WEEK 7: #20 CENTRAL ARKANSAS

7,350 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The guy keeping the on-screen scoreboard apparently doesn't know what the three little timeout hash marks are for.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks leading in passing yardage 143-37. UCA leading in rushing yardage 107-50, thanks largely to only two long rushing plays.

Defense looking good.
SFASawmillGuy
Maurer in a sling. Really bad.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wouldn't doubt that Maurer is done for season.

Don't know who number 3 on depth chart is but likely now backup to Weeks.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Defense playing lights out today. Need to get a little help from offense.
SFASawmillGuy
UCA is taking advantage of Weeks lack of mobility. They're bringing the heat.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sorry, Bad series that I put directly on OC Storm.

Weeks is capable of throwing but now OC calling too conservatively I suppose since Weeks came in off injury.
Stick with mixing it up.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wheels coming off now, 2 bad passes then a drop that had big gain potential.
BigJack85
Another moral victory….. yikes.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Fake punt works, now can offense.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Look at that, Good things can happen when you pass. Weeks looking more comfortable on that drive.

Fake punt was huge there.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Defense Defense
Ljacks&Longnecks
And again Storm goes to the well too often trying 3 straight running plays and leaves us short.
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Wouldn't doubt that Maurer is done for season.

Don't know who number 3 on depth chart is but likely now backup to Weeks.
QB: #12 DALTON MCELYEA 6-3; 196 (SO.)
QB: #15 BROCK BOLFING 6-3; 215 (SO.)
QB: #13 GAVIN RUTHERFORD 6-3; 210 (FR.)
Ljacks&Longnecks
Thanks 93
SFASawmillGuy
Man our pass defense is great. We've shut down some really good passers this year.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Blocked FG. Still alive.

C'mon Storm, let the offense loose.
MasterAxe
FACK IT! We've hung around, let's go win it!
SFASawmillGuy
WEEKS TO HARRIS!!!
SFASawmillGuy
Let's just call the touchdown play to Harris every play.
Ljacks&Longnecks
YES, that pass has been effective today. That's how you do it,
MasterAxe
Sorry ass tackling
MasterAxe
Third straight week where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

No such things as moral victories. Lost another game we should have won.
SFA Jack Fanatic
80 yards needed. 2 minutes to play. Let's run the ball up the middle. What the H***???
BigJack85
Tackling…..
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

80 yards needed. 2 minutes to play. Let's run the ball up the middle. What the H***???

A draw there isn't a bad call. UCA had been taking advantage of Weeks lack of mobility the entire time and was sending the pressure.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sorry. There is no excuse for that call at that point in the game.
AxeEm99
Yall tired of this yet???? Carthel is now 26 wins, 26 losses in 5 years. We have dismissed coaches with better records in the last 25 years. Carthel will say "It;s on us coaches" again next week in the presser, but will do absolutely NOTHING about Storm or the terrible offensive play calling!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
No one can ever sell me that Storm is a good OC. He did come out with a good game plan to begin but too many times falls back on 1950 football and overplays the run.

Before anyone points out where we stand in stat rankings, there is an old sports saying that statistics are for losers. We continually fail to close out drives. We continue to overplay our hand running on 3rd and 4th downs. Until if/when we start turning more drives into 6 points we will continue to lag in the win department.

Maurer was excellent today. Even after his injury you could see he was still on the sidelines cheering his team.
Weeks obviously got stuck in a tough spot. Had some good throws and bad. He is no threat to run the ball so UCA probably turned up the heat rushing him. He will probably be the guy for the last 4 games.

Defense held their own quite well until late. I guess some will blame Campos for missing 2 FGs.

BigJack85
Have gun, shoot foot. I mean every ,little thing that could swing back towards UCA. Left enough points out there.
SFASawmillGuy
The most frustrating thing for us and the team is that this team is literally so close to being 6-1 right now. Maybe even 7-0. These guys just need to learn to finish. Relatively young in a lot of spots and will return a QB, RB, and top receiver next year, but I get it, I hate saying next year too.
MasterAxe
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

No one can ever sell me that Storm is a good OC. He did come out with a good game plan to begin but too many times falls back on 1950 football and overplays the run.

Before anyone points out where we stand in stat rankings, there is an old sports saying that statistics are for losers. We continually fail to close out drives. We continue to overplay our hand running on 3rd and 4th downs. Until if/when we start turning more drives into 6 points we will continue to lag in the win department.

Maurer was excellent today. Even after his injury you could see he was still on the sidelines cheering his team.
Weeks obviously got stuck in a tough spot. Had some good throws and bad. He is no threat to run the ball so UCA probably turned up the heat rushing him. He will probably be the guy for the last 4 games.

Defense held their own quite well until late. I guess some will blame Campos for missing 2 FGs.

Special teams yielded 13 points.

Two missed FG's and a roughing the kicker on a missed kick that led directly to a TD.

Now, the blocked FG was great, but special teams was not good
Ljacks&Longnecks
Good point Master, I left out special teams. Yep the roughing penalty was a killer.
TheRevSFA
I don't get how you're inside the 10 and run 3 draws and go for it on fourth down instead of taking the points.

I don't get a lot of the offensive scheme and the lack of creativity. There's only so long your defense can hold you in a game.

It's time to find a new OC.
SFASawmillGuy
TheRevSFA said:

I don't get how you're inside the 10 and run 3 draws and go for it on fourth down instead of taking the points.

I don't get a lot of the offensive scheme and the lack of creativity. There's only so long your defense can hold you in a game.

It's time to find a new OC.

Honestly I think that's why the old JC Harper teams defenses looked so bad and then suddenly good in year 1 under Conque. Our offense with Harper wasn't on the field long ever, so our defense was gassed by the 2nd quarter.

I don't disagree our offense needs a change, I just hope it keeps the mentality to control the clock but can still finish drives. Offenses that either score really fast or are off the field really fast make any defense look bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.