Colby Carthel

62,741 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimmerson committed to UIW today
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Carthel has high school coaches quoting him..

Willis Jack
SFAXE93 said:

Everytime I hear Cathel speak I wanna put on a helmet a get after it. I have a good feeling about what this guy is going to do, maybe not this season but not far in future.
TallTexan
Willis Jack said:

SFAXE93 said:

Everytime I hear Cathel speak I wanna put on a helmet a get after it. I have a good feeling about what this guy is going to do, maybe not this season but not far in future.

I thought that too until I saw Mount Lufkin put on an SFA football helmet and look like he's out to destroy someone. That's when I decided that my place is most definitely in the stands.
SFAJack_76
I have no doubt that there are G5 and P5 AD's watching what Carthel accomplishes. I am excited to see what happens in the next three years. Realistically, if what I think can happen does happen, Ivey will be looking for the next rising star. Well, assuming Ivey hasn't moved up also.

Enough of that. Let's enjoy the ride.
SFAJack_76
Wow!
TallTexan
This is just a ploy by Ivey to get all those P5 ADs to admit that their department knows where Nacogdoches is.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
It's amazing how much energy Carthel brings not just to football, but to the entire athletic department.

BigJack85
Your correct. He is very impressive!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
Another reason why I believe he will be successful here...he is out there involving the community, the school, leading by example, can't wait to see where he takes SFA football in the next few years.
SFAJack_76
Don't forget about his "smoking hot wife" Sara. She is also a very outgoing, competitive, high energy person. That is her holding Major standing behind him.
SFAXE93
purplitis72
I'm ready for some football!
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Good luck to him. Stepping up from four to five was much bigger than three to four. One parent runs out of hands by themselves. It will be a crazy September.
SFASawmillGuy
Coach Carthel is single handedly trying to solve the attendance problem.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Coach Carthel is single handedly trying to solve the attendance problem.

And the price we paid per Carthel keeps getting better and better.
drhuggybear
That will be an interesting September for them. New baby and a new child
SFAJack_76
drhuggybear said:

That will be an interesting September for them. New baby and a new child
Which one causes him the most sleepless nights?
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Good luck to him. Stepping up from four to five was much bigger than three to four. One parent runs out of hands by themselves. It will be a crazy September.

To use a football analogy. BTW I have 3.

"With two kids you can go MAN TO MAN COVERAGE, with 3 kids you have to go into ZONE COVERAGE. With zone coverage someone always get loose in the secondary ".
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

To use a football analogy. BTW I have 3.

"With two kids you can go MAN TO MAN COVERAGE, with 3 kids you have to go into ZONE COVERAGE. With zone coverage someone always get loose in the secondary ".
I'd imagine a defensive minded football coach & a volleyball coach would likely run one of the top end parent zone Ds out there. But it's only a matter of time until the kids can outrun it.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Four big jets coming in tomorrow. Two from U of Arkansas.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I like Carthel's thinking on hosting this thing. 'We may not get 'em now but we may somewhere down the road.' Taking the long view. Carthel is a smart dude. We're lucky to have him.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Guessing Traylor will be on one of them. The upside of this event is much higher than any downside. It does feel a bit like inviting the fox into the hen house though.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

There was one in and out today or it came from Hobby & was a rent a jet.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Guessing Traylor will be on one of them. The upside of this event is much higher than any downside. It does feel a bit like inviting the fox into the hen house though.
I'd be surprised if Traylor isn't among them. I'm not too worried about opposing recruiters being here, those big name schools are all coming to Nac to look at kids, so we'll get to see the very best of East Texas.

Plus, we'll probably get a good shot to get those transfers afterwards too. Sam seems to have that P5 pipeline down, so I'd rather steal them away.
TallTexan
Clicked through a ton of tweets on the thread for the camp & wow there were a ton of kids from ETX, Dallas, Houston, & Louisiana.

Sounds like a huge camp & that'll pay big dividends. Remember how well they recruited in 2 months to close the 2019 class? They're gonna destroy 2020 recruiting.
SFASawmillGuy
I don't believe Carthel will be our coach too long because I have no doubt he's gonna bring in a ton of very fast success(and maybe a chance at a Natty). If we can hold onto him for 3-4 maaaaaaybe 5 seasons, the groundwork should be laid for a dominant lumberjack dynasty.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

I don't believe Carthel will be our coach too long because I have no doubt he's gonna bring in a ton of very fast success(and maybe a chance at a Natty). If we can hold onto him for 3-4 maaaaaaybe 5 seasons, the groundwork should be laid for a dominant lumberjack dynasty.
I suspect you are correct. Actually, if he is at SFA longer than 3-5 years, that probably means he has not been successful. I believe he is going to be successful.
CertifiedAxeman98
Its faded but is that his SS#. If so I hope he has ID theft protections like zander or lifelock or something.

Edit: I was referring to his comment with the pic of his student ID. I have now put the correct link in the post now.
SFAJack_76
The T-shirt order for all of the camps must have been huge. Thousands? The staff needs to be young to manage the pace.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.