Abilene Christian

17,460 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HitSomeBody
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (0-2) vs. Abilene Christian (2-1)

WHERE: NAC/Homer Bryce Stadium
WHEN: SEPT. 22 (SAT) 6:00 P.M.
TV: ESPN+

It's Parent's weekend, so expect a good crowd at Homer Bryce Stadium as students show parents around the ole campus and then take in a game at the end of the day. (of course as the weather permits, because as of right now Saturdays forecast calls for a high of 87 degrees and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.)

The Wildcats seem to just get better and better with every game as their football program continues their upward trajectory in the division one ranks, a climb that will more than likely continue for new head coach Adam Dorrell who fields a very young squad and a roster containing only 14 seniors.

ACU is averaging 234 yards on the ground and 526 total yards a game.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
A win would be good here, to get parents back to watch the basketball games.
Jacks4460
Game will be a blood bath.. Our poor team is in disarray..OL play is the worst I have ever seen..
BigJack85
Going to be a mess. Might as well get really drunk.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TheRevSFA
Not even wasting the energy
drhuggybear
We will be there spending the weekend with our daughter. Hopefully we will see some positives.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
BigJack85
Huggy. Find us. By the forestry building.
MasterAxe
They're gonna bloodbath us.

At least we only have 4 home games I have to suffer through. I'm gonna be there, but it ain't gonna be pretty.

And I wonder how many are gonna pony up the $4.99 for ESPN+ ? That a zero $$$$ maker.
SFASawmillGuy
You guys are gonna feel real stupid when UIW goes undefeated the rest of the way and wins the national title.
Seriously though, I'll be there. Hopefully we can spark something up. But I'm wondering what the morale of this team is after getting blown out that bad to UIW....
Wildcat1997
The key for SFA will be to slow down the ACU rushing attack. We've got 3 good RBs in Tracy James, Billy McCrary and Tyrese White. Together they've got the majority of our 702 rush yards in the 3 games we've played this season. We've also had some injuries to a couple of impact players like our best OL Dakota Laws and our best WR DJ Fuller. Who knows if they'll be back this week or not, our coaching staff is very secretive about that stuff. With that said I think SFA will be hungry for a win at home and will come out swinging against us.
Jacks4460
Thanks Wildcat1997 for your input. If we come out and play ACU like we did UIW then it will be a blood bath. We missed way too many tackles and for the first time I didn't like what I saw from the DL.. I didn't watch the 2nd half because the 1st half was so so so bad.. it seemed like the players just gave up there towards the end of the 1st half and thats not good...
HitSomeBody
Thanks Wildcat1997. Hopefully, you will be able to come to the game. I know it is one heck of a trip as I have been to Abilene many times. I think ACU is much improved. I graduated from Baylor and watched the game. ACU did a great job running the ball. I saw Fuller exit the game, seemed like his ankle of knee but they did not say.

SFA is licking their wounds right now. I'd expect a chip on their shoulder for their first home game. But a chip on their shoulder could mean lots of unnecessary penalties. You may have noticed we had a penalty problem at UIW. I believe it's either going to be a tough fought tight finish game OR ACU runs away with it. Either way, we will be there having fun tailgating and watching the game.

Axe'Em Jacks
TallTexan
SFA home games remind me of old Rangers games, go for the fun and the atmosphere, worry about the result later.
SFASawmillGuy
I think we could very well show up and win by 20 points. We seem to have a very strange habit of blowing easy games and winning games we should be blown out in. As is tradition.
Just looking for any reason to justify the drive Saturday
ACUCattitude
Trust me when I say that nobody west of DFW is expecting a "bloodbath". Big wins against Angelo and HBU are indications of progress but we have a long way to go. I can't speak for other ACU fans but wounded Lumberjacks playing at home worry me big time.
MasterAxe
I am prepared to pen another letter of apology if we win this game.

That is how (unfortunately) little faith I have that we will win.

Sure would be nice to get at W.
drhuggybear
50% chance on rain on Friday.
90% chance on rain on Saturday.

That's going to make for a long parents weekend.

I guess I need to pack my frog toggs for this weekend.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
TallTexan
drhuggybear said:

50% chance on rain on Friday.
90% chance on rain on Saturday.

That's going to make for a long parents weekend.

I guess I need to pack my frog toggs for this weekend.
The way we're going, we're going to need some SFA branded frog toggs by the end of this season.
SFASawmillGuy
McNeese may be the first game I actually attend if it's gonna be storming bad! I made the drive from Houston to the Tarleton game, expecting the rain not to be that bad and look what happened....
RedRiverLa
We'll be there, rain or shine, ok rain, sitting in my chair back. It's the least I can do for Nikki Wallace. Going to the volleyball game at 1pm, so I can enjoy the reason for the purple lights that day.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFASawmillGuy
Oh. Game day. Fight. Whatever.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Oh. Game day. Fight. Whatever.
Time to beat the Wildcats.
SFAXE93
Ready for some football!

Beat the cats!
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

We'll be there, rain or shine, ok rain, sitting in my chair back. It's the least I can do for Nikki Wallace. Going to the volleyball game at 1pm, so I can enjoy the reason for the purple lights that day.

That's the spirit. Rain or shine. I rarely "duck" out .... this one of those times.
KirkHeath12
SFA 10.5 point underdog. Moneyline +305
Class of 2012
Axe Em
KirkHeath12
Got myself an Angry Axe to start this game
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFASawmillGuy
There's no way Josh Covey is that much worse than Jame Blumrick.
KirkHeath12
Camera guy is awful as well
Class of 2012
Axe Em
RedRiverLa
Sitting here in the rain watching acu miss the field goal and thanking the volleyball team for making sure there are purple lights tonight. Went to that game, it was packed and electric in Shelton.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
So I guess I missed the news, where is Sawyer?
Lumberjack Battalion
SFASawmillGuy
RedRiverLa said:

So I guess I missed the news, where is Sawyer?

Injured.
SFASawmillGuy
Byrd is using Jake correctly. Limiting his role to mostly quick passes is what he needs to do.
RedRiverLa
Ok, from last week. Thanks!
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAXE93
MasterAxe
Boy, we are some kinda un-creative on offense.

Just bland.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.