GAME THREAD: McNeese at SFA

24,162 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PurpleOut
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

WHAT: McNeese State at Stephen F. Austin
WHERE: Homer Bryce Stadium, Nacogdoches, Texas
WHEN: Saturday, September 30th, 6:00PM
MEDIA COVERAGE: ESPN3 (TV), Q107/TuneIn (Radio)

This is the official McNeese at SFA Game Thread. Let your thoughts be heard!
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

mcneese75
Crickets around here too
nacluth
Well I think we're hoping if we're real quiet we'll play as good as we did last week. However, it usually doesn't work out that way.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfaguy
I swear literally every game this season has felt like a must-win. We can't lose to McNeese with games against UCA and Sam coming up and expect anything but another 5th place finish.
SFASawmillGuy
it's kind of hard to call this the biggest game of the season, because from this point on every game is the most important game of the season. Realistically if we want to make the playoffs we need to win 2 of the next 3. If we want a winning season we need to win at least one of the next 3 or count on winning out in our remaining games.

Of course a loss tomorrow will definitely mean the worst SFA turnout to the BOTPW in history.
BigJack85
Until we start the year 3-1 or 4-1 we will continue to have the worst BOTPW turnout ever.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
mcneese75
Geez, this all sounds exactly what we McNeese fans are saying about our need to win games
INiedrauer
Staff
mcneese75 said:

Geez, this all sounds exactly what we McNeese fans are saying about our need to win games
Your next two are against ACU and UIW so... little different maybe?
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAXE93
Jacks are 5-3 against McNeese State in the last 8 games, but in the last 5 games it has been a win lose pattern, and it is our turn to lose if the pattern continues. There seems to be no home field advantage in this series.
SFAXE93
What if Blumrick has an all American season and the Jacks go undefeated the rest of the way, winning the SLC and National Championship?

Then what for Sawyer?

nacluth
He'll get to ride in the parade.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFASawmillGuy
Joking aside, this is a real possibility. We have absolutely no idea what we have in Blumrick. Remember that Jeremy Moses wasn't even able to have phenomenal games against FBS opponents. And we haven't seen Jake and play a true game against an FCS opponent. He may be a secret weapon who was overshadowed by the pedigree of Foster.
BigJack85
Nice thinking about Blumrick... 93. Don't see that but would be happy for it to happen.

Until we do something really solid (like win more than 3 games in a row) I'll be calling it "Blowout Of The Piney Woods". Just really a total cynic right now.
nacluth
Jake played a solid game and made some very strong throws. He looked like a very competitive qb for the Southland, but he looked like a rookie to me. I would love to be proven wrong, but he's got plenty of growing to do before he dominates.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well.....Blumrick IS a rookie. One start vs FBS company...and that game is a complete throwout because the whole team failed to show. He did a capable job coming in relief last week. Now he becomes the starter for rest of season barring injury and we will see what game by game experience will bring.
Old school thinking for tonight......I believe we can win tonight IF we can get the running game going because in theory it opens up the passing game and we do have receivers that could benefit from a dual offense attack....we will see shortly.
nacluth
Well solid first drive dies on a bad decision. It's time for the defense to show they can capitalize on last week.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
MasterAxe
Early prediction:

We play tough. Ultimately lose fairly tight game.

McN a big step up from UIW and ACU

Ljacks&Longnecks
Rookie mistake on bad pass to endzone......run defense better shore up fast. Only good thing so far was seeing 2 McNeese coaches chewing #87 ass for getting the celebration penalty.
SFASawmillGuy
I redact my earlier prediction.
SFASawmillGuy
Jake looks scared now.
nacluth
We've used our allotments of screen passes, and our tackling skills are two weeks old.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
MasterAxe
McNeese need not go too deep into the offensive playbook.

Off tackle left, off tackle right.

Speed sweep.

All effective. About all they need.
nacluth
I do like watching Alize Ward play. He's an impressive returner and makes some great tackles.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleForever
I'm so tired of our offensive playbook. We can't stretch the field our run the ball north and south. I feel like every defense can predict the routes the receivers are going to run.
SFAXE93
lol they even said Blumrick keeps throwing into double coverage like they know where we are going to throw the ball.

Can we put Ward on the offense too?
nacluth
Well that was poop. I would have preferred a stuffed run than throwing a quick slant away.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
The last drive, ends like the first drive.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree nacluth, I would have given it to Shaw again.

Nice crowd tonight....shame they haven't had much to watch.
BigJack85
Not happy that we are getting smashed. Glad that I didn't fall for the false hype of us beating an average ACU team. At least I won't get sucked into going to "Blowout Of The Piney Woods".
BigJack85
Almost shameful. We probably get close to the best crowds in the SLC but we can't put anything on the field that resembles an FCS contender.
SFASawmillGuy
Video board looks nice tho
SFAXE93
looks like we are going to go through 3 massive blow outs in McNeese, sammy, and UCA, this is not going to be pretty.
BigJack85
Yep. Any hope for winning season is fading fast. Lamar and HBU might be winnable. Nicholls UCA and Sammie are almost for sure losses. My best case has us beating HBU and maybe Lamar. I could see 4 - 7. With all the "freshman and sophomores" coming NCK I'd expect about the same next year. 4 - 7.
nacluth
Going to survive a bad decision; now we need points this drive.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
A cat has nine lives. I think Conque has maybe one (season) left. Like 2018. Why do I say this? 2017 is over. Yes over. You can bank on losses to Sammie next week ,,, probably by 45 points. Nicholls closer but a three touch down loss. I don't think we can beat SE La either. I say give this whole thing up and start a soccer team. Use Homer Bryce as the stadium.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.