SFA VS. (RV) TARLETON STATE

21,410 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jacks4460
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Around 9,000
8,910 official. Solid crowd. Decent amount stayed through the game. Really good postgame fireworks show.
Good numbers, we really need to learn to get loud as a crowd though.

If we average above 8000 for this, Delta, E Kentucky, and Lincoln, and can hit 12k or so for homecoming, I think with BOTPW that should put us north of 10k for the year and that would be great for us personally.

We'd probably lead the conference in attendance with those numbers.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Around 9,000
8,910 official. Solid crowd. Decent amount stayed through the game. Really good postgame fireworks show.
Good numbers, we really need to learn to get loud as a crowd though.

If we average above 8000 for this, Delta, E Kentucky, and Lincoln, and can hit 12k or so for homecoming, I think with BOTPW that should put us north of 10k for the year and that would be great for us personally.

We'd probably lead the conference in attendance with those numbers.

Good analysis Texan. When you gonna join the old dudes Lumberjack tailgating? We're over by the forestry building September 25th.
SFAXE93
QB:#1 TRAE SELF 6-4; 200 (JR.)
G:1;CMP:18;ATT:26;CMP:69.0%;YDS:235;TD:1;INT:0;RTD:0

Self was actually 18 of 23 for CMP:78.2% before throwing 3 straight incomplete passes on the last drive in the 4th, so yes he was not forcing anything.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

" We still don't know. We think somehow the fiber run went bad, but don't know for sure. It worked the night before and that morning. When we took the equipment to stream volleyball it just didn't work. Took it back to football and it never worked. We had to put it on WAC DN due to the broadcasting standards of ESPN "

I worked in manufacturing for over 40 years, experiencing some frustrating downtimes when everything had been checked out before start up. It shouldn't happen, it does happen, and I trust they will learn from it.

Surprised that no one complained about VB having to be moved to Twitter live yesterday.

Oh I was complaining about volleyball stream, just not posting it
RedRiverLa
Our info said gates open 90 minutes before gametime.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

Our info said gates open 90 minutes before gametime.
I saw somewhere that football was 90 minutes, with soccer and volleyball opening 60 minutes before game time.
TallTexan
I wish we could steal some crowd noise ideas from pro soccer.

Namely these chants:

1. The Slow Building USA chant but SFA.
2. When the Jacks Go Marching In
3. I Believe That We Will Win

Organically I think these would work most naturally if introduced at Soccer, but I think could be popular at both football and basketball to get the crowds involved.

The better environment we build, the better the margins get for teams.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Namely these chants:

Organically I think these would work most naturally if introduced at Soccer, but I think could be popular at both football and basketball to get the crowds involved.

So when I was there we did the "I believe that we will win" chant. Every game we did that, we had a commanding lead and ended up losing the game. So let's not do that.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

TallTexan said:

Namely these chants:

So when I was there we did the "I believe that we will win" chant. Every game we did that, we had a commanding lead and ended up losing the game. So let's not do that.
Ok let's teach that one to the bearkats.
SFAXE93
PurpleOut
Staff
Had a great time in Nac this weekend. Other than the heat and humidity we had a blast tailgating and enjoyed the game. Looking forward to being back in two weeks. Attendance was ok, but I was hoping for better. There was nobody out tailgating.

Has anyone talked about why the students are now on the side/corner berm on the home side? I know they moved them to the berm behind the goalposts last season for COVID spacing, but why not have them back in the stands?

The other side of the stadium was completely empty, and have been worse if Tarleton didn't bring any fans.

If I didn't see a PHA sign down there on Saturday, I would have never known. We went from a below average student section to zero student section.

Am I missing something?
SFAXE93
Just listened to Coach Carthel's radio show and he said the players should be ready to go against Texas Tech, a few bumps and bruises from the Tarleton game, but nothing major.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just listened to Monday Coaches show....apparently none of our injuries were serious and the kid from Tarleton was okay and rode the team bus home.
Hopefully that will get us Ward back cause we will need any and all help we can get vs TT.
SFASawmillGuy
I feel the same way. The attendance wasn't bad, but was definitely not the large crowd we would like to see. I actually like the fans directly behind the end zone. It looks so much better on the broadcast cameras and the highlights I saw from that point of view it was good. I enjoyed the fans being able to get into it with the players like they did after a touchdown.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA_03 said:

I feel the same way. The attendance wasn't bad, but was definitely not the large crowd we would like to see. I actually like the fans directly behind the end zone. It looks so much better on the broadcast cameras and the highlights I saw from that point of view it was good. I enjoyed the fans being able to get into it with the players like they did after a touchdown.
I meant to mention that. There were 5 sets of 4-row bleachers behind the South endzone. Of course they left early but it was cool to have them there. I just wish they were a little more engaged. I actually asked Ivey a few months ago if he would let me tailgate there.

And of course the end zone suites on the other end are nice (I'll be down there on the 18th).

But I was talking about the student section as a whole. Having them behind the visitors bench was really the only atmosphere that we had. Now they are further away from everything. Sitting on the hill not really paying attention. That's just not a student section for me. I didn't notice them once during the game.
MasterAxe
Random:

Has there been any update that anyone has found on the status of the TSU player that was stretched off?

Looked horrible. Praying for him.
Jacks4460
he rode the team bus home..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.