WEEK 11: SOUTHERN UTAH

6,846 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by BigJack85
AxeEm99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carthel will resign. He wont be fired. The pressure will be too great after the season. He took a #1 recruiting class in FCS and essentially wasted them. We supposedly had/have "better" players than SDSU, NDSU and all other consistent top 10 teams and we are 0-5 in a weak conference! That is ridiculous and UNACCEPTABLE!!!
BigJack85
Carthel made a gamble that Mauer was going to be the real "dual threat" that may give our offense the juice we needed. That roll of the dice seems to have failed.
BigJack85
AxeEm99 said:

Carthel will resign. He wont be fired. The pressure will be too great after the season. He took a #1 recruiting class in FCS and essentially wasted them. We supposedly had/have "better" players than SDSU, NDSU and all other consistent top 10 teams and we are 0-5 in a weak conference! That is ridiculous and UNACCEPTABLE!!!

I doubt it.
MasterAxe
That one yard onside kick was an interesting strategy.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

I'm trying to laugh.
djsfw57
65tosspowertrap said:

I like the purple. BE IT RESOLVED that someone gives the black uniforms to Goodwill. Not our school colors.Gotta have at least a little tradition...
I'm with you. I HATE the black uniforms and have never understood why they were selected since black is not a school color.
BigJack85
We are literally an FCS joke.
djsfw57
This coaching staff is simply incapable of getting the job done in Division 1 football. They have had outstanding talent. There is no other place to lay the blame but on coaching. I'm tired of SFA being embarrassed week after week.
AxeEm99
BigJack85 said:

100%!!
BigJack85
AxeEm99 said:

BigJack85 said:

100%!!

Mailed this one in.
65tosspowertrap
djsfw57 said:

65tosspowertrap said:

I like the purple. BE IT RESOLVED that someone gives the black uniforms to Goodwill. Not our school colors.Gotta have at least a little tradition...
I'm with you. I HATE the black uniforms and have never understood why they were selected since black is not a school color.
apparently black is a recruiting plus...at this point I'm not sure about that. Unless you can entice a new head coach by wearing a black suit in a job interview...
"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
BigJack85
65tosspowertrap said:

djsfw57 said:

65tosspowertrap said:

apparently black is a recruiting plus...at this point I'm not sure about that. Unless you can entice a new head coach by wearing a black suit in a job interview...

We are going to need all of the recruiting help we can get.
SFASawmillGuy
65tosspowertrap said:

djsfw57 said:

65tosspowertrap said:

I was more meaning alternate uniforms and not a specific color of uniform to be fair.
SFA88
A few games ago, I was going to say the team is mediocre. Now, I WISH the team was mediocre. This team is about to go 0-fer in the conference.
nacluth
BigJack85 said:

AxeEm99 said:

BigJack85 said:

100%!!

Mailed this one in.
65tosspowertrap
nacluth said:

BigJack85 said:

AxeEm99 said:

BigJack85 said:

100%!!

Mailed this one in.

Mailed it in my foot. You have to find the mailbox to mail it in. This is a bad team, period. And what's the over-under on not one question from the media about the coach? I'll take the under.

nacluth
People are mailing in their burns right now.
Jacks4460
AxeEm99 said:

What a excellent first half of football!! So glad to be a Lumberjack fan!! Go Carthel!!!

Dude why don't uou go harass another board... you suck and so do your opinions..
djsfw57
65tosspowertrap said:

djsfw57 said:

65tosspowertrap said:

LOL Thanks - I needed a laugh tonight!
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

I'm trying to laugh.

It's not a strategy it's a play that the kicker didn't execute..
MasterAxe
104 points allowed the last two games.

1,000+ yards allowed.

Lots of failures this year, none more glaring that defense never figuring it out.

Spotty glimpses of good play overshadowed by majority **** play.
Jacks4460
AxeEm99 said:

Do you pay his salary?? This pressure will fuel his fire... why don't you take your negativity somewhere else...
AxeEm99
Glad to be here! Your comments will "fuel my fire!!"

WE NEED A NEW COACH ASAP!!
SFASawmillGuy
We need a change at OC. The defense has given up a lot of points and yards the past two games, but it's not completely on them. The defense has actually been much improved from last season. It's directly the result of our offense not doing anything, which is directly a result of poor offensive game planning. We have a good QB. Good RB. Good WRs. But calling a draw on 3rd and long isn't going to cut it.

I have a coworker who was actually on Carthel's national title team. He said he's kept up with SFA because of it, and he keeps telling me how Carthel is great, but Matt Storm was bad when he was at commerce, they just had such a good offense it didn't matter what they did. But I guess even at commerce there was always complaints about how predictable the offense is under Storm.

I want to see a year with Carthel with a brand new OC, new system, new schemes, and try to find one that can fit the talent we have. And we have a bunch of talent.
nacluth
The first four games against UAC opponents were 4 losses within a touchdown.

The last two games being blowouts are concerning. Nothing hurts more than the appearance of a team giving up.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

We need a change at OC. The defense has given up a lot of points and yards the past two games, but it's not completely on them. The defense has actually been much improved from last season. It's directly the result of our offense not doing anything, which is directly a result of poor offensive game planning. We have a good QB. Good RB. Good WRs. But calling a draw on 3rd and long isn't going to cut it.

I have a coworker who was actually on Carthel's national title team. He said he's kept up with SFA because of it, and he keeps telling me how Carthel is great, but Matt Storm was bad when he was at commerce, they just had such a good offense it didn't matter what they did. But I guess even at commerce there was always complaints about how predictable the offense is under Storm.

I want to see a year with Carthel with a brand new OC, new system, new schemes, and try to find one that can fit the talent we have. And we have a bunch of talent.

If we can keep the talent. The portal will be full of our refugees. I agree. We need OC help and pronto. The defense does have some promise. The offense is laughable.
sfajack05
So much for that whole playing for pride thing.

Carthel probably should have lit that fire this season rather than whatever the heck he did this year. Not looking forward to another crappy year next season.
65tosspowertrap
Post-game press conference question that WON'T be asked:
"Coach, you have the no. 1 recruiting class in the subdivision. Your team is now 3-7. Can you say it's lack of talent?"

Question that WILL probably be asked: "Uh, coach? What happened to the black uniforms?"

Just kidding, fellas. Jacks4460, don't yell at me, I'm just kidding...

sfajack05
SFASawmillGuy said:

Then the excuse next year will be that it's a new scheme and he needs another year.
BigJack85
Carthel ain't leaving. He's got at least 2 more years on his contract. If the offense doesn't improve dramatically, we are in for trouble next year. Like 1 - 10 type
AxeEm99
BigJack85 said:

Carthel ain't leaving. He's got at least 2 more years on his contract. If the offense doesn't improve dramatically, we are in for trouble next year. Like 1 - 10 type

It will be no different than the last 25 years....
sfajack05
So what excuses are we using for tonight's game?
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

It was on the same play sheet as the squib kick he kicked right into the arms of the opponent at the 50 yard line last home game
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
BigJack85
22 yards rushing. What? The? …..
Jacksfan93
Trae never got the credit he earned.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.