WEEK 12: ABILENE CHRISTIAN (PART DEUX)

6,778 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

WAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - SFA (5-5; 2-1) VS. (RV) ABILENE CHRISTIAN (7-3; 3-0)

WHEN: NOV. 19, 2022 (SAT.) 2:30 P.M.
WHERE: ABILENE, TEXAS (WILDCAT STADIUM)
TV: ESPN+
RADIO: Q107.7 FM.
RALLY CATS KIDS DAY

The red hot Wildcats of ACU are looking to wrap things up in the WAC with a Championship, as well as punch their ticket to the NCAA Division I Playoffs.

A perfect 4-0 at home and a so close to being a 9-1 record and ranked…

W LAMAR 28-14
W PRAIRIE VIEW A&M 21-13
L MISSOURI 17-34
W WESTERN NEW MEXICO 34-7
W UTAH TECH 26-10
L #22 SFA 38-41
W SOUTHERN UTAH 21-18
L #23 NORTH DAKOTA 31-34
W TARLETON 28-23
W SAM HOUSTON 45-28

ACU averages 152 yards rushing 250 yards passing, while scoring 29 points a game.

QB Maverick, McIvor has completed 154 passes for 1,894 yards and 14 TDs with 9 picks.
QB Ethan Long, the 6-2; 210 Jr. transfer from Arizona State started in the Wildcat's victory over Sam Houston State completing 30 passes for 262 yards and 4 TDs.

The star of this show is offensive line and the running game with sophomore RB Jermiah Dobbins 5-11; 195, true freshman Rovaughn Banks Jr. 5-10; 200 and senior Anthony Smith 5-11; 205 all having combined for 1,292 yards (avg. 5.0) and 15 TD's.

Senior WR Kobe Clark has 57 catches for 600 yards and 8 TD's Sophomore WR Tristian Golightly 6-4; 205 with 36 catches for 592 yards and 4 TD's.

Sophomores DE Tyrin Bradley 6-4; 255 with 39 tackles, 9.5 for a loss, 4 sacks, and 12 QBH and DT William Morgan 6-3; 305 with 10.5 TFL's and 8 QBH's lead the way for the interior line, while starting Linebackers true freshman Reese Young and senior Tory Hargrove that have combined for 13.0 TFLs and 5.0 sacks.

A nothing to lose, playing for pride, and a share of the WAC Championship Lumberjack team is all that stands in the way of an ACU dream season.

Hopefully the Jacks are ready

SFA LEADS THE SERIES 12-10-0

SINCE 2015: 6-2-0

W SFA 41-38 HOME
W SFA 41-27 HOME
W SFA 35-32 NEUTRAL
L ACU 24-31 AWAY (2OT)
W SFA 24-21 HOME
W SFA 20-10 AWAY
W SFA 41-30 HOME
L ACU 32-35 AWAY

Axe'Em

SFAXE93
MasterAxe
Based on our last "Effort", we are going to be lucky to not get beat by 30+.
SFAXE93

So SFA will be facing a different ACU QB this go around, QB: ETHAN LONG 6-2; 210 out of West Linn, Oregon.

Long was a 3-star recruit out of high school and ranked the #23 PRO style QB in the nation and #3 player in the state of Oregon by 247sports, and signed with Arizona State.

SFA88
SFAXE93 said:

So SFA will be facing a different ACU QB this go around, QB: ETHAN LONG 6-2; 210 out of West Linn, Oregon.

Long was a 3-star recruit out of high school and ranked the #23 PRO style QB in the nation and #3 player in the state of Oregon by 247sports, and signed with Arizona State.

Long was behind Jayden Daniels and couldn't get on the field as a QB. He is very coachable and willing to do anything the coaches wanted. He played a little WR, H-back, and special teams. By all reports, his teammates loved him. I'm glad to see him get a chance to play.
SFAXE93
I noticed that he played in 24 games for the SunDevils, at those various positions you mentioned, yes he seems to be quite the teammate, and coaches dream. I believe he also played baseball at ASU.
SFA88
SFAXE93 said:

I noticed that he played in 24 games for the SunDevils, at those various positions you mentioned, yes he seems to be quite the teammate, and coaches dream. I believe he also played baseball at ASU.
strangely, the baseball player is a different guy. That Long is from Gilbert, AZ and went to Mountain Point HS.
BigJack85
Looking at the roster. We are losing some stalwarts. I'm not sure how that plays out. Regardless, we are looking at a complete rebuild on the defensive side and a almost complete rebuild on the offensive side.

Looks like we have some QB's and RB's returning that could be solid. The O-Line?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
So do some of those guys still have a year, due to the 2020 season? That is the confusing part, because some have an extra year.

SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

So do some of those guys still have a year, due to the 2020 season? That is the confusing part, because some have an extra year.

Yes. I don't know details of who might use their Covid year. Of course, some might use it somewhere else, particularly if they have graduated.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
nacluth
Let's finish the season strong!
SFAXE93

Coach looks fired up, hope the players are as well.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
BigJack85
8.5 point dogs on the road. By this time of the year, the oddsmakers usually have it right.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks
Anybody else ever notice that WHEN the opponent gets to return a kickoff, they run hard and straight and often manage good returns. When we return a kickoff our guys spend too much time running sideways or waiting for a hole to open up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ACU's kicker is now 1-7 on FG's. Wonder how he's keeping his job.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hmmm, Jacks fail to get a yard on 3rd and 1 then self destruct on 4th and 1. Turnover on downs still scoreless.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Questionable play calling again. Geezzz...
BigJack85
I'm not sure exactly what that sequence of calls was supposed to accomplish.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ensuing drive, ACU finally manages to get in for a 7-0 lead. #8 Clark for ACU is eating us up receiving. I'd just keep firing the ball his way.
Ljacks&Longnecks
And again our kick returner runs side to side instead of straight and gets caught inside our 20.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Miles Reed with a powerful TD run....penalty calls it back. Next play Self hits Reed out of the backfield and Reed again powers into the endzone. Counts this time. Great effort by Reed on both plays.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Are you kidding me? A fake FG run straight up the middle into the teeth of the defense????????????
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well, I don't mind a fake FG....but....kicking it would have made it 10-7 and.....we ran the fake Straight into the line where all the ACU players were stacked up. Not any chance of gaining the needed 3 yards with that move.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Credit the SFA defense for a nice 1st half of work. Big steps up over last week.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ljacks&Longnecks
Also credit to the ACU broadcast crew and announcers. They do it right and the announcers do a good, fair job of calling the game evenly without the "homer" bias.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Also credit to the ACU broadcast crew and announcers. They do it right and the announcers do a good, fair job of calling the game evenly without the "homer" bias.

Multiple camera angles, quick replays, sideline reporters, campus shots.

This is the standard SFA should strive for.
Ljacks&Longnecks
And there is the story of this season.....SFA offense on a good drive, pass to TE inside the 10 he is stripped, and ball goes out of endzone for a touchback. ACU wastes no time getting downfield and scoring, taking a 14-7 lead.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA offense responds with a nice drive down the field ending with a short 3 yard pass to Gipson for TD.
Then the extra point gets blocked so now 14-13 ACU.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.