WEEK 11: CENTRAL ARKANSAS

8,280 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
TheRevSFA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of y'all apparently forgot where we were in 2018 and what the old regime left us.
SFA88
I have spent a career behind a desk. I'm not calling for someone's job when I don't have a clue how to do it myself. I am, however, extremely disappointed they had a bye week and the team wasn't ready to play.

Let me give an example as a means of contrast. I got in my car last week and the 3 win NAU Lumberjacks were coming off a bye and playing number 2/3 ranked Montana State for homecoming. My first thought was that NAU didn't know you're supposed to play a weak team for homecoming. It ended up being a very good game and was tied with 55 seconds left. The NAU players had been well coached during the bye. Their defense sniffed out play after play that Montana State ran. Their offense moved the ball on the ground and through the air. NAU made some bone headed plays at the end and Montana State did what they do best, run the ball down your throat.

I didn't see any of that from SFA. It isn't just that they didn't have any fire, they didn't seem to recognize the UCA plays or know what would be effective on offense. How many times did we watch both UCA D-ends shove our tackles all the way back to Trae?

Both of our coordinators seem very stubborn.
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Quick stop on drive back home.
Portal is double edged. Wonder who we might lose after disappointing season.
Defense is a huge concern for next year. Without massive improvement through recruiting, retooling, learning to tackle we will face the same situation as this year.

I could see these two getting some looks from FBS teams.

RB:#25 JERRELL WIMBLEY 5-11; 195 (FR.)
G:9;ATT:99;YDS:587;AVG:6.0;TD:5/REC:11;YDS:153;TD:1

DT:#99 EDWARD BOBINO 6-3; 320 (R/FR.)
G:11;TKL:40;TFL:9.0;SCK:3.0;QBH:1;FF:0;FR:3;PD:1;INT:0;BLK:2

Jacks4460
I am far from Karen ole 84!!
BigJack85
The transfer portal…. We might need to open up a little wider on transfer portal guys. Especially on the defensive side.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.