WEEK 11: SOUTHERN UTAH

6,963 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On the topic of uniforms though some 1989 throwbacks would be really cool.
SFASawmillGuy
Great catch by the SUU receiver but there were two defenders there who could've batted that down. Tough break.
AxeEm99
What a excellent first half of football!! So glad to be a Lumberjack fan!! Go Carthel!!!
RedRiverLa
SFASawmillGuy said:

Agreed. The Texas logo needs to come back. I think with the rebranding they're trying to make the axe logo primary.

I agree. They said they weren't but most of us never bought that. How about some throwback scoring like we used to do…
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
65tosspowertrap
SFASawmillGuy said:

On the topic of uniforms though some 1989 throwbacks would be really cool.
Didn't like the red, SFASawmillGuy. But I did like the silver pants. That was an SFA uniform staple for 20 years or so. I found a very interesting website which shows the history of SFA helmets going back to the Stone Age, but could not find site showing history of jerseys, pants, etc.

"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
MasterAxe
I just hope everyone has fun and all our players get a chance to play.
65tosspowertrap
Just watched one of the most bone-headed plays seen in a great while. Washington player heads to end zone getting ready to do his showboating, drops the ball on at the 1yd line, starts the narcissistic look-at-me pose, and then Utah recovers the drop. Can't call it a fumble. A screwup. On the bright side for UW, they get a safety the next play.

You'll see this on highlights tonight.
"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
BigJack85
We just seem "one play" away from being ok.
AxeEm99
BigJack85 said:

We just seem "one play" away from being ok.

Thats true, in our dreams!
RedRiverLa
Pet peeve: why can't we build an easy path to the field instead of our players just walking though a fence/gate down a hill on a worn dirt path? smh
Lumberjack Battalion
SFASawmillGuy
RedRiverLa said:

Pet peeve: why can't we build an easy path to the field instead of our players just walking though a fence/gate down a hill on a worn dirt path? smh

I've wondered why he haven't used the tunnel all season like we used to always do. The visitors have been using it. Make them walk up a hill.
SFASawmillGuy
Hunter Taylor just said the PA system was struck by lightening. If that's not an indication for this season idk what is.
SFASawmillGuy
I don't like this half huddle thing offenses in college seem to be doing now where the receivers aren't in the huddle with the QB. I get why teams do it, it's for tempo, but I'd rather have the QB be able to verbally talk to his receivers.
RedRiverLa
SFASawmillGuy said:

RedRiverLa said:

I've wondered why he haven't used the tunnel all season like we used to always do. The visitors have been using it. Make them walk up a hill.

We've been walking down that hill for several seasons. Maybe it more convenient, but it looks bush league. I agree with the tunnel. I mean, it's the least of our problems, but still.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFASawmillGuy
SUU wasted zero time taking advantage of losing a safety. I place zero blame on our defense for any issues we've had this season. Our defense has been good for the most part. It's college football, teams score a lot. Our offense needs to be 100% the focus this offseason.
RedRiverLa
Never left a game early, but starting the 2 hour drive now. Hope we comeback, this will prove that I've been the problem all along
Lumberjack Battalion
AxeEm99
Do you think we can throw those ridculous black screens away? Nobody is trying to "steal" our play calls!!!
MasterAxe
I think we may be watching a full scale "mail it in" by players and coaches.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well Master, I was going to say I don't believe we are seeing a complete effort tonight but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
AxeEm99
Yall tired of this yet??????
Ljacks&Longnecks
Need to put Weeks in for his last home game.
SFASawmillGuy
They listened.
BigJack85
Wow I can't believe we have fallen so quickly. From 8-3 (regular season) to 6-5,,, now this. Ugh.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

SUU wasted zero time taking advantage of losing a safety. I place zero blame on our defense for any issues we've had this season. Our defense has been good for the most part. It's college football, teams score a lot. Our offense needs to be 100% the focus this offseason.

We have collapsed. Our "competitive look" earlier this year was a mirage. I don't know how you account for such a fall. Coaching ? Idk. I've been a big supporter of Carthel. This is a bad look.
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Agreed! Every game I wonder when we'll see a player suffer a serious knee or ankle injury doing that.
SFASawmillGuy
Yeah I'm at a loss for words. It was different when we were still competitive in these games. I have no clue what changed over the course of a couple of weeks, but the entire vibe of this team is different.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

Yeah I'm at a loss for words. It was different when we were still competitive in these games. I have no clue what changed over the course of a couple of weeks, but the entire vibe of this team is different.

I've got some thoughts. None of them particularly insightful. One thing seems certain to me. We've been living on the edge for a long time.

How many games did we pull out last year, by the hair of our chinny chin chin? A bunch. This year EVERY close one has gone against us.

Trey Self looks pretty good now.
AxeEm99
SFASawmillGuy said:

The only times I can remember a 'total collapse' like this was right before the head coach was fired. I think there has been a lot going on behind the scenes for quite sometime. Carthel is done in my opinion.
MasterAxe
Q.
BigJack85
AxeEm99 said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

The only times I can remember a 'total collapse' like this was right before the head coach was fired. I think there has been a lot going on behind the scenes for quite sometime. Carthel is done in my opinion.

Unless someone is coming forward with $550 to buy out his contract, I doubt it.
MasterAxe
U.
MasterAxe
I.
MasterAxe
T.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well we made the SUU receiver's day. He has 4 TD's tonight.
BigJack85
Maybe someone is going to save us…. Not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.