WEEK 11: CENTRAL ARKANSAS

8,512 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like nothing is working for this team. No swagger, no strut, no confidence - not a good thing at all.
djsfw57
RedRiverLa said:

This series from the dropped pass to the long run by them is the perfect snapshot of this season.
Exactly
Ljacks&Longnecks
Off to the car to warm up. May come back.
MasterAxe
Followed up the worst loss in recent memory with the worst half in recent memory.

At least we're consistent.
AxeEm99
djsfw57 said:

Seems like nothing is working for this team. No swagger, no strut, no confidence - not a good thing at all.
Its just the continuation of the last 25 years! I watched the weekly presser on Thursday. In my opinion, Carthel was bland, no energy, no real enthusiasm as he has had before. I believe there is some distraction in the locker room. No "#3 recruiting class" should be performing like this!!!
I watched Abilene Christian demolish Sam Houston. They played like they wanted to win. Central Arkansas is playing the same way.... Why can't we???
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

Followed up the worst loss in recent memory with the worst half in recent memory.

At least we're consistent.

This is basically a playoff game. Lose and we're out. Certainly not ready to play when the season is on the line.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

This series from the dropped pass to the long run by them is the perfect snapshot of this season.

Yep. This team is missing a bunch of pieces. A bunch.

Defense
On the edge , I'm not seeing it. LB's , not much. The DB's , have been ok.

Offense
Our O-Line, still in consistent Dint understand why we aren't getting more open routes.

Just a mystery.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA88
Central Arkansas just looks like they have better athletes, especially on offense.

Oh, and their D-line is eating the Jack's O-line up.
BigJack85
SFA88 said:

Central Arkansas just looks like they have better athletes, especially on offense.

Oh, and their D-line is eating the Jack's O-line up.

Ya. I've got a knowledgeable friend that is convinced, we have better athletes. I don't see it. Maybe at some of the skill positions. Certainly not in the O-Line or D-Line.
MasterAxe
The best game being seen at Homer Bryce is by whomever is watching the Alabama/Ole Miss game in one of the VIP tents.
djsfw57
There is one glaring consistency this season: paralyzingly stupid play calling.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hey, back from the warmup to see a pic. Any chance of turning this thing around?!? ..would have to start now
SFA88
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hey, back from the warmup to see a pic. Any chance of turning this thing around?!? ..would have to start now
No
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well maybe not.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Clock kept running after the punt. Guess clock operator difnt show up tonight either.
SFA88
My lovely wife wants me to clean the garage. That sounds better than putting myself through the 4th quarter. See ya later.
AxeEm99
When should we expect Carthel's resignation?? Tomorrow or next week?
RedRiverLa
Bye. Leaving to drive back home. At least we showed up.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Absolutely pathetic tonight. Dont understand how we could come out tonight with still an outside shot at making playoffs and show NO real effort on the field.
As much as I support Carthel, this team has a myriad of issues to address and coaching owns its share of them. Team and staff have many miles to climb next season to begin to be competitive.
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Absolutely pathetic tonight. Dont understand how we could come out tonight with still an outside shot at making playoffs and show NO real effort on the field.
As much as I support Carthel, this team has a myriad of issues to address and coaching owns its share of them. Miles to climb next season.

Plenty of blame to go around. Offense, Defense - - - Coaching. Talent Level. Making tackles. Not making tackles.
BigJack85
Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic.
AxeEm99
OK, I'm serious. Carthel has ZERO leadership of this team. He needs to resign TONIGHT!!!
BigJack85
We are what our record says we are.
BigJack85
Myles Reed is still bringing it.
MasterAxe
What a terribly disappointing way to end a strange season.

BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

What a terribly disappointing way to end a strange season.

I've got to say that the, open field tackling is some of the worst I've seen. Some improvement in open field tackling would make a notable difference in some of these "woefully inadequate defensive series.
sfajack05
Glad I bought into all the hype this year.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Next year better be..train, practice, work and keep the mouths shut. Dont want any hype until we show results on the field.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I would play a lot of the young guys next week to give them a chance to show what they have and see if they want to be a part of next season.
AxeEm99
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Next year better be..train, practice, work and keep the mouths shut. Dont want any hype until we show results on the field.
Next year hopefully we have a REAL leader at the helm!! The Carthel era needs to conclude tonight!!
TallTexan
Didn't get to watch, what the heck happened to the offense?
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Didn't get to watch, what the heck happened to the offense?

I think we were like: 1-46 on 3rd downs. Just kidding…… errr. Not.
BigJack85
The head hunting, on Carthel is unwarranted imho. Carthel has been a solid coach with solid trajectory. Losing 4 coaches in a single cycle, had proved to be challenging, to be nice.

I do believe that "we" collectively have bought into the ratings of those "recruiting classes". If we (SFA) have superior talent, it has not shown out on the offensive or defensive line. Linebackers aren't killing it either.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I saw some slight improvement (or at minimum) , adjustments in the coverage earlier in the season. The last couple of games??? Regression.
SFASawmillGuy
I'm gonna be excited for next season as always, but we need to see some major staff changes. Carthel needs to find a staff who can utilize the talent he brings in. We have a QB who should be lighting it up. Running backs who should be making huge runs consistently. And a defense that should be able to stop anyone they line up against.

The offensive and defensive coordinators need to be evaluated immediately. We need to find consistency.
sfajack05
Do we know the excuse yet for this performance?

We going to blame the four coaches who left in the offseason? The cold? Time change?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.