WEEK 10: (RV) TARLETON STATE

8,212 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by SFAXE93
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

243 yards receiving for Tarleton on only 8 completions so far tonight.

What's it going to take, to get us competitive again. Yikes.
AxeEm99
BigJack85 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

243 yards receiving for Tarleton on only 8 completions so far tonight.

What's it going to take, to get us competitive again. Yikes.

New leadership in Football. Im done with Carthel.
Ljacks&Longnecks
You've been done with Carthel since the hire. Nothing new there.

I almost wish they would fire him and hire someone new so next year when we went 2-9 I could ride your butt unendingly all season
BigJack85
This looks really bad.
AxeEm99
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I almost wish they would fire him and hire someone new so next year when we went 2-9 I could ride your butt unendingly all season

Ya'll will ride me regardless! If I liked Carthel and made positive statements I am confident YOU would find a good reason to ride me!!

Had we hired Whitten when we had the chance our Football program would probably be in better shape now. Tarleton will win a Natty long before we do!!

10 years from now when we are still in the same boat we are now maybe you will see things differently....
Ljacks&Longnecks
Tonight has been a complete embarrassment so far for sure. That said it's been a team embarrassment.
Fumbled kickoff, fumbled catch out of endzone. Defense has been atrocious.
All season we have been competitive each FCS game. Tonight not the case...an absolute blowout.
Players have to perform and not happening tonight. Coaches can take a share of any blame sure.
Can't blame the play calling tonight because it has nothing to do with Defense not showing up.
AxeEm99
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Tonight has been a complete embarrassment so far for sure. That said it's been a team embarrassment.
All season we have been competitive each FCS game. Tonight not the case...an absolute blowout.
Players have to perform and not happening tonight. Coaches can take a share of any blame sure.
Can't blame the play calling tonight because it has nothing to do with Defense not showing up.

It has 100% to do with expectations and leadership! As Carthel says "Its on us coaches!" Apparently Carthel is not being firm on expectations of coaches who.in turn deliver the expectationsto the players!
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

That's what has me concerned. Till this game, I felt that we had our chances. Tonight, whew ……
TallTexan
AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Ya'll will ride me regardless! If I liked Carthel and made positive statements I am confident YOU would find a good reason to ride me!!

Had we hired Whitten when we had the chance our Football program would probably be in better shape now. Tarleton will win a Natty long before we do!!

10 years from now when we are still in the same boat we are now maybe you will see things differently....

Todd Whitten?

Your solution is Todd Whitten?

He's going to win a natty long before us? He's in year 14 there.

When is he finally gonna win that natty for them?
djsfw57
This is just pathetic. I seriously doubt they will win another game this year. I'm tired of the next year same old crap every single season.

DISMOUNT - the horse is dead.
AxeEm99
djsfw57 said:

This is just pathetic. I seriously doubt they will win another game this year. I'm tired of the next year same old crap every single season.

Hey Ladyjacks & Longnecks please respond to the comment above. He thinks like I do and should be called out asap!!
sfajack05
Wish we had a reporter that had the balls to ask the hard questions but I guess some got their wish with the paper just being a PR extension of the department.
AxeEm99
TallTexan said:

AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Todd Whitten?

WATCH IT HAPPEN!! (Then I can ride you every week!)
MasterAxe
Everyone is so angry.

I just hope all the players/coaches have fun.

That's what it's really about.
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

This is the most disappointed I've been with Lumberjack football since 2017.
RedRiverLa
What is" But hey, our kicker is back". I'll take losing teams' positives for $200 Alex. Right now, we're only 11 Campos FG from taking the lead.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
14jacks
Just looks like the players have given up on the coaching staff. Maybe not in Carthel. But definitely in Carthel's decision of his staff. As a head football coach in college, you need to be a good recruiter, both for players and for staff. I think he's got the players down, not so much the staff. Hate this for the seniors.
MasterAxe
You think it's bad now?

Southern Utah won at Tarleton and beat ACU by 38!

Next week already trending towards getting ugly, fast.
Ljacks&Longnecks
TallTexan said:

AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Todd Whitten?

Ahh just ignore him Texan. Whitten is never going to win a natty. 99 sits in his mancave and drools over his posters of Keeler, Fritz and Whitten and likely cheers against us weekly so he can come on here and blow his own horn.
BigJack85
14jacks said:

Just looks like the players have given up on the coaching staff. Maybe not in Carthel. But definitely in Carthel's decision of his staff. As a head football coach in college, you need to be a good recruiter, both for players and for staff. I think he's got the players down, not so much the staff. Hate this for the seniors.

Ya. This is questionable.
14jacks
Lol. That's why I used the word "maybe".
AxeEm99
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

TallTexan said:

AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Todd Whitten?

Ahh just ignore him Texan. Whitten is never going to win a natty. 99 sits in his mancave and drools over his posters of Keeler, Fritz and Whitten and likely cheers against us weekly so he can come on here and blow his own horn.

Thanks for your analysis. Actually SFA Football consistently ruins most weekends for me in the Fall. At least my SH friends no longer call after that game!! I am frustrated with SFA football. Its the same thing every single year.

I am so sorry to advise Ladyjacks and Longnecks that because you like my posts so mich I am not going away.
SFASawmillGuy
Maybe we should call Colt McCoy to get him over our offense. If you listen to his podcasts dude is a genius when it comes to breaking down offenses and has been in enough NFL locker rooms. He's gonna end up on the sidelines in Austin some day but maybe we can get him in our press box calling that 08-09 Texas offense.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

Maybe we should call Colt McCoy to get him over our offense. If you listen to his podcasts dude is a genius when it comes to breaking down offenses and has been in enough NFL locker rooms. He's gonna end up on the sidelines in Austin some day but maybe we can get him in our press box calling that 08-09 Texas offense.

True dat…. At this stage, it can't hurt. The pain is so complete.
sfajack05
That HTeaO endorsement next season is gonna by awkward if Carthel is gone.
SFASawmillGuy
I still think Colby Carthel is the guy. But this one is on the staff completely. Very painful to watch this. He team has been prepared to face any offense we've faced all year, including Troy to an extent outside of the big plays. This was an unprepared team today.
MasterAxe
SFASawmillGuy said:

Nope. He lost the state title game to Dominique Edison and San Augustine.

Don't want a guy who can't win the big one on our sidelines.
sfajack05
AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

TallTexan said:

AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Todd Whitten?

Thanks for your analysis. Actually SFA Football consistently ruins most weekends for me in the Fall. At least my SH friends no longer call after that game!! I am frustrated with SFA football. Its the same thing every single year.

I am so sorry to advise Ladyjacks and Longnecks that because you like my posts so mich I am not going away.

I've stopped letting it ruin my weekend.
14jacks
I also still think Carthel is the guy, but I think it's time for him to make the tough decisions. Let the OC go. DC is new, I think he has shown good potential, worth keeping him around. But if Carthel doesn't make that decision soon, Carthel will be gone with Storm.
AxeEm99
Tarleton is only the 3rd school in FCS history since 2004 to have 4 straight winning seasons while transitioning. That should tell you everything you need to know about Whitten!
TallTexan
I think they'll definitely make some staff tweaks this off-season. I know no one on this staff is happy with how things have turned out this season.

If we do switch OCs, I'd expect the UTPB OC to get a strong look. They're putting up points like mad, and the OC was a WR coach for Carthel at commerce a year or two.

One of the top D2 offenses in the country.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA has lost 5 fumbles tonight ---those darn coaches.
AxeEm99
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

100% goes back to poor expectations and lack of preparation. Its ALL on the coaches!
MasterAxe
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

We got posters blaming players and posters blaming coaches.

Y'all are missing the point.

We should want everyone to have fun. And make sure everyone gets to play.
BigJack85
I stopped watching. It's sooooo…. Bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.