WEEK 2: #7 TARLETON STATE

38,210 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJack85
TheRevSFA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could we get a QB that can actually throw for once?
nacluth
Never mind
Ljacks&Longnecks
Self's accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and he is too quick to dump the ball. Course with the lack of O line support guess I know why. Reminds me of David Carr with the Texans back when.
BigJack85
Tarleton rolls us with an SFA alum because we thought he was a loser becuof his divorce etc. what a bunch of crap. We get punked.

SFA football is a joke. Carthel WONT FIX IT. PERIOD. IM DONE WITH TAILGATING FOR THIS COMPLETW DISPLAY OF INEPTITUDE.

How many more years of "rebuilding ". Really.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
MasterAxe
Update: that's now 610 yards for TSU
AxeEm99
With all due respect SFAJack_76, I believe we are all here because we want the Jack's to win in Football. Some of us are living in reality. Most are living in a dream world every football season. I am from Huntsville and I live in Huntsville. My dad was a prof at SH for 35 years. I have seen excellent athletic moves by leadership at SH over and over. Our leadership at SFA has created the issues we are seeing now. We suck because we have been on a merry go round with head coaches for the last 25+ years. I am SICK OF IT!! Get ready for 1-9 this year and probably next!!
Signujack
Well my first time back this year and.....we are going to struggle ALL year. This is pitiful, who is going to tell me Tarleton is that good?? Hoping for the best, expecting the worst!!!
BigJack85
randybass said:

With all due respect SFAJack_76, I believe we are all here because we want the Jack's to win in Football. Some of us are living in reality. Most are living in a dream world every football season. I am from Huntsville and I live in Huntsville. My dad was a prof at SH for 35 years. I have seen excellent athletic moves by leadership at SH over and over. Our leadership at SFA has created the issues we are seeing now. We suck because we have been on a merry go round with head coaches for the last 25+ years. I am SICK OF IT!! Get ready for 1-9 this year and probably next!!

Bass. You are so on target. The hole that is SFA football and that includes Carthel (sorry bro) can't put a defense on the field to hold a D2 squad under 650 yards. Come on. Carthel is the second coming. No way. His defensive coordinator sucks. I'm sorry. I watched this same exact backfield last year. No change. Nothing Same coaching facing the receiver with no awareness of the ball. I played I know. This is crap. If I had enough money I'd donate to stop SFA football really. We've been humiliated enough. Nobody gives a rats ***. No. No one cares. I've crapped on for 40 years. Let's give up and get a soccer team. Really. Be real.
MasterAxe
Whelp, this is deflating. We knew bumps were coming, but being totally outmatched by Tarleton is a stunner.

Giving up nearly 700 yards is mind-numbingly bad.

I'm afraid it is a real possibility we win 2 games or less.
BigJack85
Let use Jacks charge for soccer game against F''ing Letourneau. I mean we don't care enough. Losing to a D2 squad. What a joke.
nacluth
Didn't want to see Carl go down. Sucks to lose 25% of your home games in one go, but there it is.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

Whelp, this is deflating. We knew bumps were coming, but being totally outmatched by Tarleton is a stunner.

Yep. Bad choices at every level. First we should have bought out Tarleton. $75000. Really. F'ing buy them out and play a real D2 squad. 2nd. We could have hired a real coach in Whitten (SFA alum at Tarleton) but we are TO GOOD FOR HIM. Really. So much dumb *** that I cant even describe.
AxeEm99
I am done for this year. Enjoy 1-9!
MasterAxe
randybass said:

Bye. Stay gone. Don't come back when we're back.
BigJack85
randybass said:

Yep. Me too. And SFA wonders why we can't donors. Really. They NEVER should have scheduled Tarleton. If we really thought this was a rebuilding year then buy that bad boy out and schedule some crap ball squad instead humiliating the entire fan base.

I remember the days in the late 80's when we schedule Henderson Statw etc and everyone *****ed. Well at least we won. The alumni that think we can beat decent D2 teams are wrong. Wrong. This is another complete and total disaster. Carthel is NOT the second coming and losing to a squad that has 35 scholarships is just a *****. I'm done with this and donating my little bit of money. He'll sfa can't gwt 200,000 grand. A year. Laughable
AxeEm99
BigJack85, Masteraxe wanted me to tell you
"Bye. Stay gone. Don't come back when we're back." Lol.
BigJack85
randybass said:

BigJack85, Masteraxe wanted me to tell you
"Bye. Stay gone. Don't come back when we're back." Lol.

Thanks. Good luck to all. Carthel is a gray guy. Needs better help already.
SFA71
We lose to Baylor and you start jumping off the bandwagon . We lose to really good D2 team and the season is over. I don't think I have ever heard from a bigger group of quitters . And I'm not talking about the team. If you are ready to give up now then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
AxeEm99
SFA71, this same song and dance has been going on since before I graduated in 1999. I'm tired of it! Every new coach was going to "deliver us." When and IF Carthel delivers I will throw my support behind the team. Tonight was NOT promising, and was frankly unacceptable!
BigJack85
randybass said:

SFA71, this same song and dance has been going on since before I graduated in 1999. I'm tired of it! Every new coach was going to "deliver us." When and IF Carthel delivers I will throw my support behind the team. Tonight was NOT promising, and was frankly unacceptable!

I agree. I'm not quitting but I also think this was a TRAP game if there ever was. I mean really. We could have bought out that game for $75,000. Scheduled a lighter squad and learned. Please dispute that with me 71'. Please. I love my Lumberjacks More than most. I won't say all but I have been to so many games from Houston in the last 35 years that I almost have gone thru vehicles.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA71 said:

We lose to Baylor and you start jumping off the bandwagon . We lose to really good D2 team and the season is over. I don't think I have ever heard from a bigger group of quitters . And I'm not talking about the team. If you are ready to give up now then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Well said, 71. I agree 100%.

I'm not shocked by the result. Disappointed? Absolutely, but not shocked. Tarleton had a ton of seniors coming back from a 12-1 team. We have a bunch of young guys learning how to play at a D-1 level. It will take time.
drhuggybear
I guess I am still in the holding out hope side. Someone earlier said this is no different than Conque but don't forget 70% of the kids are Conques kids. The coaching has to be adjusted for that. Carthel give us the best recruiting class in recent history. Will this be a winning season? Doubtful but I think we get back to winning soon.

Not to mention that Tarelton is a good team. D2 or not they are a good team. After watching tonight I say they could beat most teams in the Southland conference

But again I am being hopeful.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

We have no answer for the TSU big WR, #88.

He is eating our CB alive.

That guy will play on Sunday' he is a beast..
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

MasterAxe said:

We have no answer for the TSU big WR, #88.

He is eating our CB alive.

I'm quoting my own post.

He's an absolute beast and he's killing us, we have no one who can cover him. We're totally outmatched.

Our best CB wasn't on the field for some reason.. #1 Hendrix
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Completely disagree. Totally. Are our expectations to be competitive against a D2 squad that has 33 scholarship player vs out 65????? Really

Big Jack they have 0 limitations on grades 0.. This was a good team and the difference between a DiV II upper echelon and a lower FCS team is not that much.. So competing with an upper echelon DivII team right now is fine and and is a hell of a lot better than it would of been last year.. We are young and will take our butt whoopings and it will be ok.. Coach didn't bbll**** us when he said They had a receiver that would start at Baylor.. there is no doubt in my mind we will be winners..
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Red,

I'm plenty knowledgeable about football and I'm watching it from 40 feet away..... and I hate that bull**** that I don't know what I'm talking about. The corner that gave up that touch down had 3 options to prevent a score in the last 45 seconds. He didn't exercise any of them because he thought "he had the interception ". Poor coaching and even poorer decisions on behalf of the corner.

Be honest with yourself if your going to criticize me about giving up a TD when there was NO REASON for us to be in that formation.

Coach can only put him
In a position to attempt to make the play.. The kid isn't making the play.. We have no more CB what do you want him to do?? We had 2 true freshmen out there tonight...playing 85 % of the snaps.. they are young and will learn and get better..
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

I ALWAYS give is the benefit of the doubt but this is looking like ANOTHER 1 -10 season.

BigJack you are probably right but so was Coach Rule at Baylor then last year they had improvement and this year they will do well... It takes atleast a season or two to build a solid foundation...Matt is the OC ..
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

We suck. Period. Another 4 year plan. Bull. Bull. And I don't care what anyone says this defense is atrocious. Atrocious. Awful. Bad. El sucko. Despicable. Really. If I'm Carthel I make a change tomorrow. Enough with the flowers and butterflies.

BigJack you have had way too many tonight.. You have the right to be pissed and voice your opinions.. It is some good reading..
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Yep. Bad choices at every level. First we should have bought out Tarleton. $75000. Really. F'ing buy them out and play a real D2 squad. 2nd. We could have hired a real coach in Whitten (SFA alum at Tarleton) but we are TO GOOD FOR HIM. Really. So much dumb *** that I cant even describe.

You should of told Ivey you would cover the 75k
Jacks4460
BugJack85 I know you love your Jacks don't give up buddy...We are gonna take some ass whippings but please think positive.. I can appreciate your fire and desire to want our team to be good..
TheRevSFA
BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Dude. Do you not remember when Whitten coached at Sam? Those teams were hot garbage.

We lost to a top 10 d2 school who kept their talent from last season while we are rebuilding with a new coach, new system, stupid ass black curtains, etc...

This was the perfect trap game and we fell into it.

SFAXE93
All things considering, playing with 62 freshmen minus some seniors

Hendrix
Pace
Ward
Blumrick
Shaw

its not all that bad.

Just got to keep plugging away as these players season.

CertifiedAxeman98
Rebuild year. Rebuilds take time. Culture is changing. Lots of freshman. Coach needs a few years to turn things around.
Buckytaylor
What a bunch of whiney @55es! We've got 65 schollys to TSU 32. We should have no problem, should've got Whitten, we're outcoached, we're tired of losing, why didn't we buy out the game. Really boys? Really? TSU is a good football team and they have 2 nfl receivers and a qb that's in his 6 th yr of eligibility. They have seasoned skill positions. You boys have slept on your watch at SFA, of your 65 scholarship athletes 30 are true freshmen and 17 are out forever with injuries or most importantly eligibility issues that occurred way before your coaching staff arrived. (Shame on us for letting that happen) The remainder are last years players. And a no win situation with TSU on the schedule, you entitled jokers wanna through money at the competition so you can play Texas Wesleyan and get a win. Those young men that are fighting for SFA learned where they were at their craft that might not have been seen with lame opponents. So although your game programs indicate an easy win, in all reality you were out manned and just too naive to realize it. D2 schools march to a different set of rules than D1, if TSU does get drawn into D1 their talent will probably get pulled off the bus too. GIVE these boys a chance at SFA it's a process that'll take more than a season, in the meantime let's get behind instead of running away cuz we ain't winning AGAIN. In these piney woods we are supposedly blue collar roll up your sleeves and get to work folks. Not entitled snots

Axe em
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

BugJack85 I know you love your Jacks don't give up buddy...We are gonna take some ass whippings but please think positive.. I can appreciate your fire and desire to want our team to be good..

Still lost but recalibrating this morning. I won't say all is lost but that thing last night did not give me loads of confidence......

Let's see how we do against SUU.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.