GAME THREAD: McNeese at SFA

24,170 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PurpleOut
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheJacksster said:

This is no disrespect to LMB or any LMB alumni but the band has its moments, the music they play just doesn't help our team get up and going (which I feel like would really help our team) it wouldn't hurt to change the performance up every other week or let go of some of that tradition and play some hip hop/r&b music that our students and fans can vibe to, that's what's wrong with Nac all I see is just a lot of tradition, traditions good don't get me wrong but sometimes it gets old. That's like that video tribute to SFA before the games needs to go, how does that 3 minute video help anyone get ready or in the mood for a game? This is just something to think about because I feel SFA has the potential to fill that stadium up every weekend it starts with having a good fan experience which I feel we don't have
We can worry about recruiting a 5 star trombonist once we've figured out how to football.
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

I honestly have no idea what Conque is doing. I don't mean that negatively. It's obviously negative but my point is this team makes no sense whatsoever. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. We are so incredibly inconsistent. Now the problem is we are worse and inconsistent in our badness.... LOL. I'm actually drinking to the point of laughing.
A conversation that still haunts me. A week or two after we hire Conque, I was at first Monday with my SFA shirt on, and two older lady's in UCA shirts asked if I went there. I said "yes, and sorry we stole your coach". One of them immediately replied "You can't steal him if we didn't want to keep him".

At first I thought that reply was just prompted by losing their coach, but in the years since I've realized that UCA fans new something we didn't.

I'm still fully on the Jeff Traylor bandwagon when we need to hire a new coach in December.
I don't disagree that someone may have that said that, but I do disagree with the notion that UCA didn't want to keep him in general. He WAS UCA football at that point. I have two good friends (one played women's hoops there) that weren't happy when he left for us.

I don't think it was a bad hire at all. But, at the same time that doesn't mean every good hire on paper works out. Because right now it's not.

I doubt we'd make a move anytime soon. I would love Traylor though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.