2019 Fall Football Camp

18,513 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
HitSomeBody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there any place to go other than SFAJacks.com to get updates on fall camp? I looked at SFAJacks.com and there are daily articles for camp. I guess I was looking for coaches interviews or thoughts on different areas of the team like last year but did not see anything?

Anyway, I thought I would start a topic just for information we come across on Fall Football camp and can post it here.
Axe'Em Jacks
SFAJack_76
Many are being posted on Twitter. Don't know about Facebook.

SFAJack_76

Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

Is there any place to go other than SFAJacks.com to get updates on fall camp? I looked at SFAJacks.com and there are daily articles for camp. I guess I was looking for coaches interviews or thoughts on different areas of the team like last year but did not see anything?

Anyway, I thought I would start a topic just for information we come across on Fall Football camp and can post it here.
HitSomeBody need to get you a twitter account... That is where the team will put alot of there up to date/instant video/live video feeds... They seem to be doing well on the SFAJacks.com but that is the info they have to put into whatever format they do so that SFAJacks.com works... Twitter is alot easier and quicker to get to us the public.. Twitter stuff is a little more raw and uncut... On the other hand they produce some excellent videos and such on twitter likewise... Coach C is on twitter and you will be able to follow him because he pops up some good info too on his account... I went to practice last night and I am telling yall it is night and day compared to anything I have seen in 10-15 yrs... Our O line looks so much better... All of them do.. They are getting alot better nutrition and Coach Stoner has the nutitionists in the East College with menus for football players only... Our OLine has a way to go but these guys can go 8-9 deep which is what we need on the line.. They also have some length to them and Stoner is starting to get them looking very good to the eye... We will be the best, most in shape team in the SLC.. These guys flat out work.. I dont think Jake is gonna make it back becasue his injury will not allow him too.. I excpect him to be a huge part of this team tho.. Kid is a true leader and someone you would hire to work for you in a heartbeat.. Alize is on a mission and Pace caught anything within a 6ft radius. Coach Matt threw the ball deep too... Calvin Carter is a name to watch.... I saw him beating the DB's on some deep routes.. Couple were for 6pts.. DT is our strength right now we can go 4 deep at that position. Carl is getting into shape... The freshmen are very very very good.. There will be some starting for sure..Williams,Brooks,McKnight are three of the freshman that really stood out.. Coach C is doing alot of good things with these guys for instance he had 100% of team at FBC Nacogdoches for service yesterday.. The church fed the whole team, coaches, and some family that came with them... Thats a hard thing to do is get 100% of the team to come to team church. They have it next week at Grace and then the following week at a local church that has mostly African American congregation.. There is no question on who our leader is..... AxeEm
SFA Jack Fanatic
Great report, 4460. Keep 'em coming!
BigJack85
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome 4460. I'll be very interested to hear how the QB situation fills out. In my humble opinion that is going to be the key to determining if we compete or just "play" with the top tier teams in this league. I think we have the talent to finish 5th or 6th. Just a BIG matter of gelling.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
HitSomeBody
Thank you 4460,

I have done my best to stay off of social media. However, if that is where the information is at then I will look into it. Great update and thank you for the feedback.

Let's have a great year.
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome 4460. I'll be very interested to hear how the QB situation fills out. In my humble opinion that is going to be the key to determining if we compete or just "play" with the top tier teams in this league. I think we have the talent to finish 5th or 6th. Just a BIG matter of gelling.
85 I am pretty confident Trae will win the job more so for his arm... He can put it on the receiver...Cam is a winner tho and when the lights turn on he finds a way to win... Cam will be right on his heals and is only a RS Freshman so he is gonna be the QB one day... We have a new GA named Dustin Vaughn who is a first class of a gentleman as there is... Google him he has some good credentials and is young also... thats on top of Coach May who already has coached a Harlon Hill winner... that QB room is stacked with knowledge and 2 very good QB's and another young one who was at Baylor last year as a walk-on.. Funny story is that he was Coach C 1st choice as a QB out of HS 2 yrs ago and the kid wanted to give FBS ball a shot and could afford Baylor's tution so he chose that instead.. Now everything comes full circle and Coach has him as 3rd QB and once delveloped he will be a good one likewise.. Kid somewhere around 6-5 230 with some zip on the ball... Trae also carries some of that swag with him which a QB's gotta have.. Kid is smiling all the time you can not help but to want him to succed...

HitSomeBody
Any chance Coach C will use a dual QB system this year. Sounds like Trae and Cam are neck and neck. I watched Cam for years in high school. One thing is a fact, he some how always seems to take a broken play and turn it into something and he always found a way to win. It's not that he blew your socks off when you watched him but when you walked away you were scratching your head asking 'How' did he do it. How does he take a 4th and 22 and turn it into a touch down.
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

Thank you 4460,

I have done my best to stay off of social media. However, if that is where the information is at then I will look into it. Great update and thank you for the feedback.

Let's have a great year.
yes sir HSB... Dont know which OL boy is yours but man they all looked so much better... Coach Young is a worker and demands perfection no extra steps, hands put in the right place, hips forward... You dont do it right he is gonna make you do it again until its right...Your gonna see a huge difference in the level of play.. We are a long way from where we need to be but man are we getting there in a hurry...
Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

Any chance Coach C will use a dual QB system this year. Sounds like Trae and Cam are neck and neck. I watched Cam for years in high school. One thing is a fact, he some how always seems to take a broken play and turn it into something and he always found a way to win. It's not that he blew your socks off when you watched him but when you walked away you were scratching your head asking 'How' did he do it. How does he take a 4th and 22 and turn it into a touch down.
I dont think he will use a dual QB system except for maybe Baylor... and then probally not it would be more of a scripted possession for Cam...
HitSomeBody
On the defense... I thought our defense was our best part of the team last year. The defense IMO was un-disciplined. Since you saw them in practice, do they look more centered and focused with discipline? If so, we will probably have one of the best defenses in the SLC this year.
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

On the defense... I thought our defense was our best part of the team last year. The defense IMO was un-disciplined. Since you saw them in practice, do they look more centered and focused with discipline? If so, we will probably have one of the best defenses in the SLC this year.
HSB yes sir you are very spot on your observation.. Coach Power and staff will have these guys disciplined or they will not be on the field.. Yes they looked way more disciplined there were a couple blown coverages but for the most part we were all around the ball and like I mentioned before the DT's will be a strength because all 4 can play.. Nichols is gonna be a force to be rekon with.. Coach McFarland and Coach Faske got this line playing.. Name to watch is Josh Collins 6-6 230lbs RS Freshman that has some speed on the corner and if you put 30 more good pounds on him then he could be in the NFL when he is a Sr. Defense will be salty thats for sure.. Alize and Quinn are the alpha dogs here and so far are being great leaders when buying into the program and what our staff is trying to do.. Both of them will be all SLC this year watch... I say our D will be one of the best in the conference..
SFASawmillGuy
This team looks hungry. 5th or 6th is realistic. But this team is gonna upset some people. Maybe some people in orange. *wink wink. Nudge nudge*

I'm confident either Trae or Cam can lead this team. They're both outstanding talents and bring different things to the table, though I think Trae has the advantage with his versatility.

That being said, Cam may win a natty one day for SFA. The team is on that track with Coach Carthel. Almost certainly not this year. Probably not next year. But I just feel it's coming.

Now it's just time to get the train built. Put it on the tracks. And send that f****** train to Frisco.
PurpleOut
Staff
Great ball from Trae

HitSomeBody
Anybody know how Aug 6th practice went?
Axe'Em Jacks
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
OK, who is #12

nacluth
I'm pretty sure it's Cam. He's got the same jersey on in a pic on his Twitter. Think they switched his number from roster sheet.

SFAXE93
thanks, I didn't recognize the face, he looks different, and they still have him listed #15 on the roster
SFAJack_76

BigJack85
nacluth said:

I'm pretty sure it's Cam. He's got the same jersey on in a pic on his Twitter. Think they switched his number from roster sheet.

The next Jeremy Moses.
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

The next Jeremy Moses.

The potential is there. Regardless of who the stater ends up being, this kid being a redshirt freshman means SFA football is in good hands at the QB position for a while.
BigJack85
I agree. There are plenty of RS freshmen that make a big splash during there first year at QB. I don't expect him to start the first game but it wouldn't surprise me if he started mid-season
SFAJack_76
The excitement of the team may be the best part.
SFASawmillGuy
I think Trae Self being on the official schedule poster means he's QB1.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

The excitement of the team may be the best part.

Congrats to the dad. I can't imagine being a college student, playing football, and having 2 kids to raise. That's a LOT of responsibility for someone so young. I certainly couldn't have done it when I was that young. Hope all goes well with the birth and his family.
SFAJack_76

nacluth
On my run at 7:20 this morning, all those guys had already broken sweats. They were working hard.
SFAJack_76
And, a cool down.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
Anyone in attendance to scrimmage 1 have any feedback?
SFAJack_76
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.