Alabama Game

50,683 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just thought this game needed/deserved its own thread to discuss stats on Bama's players, ticket info, ideas on filling seats, etc. I got 2 families to commit to buying tickets this week, so that was a win for me!

I've also been peeping Bama's message boards to see their response to this pairing and its been surprisingly positive/respectful and they recognize us as a solid team. Some were like WHY IT'S GONNA BE A BEATING. lol Such a nice change of pace than some other teams we have played.
sfa17
U have a link to their forum section about our game?
Pilotgirl
Actually, I had to search like crazy! I found a thread on reddit and one on SECrant that I will post here in a sec...there are a lot of Bama message boards but they aren't very active right now (and prob more for football).
Pilotgirl
Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/91sj8g/alabama_coming_to_stephen_f_austin_on_december_30/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

Sec rant: (go to about page 341)
https://www.secrant.com/rant/alabama-sports/alabama-basketball-recruiting-and-offseason-talk/69182091/page-342/

I also read some articles and stuff with comments. Honestly haven't ready any "who?" comments. 'Bout time.
BigJack85
Good posts Pilot. Your becoming a real "player" on The Sawmill!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
This game is getting better and better

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Pilotgirl
Ohhhh... **runs to Twitter**
PurpleOut
Staff
Bama got a 4-star SG today, who will reclassify for the 2018 class and play this year. Tough game just got really tough.
Pilotgirl
Alright, PurpleOut, I'm recruiting local (45 min to 1 hr away) alumni to the game. Lots do not know about it and as soon as I tell them, they get excited and want to know more. Right now, they don't want to buy season tickets (come on best deal!) so I'm hoping that 3 game purchase is on the way soon.

I truly believe the way we get behind our guys now and make this a huge event is to market to alumni & family (if they aren't going to try to bus students in...which why not?!) They need to do it soon (ticket planning) before people make plans for NYE!
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Alright, PurpleOut, I'm recruiting local (45 min to 1 hr away) alumni to the game. Lots do not know about it and as soon as I tell them, they get excited and want to know more. Right now, they don't want to buy season tickets (come on best deal!) so I'm hoping that 3 game purchase is on the way soon.

I truly believe the way we get behind our guys now and make this a huge event is to market to alumni & family (if they aren't going to try to bus students in...which why not?!) They need to do it soon (ticket planning) before people make plans for NYE!
The 3-game package comes out October 1st I believe.

Ivey was pretty open to ideas about getting students back, and everything to promote the game. That was just a few weeks ago and it's still August, so I'm sure they're still working on a lot behind the scenes. I don't think there's anything to worry about in regards to getting tickets yet. But happy there's so many people wanting to get them ASAP.
Pilotgirl
Good to know about tickets...I will pass it on! Yes, I hope they make some plans students!

Here's the guy you were referring to (I think) & Crimson fans were hoping he would commit...they are stoked rn:

SFAJack_76
This will make you feel good. Guaranteed.

http://southeasthoops.com/2018/08/22/non-conference-schedule-preview-alabama/
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

This will make you feel good. Guaranteed.

http://southeasthoops.com/2018/08/22/non-conference-schedule-preview-alabama/
Yep. Lots of respect for the Jacks.
nacluth
Great stuff, thanks!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
Alabama has such a legit schedule.
No-look
Yep, made me feel good!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Alabama has such a legit schedule.
Avery schedules better than the football team...

PurpleOut
Staff
Single game tickets for Alabama on sale tomorrow at 9:00 AM!
No-look
Wonder how many Alabama fans this game will draw from a 150 mile radius? Do their fans travel well for basketball?
PurpleOut
Staff
Don't know how well they travel, but there's definitely a large contingent in Texas. Especially in Dallas.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Don't know how well they travel, but there's definitely a large contingent in Texas. Especially in Dallas.
Apples and oranges but I remember the first time I went to a Kentucky/ A&M basketball game. Had about as much blue as maroon.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Single game tickets for Alabama on sale tomorrow at 9:00 AM!

This ticket price will sell beyter than the $55 pkg. I sent out the 35 pkg and peeps were interested. I gotta tell them about single ticket too.
TheRevSFA
Have my tix. I'm stoked
Txjack
Just got my tics...still many available--lets fill the Sawmill up!
TallTexan
Just bought our season tickets last night. Can't wait!
Pilotgirl
I really wish they would release plans for this day! Need to schedule it in advance and get everyone on board. We are just 3 weeks to go.To me, this has been a marketing miss.
Ljacks&Longnecks
In addition to anything SFA marketing does for the Alabama game I would like to see the Sawmill have a gathering that weekend as well so that we may meet some of our fellow members.
There is a Ladyjack game Saturday at 2pm and then Alabama at 5pm Sunday....should provide time for a meet of some kind. I will gladly chip in for food, refreshments etc.
Personally I will visit the Fredonia Brewery Saturday PM......although despite my screen name my heavy drinking days are well past. Of course what I really want is a WIN, but hanging with a few sawmillers couldn't be a bad thing.
cboothe09
This has not been my year for making it to games. Missed the La Tech game for a wedding. Will miss the Alabama game for another wedding and 60th birthday party...Hopefully my luck doesnt continue through conference play and Katy...
BigJack85
I think I'm going to be on the slopes. New Mexico Taos...... bummed. Especially if we win. I know I'd be there if I was in H- Town.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

This has not been my year for making it to games. Missed the La Tech game for a wedding. Will miss the Alabama game for another wedding and 60th birthday party...Hopefully my luck doesnt continue through conference play and Katy...
They way I see it, a lot of people are there for you on the big moments of life, like a wedding, or a milestone birthday. But you know who's truly a friend. Those who are there for you the next year, when all the crowds are gone, for year 1 & 61.

So what I'm saying is, think about how great of a friend you'll be if ditch them to come to the Bama game but remember the party and anniversary next year.
PurpleOut
Staff
Should be something out soon for the game.

If there's no school sponsored tailgate, I think we should (depending on the weather). Also in favor of us (anyone) getting together pregame for any/all games. I've gone to Macklemore's before both games I've made.
Pilotgirl
I'm down for whatever...I will be at both the LadyJacks game on Sat and the Bama game, of course. Hoping the school plans something for the fans/community. But I am not holding my breath
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

If there's no school sponsored tailgate, I think we should (depending on the weather). Also in favor of us (anyone) getting together pregame for any/all games. I've gone to Macklemore's before both games I've made.
I really hope that when we add the new practice facility that we take a chance to turn the giant slope into a plaza that can host fan events and a Walkup/Silas statue.

I'll only be in town for the Bama game(I think). But I'm trying to get town early enough to actually look around instead of rushing to WRJ like I do most nights.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I really hope that when we add the new practice facility that we take a chance to turn the giant slope into a plaza that can host fan events and a Walkup/Silas statue.

I'll only be in town for the Bama game(I think). But I'm trying to get town early enough to actually look around instead of rushing to WRJ like I do most nights.

We'll be there and in town, and so will our student
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
PurpleOut
Staff
WHITE OUT!

And a proper white out at that. Free white shirts to the first 5,000 fans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.