WEEK 11: CENTRAL ARKANSAS

8,499 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

Didn't get to watch, what the heck happened to the offense?

It's still trying to score from the 1 yard line against Utah Tech
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
sfajack05 said:

Glad I bought into all the hype this year.

I do it every year, also. Especially this year. Next time I start to buy in during pre-season, please whack me over the head with a shovel.
Lumberjack Battalion
sfajack05
I really thought this year was going to be different.
RedRiverLa
sfajack05 said:

I really thought this year was going to be different.

Me too. Especially with the recruiting class
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Got to remember that the recruiting class number is just something assigned by "experts" who try to sell things or themselves. Subjective to say the least.
Also then the athlete him/her self must navigate into a new world, new systems, new independence, new expectations. Some will not be as successful as thought or hyped in this new land.
Actions speak much louder than hype. Talk is cheap. Potential must be realized on the playing field not on a piece of paper. Perhaps our crew was overrated, not ready for prime time or will develop in the next year.
Look at A&M for a poster child of hype and expectations.
RedRiverLa
Definitely subjective.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAXE93
MasterAxe
So, two games in a row the phrase "not ready to play," is said by our head coach, who has the job of getting the team ready to play.

Cool.
RedRiverLa
I'm encouraged, they're going to watch the tape and make some corrections, so we should be good.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well that's a point well taken.
Said we didnt have any "juice" tonight
My thought is, team was still playing for a possible playoff spot, at home on Senior night. How the heck do you have no juice, no fire in the belly for this game. Isn't that why you practice daily, view game film and play the game anyway for chances for titles and playoffs.
Definitely room to blame coaches for their part but have to call this a complete team fail.
MasterAxe
Based on this season of overhype and underperformance, we're gonna fit right in with the Texas A&M or UT system.
SFASawmillGuy
On the bright side, and this is just an observation, Brian Maurer is gonna be a fun QB for us to have in the future. He showed passion on the sideline and has all season. Looks like he's gonna be a good leader for the squad.

This is not to take away from Trae. Despite the criticism we've all given him he deserved to have a much better senior year than this.
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

I'm encouraged, they're going to watch the tape and make some corrections, so we should be good.

Is that some sarcasm I'm seeing on the horizon?
AxeEm99
Based on the past performance of our former coaches near the end of their tenure at SFA, I think the Carthel era (or error) is done after the ACU game...
He is showing no drive in the pressers to fire up this team.
Jacks4460
Why don't you stop posting…. Your a fool..
AxeEm99
Thanks for the compliment Jacks4460!!
I am just calling it for what it is.
(I plan to post more now that I know you dont like it!!!)
We have given Carthel a chance. Its time to move on from the hype....
BigJack85
AxeEm99 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Next year better be..train, practice, work and keep the mouths shut. Dont want any hype until we show results on the field.
Next year hopefully we have a REAL leader at the helm!! The Carthel era needs to conclude tonight!!

You're off base. Carthel needs to show that he can get things going in 2023. Until then, he's proven that he can (has) lead this team. One bad stretch doesn't define a coach.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
You know nothing about the game of football or how a team functions..You are a typical fan and a keyboard warrior..
AxeEm99
Jacks4460 said:

You know nothing about the game of football or how a team functions..You are a typical fan and a keyboard warrior..

You are drinking way to much Kool-Aid!
McCarty and Hill must still be delivering it to you... We will see where we are two years (or less) from now. I will happily revert back to this post at that time.

Have a great day Jacks4460!!
Jacks4460
You only come around when things are down.. I would bet you post under different handles also.. keep pushing your propaganda behind the keyboard..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

You only come around when things are down.. I would bet you post under different handles also.. keep pushing your propaganda behind the keyboard..

4460 is a former Jack player with insider knowledge and experience with Carthel, his staff, and players. I trust his opinions about the future of the program 100%.
SFAJack_76
AxeEm99 said:

Based on the past performance of our former coaches near the end of their tenure at SFA, I think the Carthel era (or error) is done after the ACU game...
He is showing no drive in the pressers to fire up this team.
In spite of having had meaningful disagreements with some posters, I have had no reason to use the "Ignore User" function until now. It's not that we disagree, but that you continue to work a completely indefensible personal agenda. Insufferable.

Bye.
AxeEm99
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

4460 is a former Jack player with insider knowledge and experience with Carthel, his staff, and players. I trust his opinions about the future of the program 100%.
I will be waiting for this to materialize, just like all the promises over the last 25 years.... Hopefully YOU are correct, but unfortunately this is the same trend we have witnessed with multiple coaches. I would love to see our program become an NDSU, or even Sam Houston.

And no, I do not come here only when we are down. I did stop drinking the "This is our year" or "Next year is our year" Kool-Aid.
BigJack85
AxeEm99 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

I will be waiting for this to materialize, just like all the promises over the last 25 years.... Hopefully YOU are correct, but unfortunately this is the same trend we have witnessed with multiple coaches. I would love to see our program become an NDSU, or even Sam Houston.

And no, I do not come here only when we are down. I did stop drinking the "This is our year" or "Next year is our year" Kool-Aid.

Extremely unbalanced, your opinions and observations. Rarely are things as GOOD or BAD as they seem. Sure, this is a disappointment and most, if not all of us are edgy about the downward trend

I'm confident that Carthel will get this fixed. He has , he will.
TheRevSFA
It's frustrating when you know the team has the talent to be a top 10 team but just can't get it together. Losing our defensive staff hurt us more than I think any of us expected.

SFA has a very long shot at making the playoffs with a win next week and a UCA loss but I don't see it happening. You don't ever want to see regression and this is regression. Is it enough to warrant firing Carthel? No, not even close.

We lose a lot this year too. X, self, BJ just to name a few. Maurer looks like he's gonna be a stud QB

It's okay to be disappointed. It's okay to be frustrated, but we are far from the point of needing a regime change.
BigJack85
TheRevSFA said:

It's frustrating when you know the team has the talent to be a top 10 team but just can't get it together. Losing our defensive staff hurt us more than I think any of us expected.

SFA has a very long shot at making the playoffs with a win next week and a UCA loss but I don't see it happening. You don't ever want to see regression and this is regression. Is it enough to warrant firing Carthel? No, not even close.

We lose a lot this year too. X, self, BJ just to name a few. Maurer looks like he's gonna be a stud QB

It's okay to be disappointed. It's okay to be frustrated, but we are far from the point of needing a regime change.

100% agree. We've got pockets of solid returners, but I am concerned about the defense. We have some skill players (on offense) returning that could be a solid core. A couple of portal snags could make a huge difference on offense. Defense, I don't know where to begin. It's a mess.
BigJack85
TheRevSFA said:

nacluth
TheRevSFA said:

These two paragraphs sum up my feelings. Still hoping for something good next week.
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

RedRiverLa said:

Is that some sarcasm I'm seeing on the horizon?

It's moved from the horizon and is slap dab in the middle of Upper Level B, Row 44.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
TheRevSFA said:

best post of the thread.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
I think Carthel can fix the offense, in the off-season. Not sure about the defense. If the defense is this bad next season, we are in trouble. Regardless of any improvements on the offensive side of the ball.

A couple of those underclass men (O-Line) look like they could grow, physically and mentally over the off season and spring ball. Problem is we need 4-5 of those guys. I don't know if we'll get 3 upper tier linemen. That's part of how UIW, gets it done. They're solid up front. We are not.
SFAXE93
Unfortunately, that portal is a double edged sword.

84Jack
You must be one of those people that believe in free speech as long as those thoughts are the same as yours.
SFA88
RedRiverLa said:

Now where did I put my shovel?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Quick stop on drive back home.
Portal is double edged. Wonder who we might lose after disappointing season.
Defense is a huge concern for next year. Without massive improvement through recruiting, retooling, learning to tackle we will face the same situation as this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.