WEEK 9: UTAH TECH

15,722 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheRevSFA
sfajack05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sports are stupid.
MasterAxe
5 minutes to draw up that play.

Fire everyone.

It's not like we had a borderline unstoppable RB (Reed) or an NFL level WR to give the ball to.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well I just lost ALL respect for this coaching staff with that utterly stupid play call
djsfw57
In my opinion that was the STUPIDEST call in college football this season.
SFA, Class of 1979
PurpleOut
Staff
Haahahahah what a stupid…STUPID play. We needed one yard morons. I'm literally laughing.
AxeEm99
How PATHETIC!!! We need new leadership NOW!!! We wait for the last play of the game and then dont kick a field goal to go to OT!!!
lmbalum08
I thought I saw dumb play calls last night at a HS football game. I was wrong!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Haahahahah what a stupid…STUPID play. We needed one yard morons. I'm literally laughing.

I'm all for going for the win, but that's the play call?

Those guys battled back and that's what our OC calls?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Who the heck was Self throwing to anyway, it went into the middle of the pile.
SFA88
Enlighten me. What was the call? Jet sweep? Never mind
MasterAxe
It's beyond the capacity of our coaches to just line up and run a QB sneak.
MasterAxe
Appropriately timed YT video.

RedRiverLa
Why why why. That's the worst call i have seen in a long time. I'm speechless! First of all why line up 5 yards back, then call that play? Coach should be ashamed. We deserve to have Utah Tech win, good for them. They out classed and definitely out coached us. Time to shut down this stupid swing your shirt sh$t.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Ljacks&Longnecks
All credit to Utah Tech....they outplayed us and Definitely out coached us.
SFA88
Probably the best win of Utah Tech's season. Beat the number 1 team in the WAC and ruin their homecoming. If a player can't generate the emotion and the will to play hard against an inferior opponent, they shouldn't be on the team. No player should rely on outside forces to get up for a game.
MasterAxe
SFA88 said:

Probably the best win of Utah Tech's season. Beat the number 1 team in the WAC and ruin their homecoming. If a player can't generate the emotion and the will to play hard against an inferior opponent, they shouldn't be on the team. No player should rely on outside forces to get up for a game.

I don't know their division one history, this might be the biggest win in their programs history.
sfajack05
Playoffs are overrated
Ljacks&Longnecks
They were Div2. In about their 3rd year of the move up I believe announcer said....This will be their signature win up to this point in the FCS move.
SFASawmillGuy
It's the first time they've ever beaten a ranked FCS opponent. They were on a 9 game road losing streak.
No-look
It's easy to second guess play selections being a fan but…what was that?
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

SFA88 said:

I don't know their division one history, this might be the biggest win in their programs history.

It IS the best win of their history. Embarrassing.
SFASawmillGuy
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Who the heck was Self throwing to anyway, it went into the middle of the pile.
looked like Aune was held up at the line but was supposed to be open in the back of the end zone. Or maybe 70 was checked in as an eligible receiver because I saw him in the area of the pass.
millenniumkat
How…how is Carthel not fired? Worst decisions for a last drive ever
MasterAxe
millenniumkat said:

You know how it works. It's a process.

First it's a coordinator.
Then the other.
Then the HC.
TallTexan
millenniumkat said:

Because we're not as dumb as Bearkats? Were about half an inch from winning as time expired.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

millenniumkat said:

Because we're not as dumb as Bearkats?

We may not be as dumb, but week in and week out our team does some dumb ass *****

Specifically play calling
SFA88
Usually, I believe the home team should go for OT but the defense was awful today so maybe going for the win was the right decision. I'm a big fan of the QB sneak. Line up a FB, RB or even a linebacker as a FB and come in behind the QB and shove the pile forward. The QB sneak is disappearing from football and I don't know why.
purpleballs
SFA88 said:

Usually, I believe the home team should go for OT but the defense was awful today so maybe going for the win was the right decision. I'm a big fan of the QB sneak. Line up a FB, RB or even a linebacker as a FB and come in behind the QB and shove the pile forward. The QB sneak is disappearing from football and I don't know why.

Not used to taking snaps under center.
purpleballs
Someone in that huddle needed to change that play call.
SFA88
You could always hand it off to your RB that has 110 yards and is averaging 5.2 yards per carry. Or, fake it up the middle and run for the corner. Almost anything other than that stupid play.
SFA88
purpleballs said:

SFA88 said:

Not used to taking snaps under center.
yes that's the answer, of course.
RedRiverLa
should have gone for the win. But a staff that spent the day over committed to the run up the middle for 2 and 3 yards, chooses to decommit when it was called for and needed to win the game. Instead a jump pass to an eligible lineman that had 3 Utah Tech players on him. Seriously baffles the mind.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
corleycl
Unbelievably disappointing. Seriously, unbelievable. I'm no coach by any means, but I've watched a lot of football in my life and I cannot understand that play call. It shows we had no confidence in the line to make a push or Reed to punch it in.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I could accept going for the win but you need to have the RPO OR just try the one yard plunge. We run into the middle of the defense all day long but trying to thread a pass into about 10 guys was not the call.

nacluth
Reed made some unbelievable runs in the fourth quarter. Hate this for him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.