aggressive SFA played all the time and that it was gritty, hard nosed basketball. He'd never been to an SFA game in person but he kept up with SFA very closely.

He was a massive Texas Longhorns fan in everything else. He never missed a UT football game in Austin or missed UT in any other sport, but in basketball, he was all about the Jacks. Dude had more SFA basketball shirts than I do. So for his birthday(actually 2 weeks ago), I surprised him and told him I was gonna take him to Nac to watch the Jacks take on the Crimson Tide. Dude was super excited and couldn't wait.

Last week he lost his long battle with depression, and unfortunately won't be able to make the trip with me. But now this game means a lot more to me. So I can't wait to be in the stands, cheering my ass off, watching our Jacks send the Crimson Tide home sad, and watching our Jacks march into conference play with a new head of steam and confidence that can only be found taking down an SEC opponent.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well 03, condolences on the loss of your friend and fellow fan. Depression is more than an unkind condition as you know. Sorry he won't be there in person but surely in your spirit, he will be right with you.
djsfw57
So sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sad that he felt such turmoil. I hope he has found peace.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Sorry to hear that 03. Losing a good friend is tough. We'll be praying for both of your families.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.