WEEK 6: SAM HOUSTON STATE

29,426 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ljacks&Longnecks
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

909 total votes in the poll. 49% for campus, 40% for NRG, 11% for don't care.

It was a much larger gap until last night when a student org retweeted it and all of the students voted for NRG. They of course don't know anything other than NRG and were already complaining that we wouldn't be able to handle a crowd that large, wouldn't be able to tailgate etc. Typical of kids today to just jump to a conclusion and only think of themselves.

We've had 27k for HS games. I think we can handle it.
cboothe09
I do give NRG props for being a better tailgating venue. Being on campus would be fun, but NRG isnt a bad place to cook and drink...
BigJack85
Let's think about SFA. It's a much better play for us to do a home and home. We draw better at home than Houston and we would probably get good support in Huntsville. I think it's a no brainer to bring it back home.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
Yep. Also you get donors on campus & it helps businesses in Nac.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Let's think about SFA. It's a much better play for us to do a home and home. We draw better at home than Houston and we would probably get good support in Huntsville. I think it's a no brainer to bring it back home.
Regardless if we put a winning product on the field we will blow Huntsville up or Nacogdoches!!! Our fans will come out of the woodworks I promise... Now that we have leadership like we do in administrative positions the foundation can be built to be the leading mid major in all sports... We will also graduate great young men and women...We are getting there...
djsfw57
He should be removed from the team. Yes, I'm serious.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Made ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27794161/rivals-admit-missteps-band-kicker-incident
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Made ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27794161/rivals-admit-missteps-band-kicker-incident

And the Prison Tech AD says nothing about any potential discipline of the player. I hope they don't just kiss and make up.
Ljacks&Longnecks
There are statements from Ivey and someone from Sam on the SFA athletics page that address the issue in a roundabout way. I suspect that Sam will give the guy some minor hand slap that the public will never see.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.