UIW

53,376 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AxeEm99
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

Give Covey a shot and put some freshman on the OLine and build for 2020. This ship has a gash in it the size of a Mack Truck and it's about to end up at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. Who cares. This is an absolute train wreck

A Mack sized hole you say? Well boy do I have the coach for you!
TheRevSFA
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

Give Covey a shot and put some freshman on the OLine and build for 2020. This ship has a gash in it the size of a Mack Truck and it's about to end up at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. Who cares. This is an absolute train wreck

A Mack sized hole you say? Well boy do I have the coach for you!

He ain't comin here
PineLogger04
What an absolute embarrassment. Do you realize that our beloved alma mater has managed to slip into a state where the following programs that used to be doormats have all surpassed us? IWU, HBU, ACU, Nicholls. All of them have managed to improve their programs while ours has slipped to a state where we probably would struggle in the Lone Star Conference. That's not hyperbole. That's fact.

Don't blame this on the coaching drama either. This program has been on a continuous slide for years now. TAMU Corpus could start a program next year and in another year would beat us by 20. That's where we are right now.

I don't know what the answer is. I just know that every other program in the Southland is doing just about everything better than we are right now. Our SID department makes awesome graphics on social media. That's about all we do well that's related to football.

I'm sure Byrd is a great guy. I have heard great things. This isn't his fault. There is a long list of bad decisions by others that put him in an impossible situation.

I'm not one of those that thinks we should kill the football program yet. But if the AD doesn't get this on track soon, what's the point?
SFA Grad 2004
Pine Log Sports Editor 2001-2004
Sigma Nu Alum
Axe Em
PineLogger04
I keep seeing some of you say how much talent is on this team. I'm curious to know what makes you say that. I'm not trying to be a smartass. I really want to know what you have seen that leads you to form this opinion.
SFA Grad 2004
Pine Log Sports Editor 2001-2004
Sigma Nu Alum
Axe Em
SFASawmillGuy
like I said. 1-9.
Beat Sam Houston. That's all I ask.
SFASawmillGuy
According to Byrd's post game statements Foster Sawyer was injured yet again in the first half, explaining his absence in the second half.
SFAJack_76
"You don't turn the ball over three times and beat anybody," interim head coach Jeff Byrd said following the game.

Apparently missing the fact that UIW turned the ball over ... three times.

I bought the preseason hype. I shared my concerns following Mississippi State but tried really hard to see positives some on this forum were selling. I sincerely feel bad for the kids and their families. They deserve better. I will be there Saturday to support them. (After supporting a good volleyball team with good coaches.)

Conque was a terrible hire, setting back a program that was already not good. No pressure Mr. Ivey, but this next head football coach hire is critical for SFA becoming the best mid-major program in the country. Another bust will seriously damage the ability to ever achieve that vision.
BigJack85
Well said.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Colby Carthell Lumberjacks Head Coach.

This will be the headline December/January
SFAXE93
I guess Ward is injured as he was not in the game last night and whatever happened to Lamont Alexander, he has yet to play.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
Well if we must, lets scrap the whole system and go with the triple option and hire the entire Kennesaw State coaching staff.

That team is fun to watch and the discipline that coach Brian Bohannon brings.

And the way they use their OL to think outside the box.

Such ball control, at times unstoppable.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Well if we must, lets scrap the whole system and go with the triple option and hire the entire Kennesaw State coaching staff.

That team is fun to watch and the discipline that coach Brian Bohannon brings.

And the way they use their OL to think outside the box.

Such ball control, at times unstoppable.

Triple option would be fun to watch.
Pilotgirl
Can we just just transform the football field into an elite baseball and softball field? Pleeeeeease!
SFAXE93
OK, I'm going to do this no matter what as I am a stats tracker, so don't try and stop me, its all I have

AFTER 2

QB: #12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 225 (Sr.)
G:2;ATT:72;CMP:30;CP%:.42%;YDS:384;TD:1;INT:1
QB: #10 Jake Blumrick 6-2; 206 (Jr.)
G:2;ATT:37;CMP:19;CP%:.51.0%;YDS:164;TD:0;INT:3
QB: #11 Josh Covey 6-1; 205 (Jr.)
G:2;ATT:9;CMP:6;CP%:.67%;YDS:44;TD:0;INT:0;R:5;YDS:6

RB: #32 Jamall Shaw 5-11; 210 (Jr.)
G:2;ATT:17;YDS:103;AVG:6.1;TD:0/REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0
RB: #25 Jae'lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.)
G:2;ATT:17;YDS:49;AVG:3.0;TD:0/REC:4;YDS:25;TD:0
RB: #28 Thomas Hutchings 5-10; 205 (Jr.)
G:1;ATT:3;YDS:27;AVG:9.0;TD:0/REC:1;YDS:7;TD:0
RB: #29 Josh McGowen 5-10; 222 (So.)
G:2;ATT:7;YDS:24;AVG:3.4;TD:0/REC:5;YDS:62;TD:1
RB: #20 Dominic Williams 5-11; 205 (R/Fr.)
G:2;ATT:19;YDS:17;AVG:1.0;TD:0/REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0

WR: #80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 195 (Jr.)
G:2;REC:7;YDS:97;TD:0
WR: #5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.)
G:2;REC:9;YDS:94;TD:0
WR: #9 Remi Simmons 5-11; 185 (So.)
G:2;REC:3;YDS:29;TD:0
WR: #84 Lar'Darion Cobb 6-3; 205 (Jr.)
G:2;REC:2;YDS:20;TD:0
WR: #2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.)
G:2;REC:2;YDS:16;TD:0
WR: #82 Cody Williams 6-3; 210 (Jr.)
G:2;REC:2;YDS:12;TD:0
WR: #22 Josh Thompson 5-10; 185 (R/Fr.)
G:2;REC:1;YDS:3;TD:0
WR: #88 Dylan Parker 6-3; 212 (So.)
G:2;REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0
WR: #8 Calvin Clater 6-3; 200 (R/Fr.)
G:1;REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0
WR: #83 David Crenshaw 6-1; 195 (R/Fr.)

TE: #87 Allen Arclies III 6-4; 245 (So.)
G:2;REC:3;YDS:46;TD:0
TE: #89 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 255 (Jr.)
G:2;REC:1;YDS:4;TD:0
TE: #48 Barclay Ford 6-3; 235 (Fr.)
G:2;REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0
TE: #86 Donte Coleman 6-4; 245 (So.)

OL: #75 Josiah Hunter 6-5; 322 (Sr.) G:2
OL: #65 Hayden Scott 6-2; 295 (Sr.) G:2
OL: #52 A.J. Brown 6-2; 316 (Jr.) G:2
OL: #72 Collin Lagarde 6-3; 317 (Jr.) G:2
OL: #78 Chett Munden 6-6; 305 (Jr.) G:2
OL: #71 Devonte Jones 6-3; 315 (Jr.) G:2
OL: #55 Paul Hill 6-1; 295 (Jr.) G:1
OL: #76 Cooper Williams 6-4; 312 (So.) G:1
OL: #66 Zach Mack 6-3; 312 (So.) G:1
OL: #73 Hayden Young 6-4; 297 (R/Fr.) G:1

K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (Jr.)
G:2;FGA:3;FGM:2;FG%:67%;LNG:36;APAT:1;MPAT:1

LS:#51 Chris Wilkerson 6-2; 248 (Sr.) G:2

SFAXE93
DE:#57 Gary Sampson 6-3; 280 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:2;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:1
DE:#96 Daniel Brewer 6-3; 243 (Jr.)
G:1;TKL:1;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

DT:#94 Demetrion Amie 6-5; 268 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:7;TFL:1.5;SCK:1.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:1
DT:#90 Rayshad Nichols 6-3; 304 (So.)
G:2;TKL:4;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
DT:#99 Shaq Anderson 6-0; 305 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:2;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:1
DT:#92 Larron Cox 6-2; 282 (So.)
G:2;TKL:1;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
DT:#60 Taaj Bakari 6-3; 335 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

LB:#42 Teddy Britton 5-11; 222 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:9;TFL:1.5;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:1
LB:#50 Ryan Woods 6-0; 232 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:9;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;QBH:0
LB:#44 Bert Morris 6-1; 224 (So.)
G:2;TKL:9;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
LB:#43 Anthony Jacobs 5-11; 228 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:4;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:1
LB:#7 Quin Jones 6-0; 232 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:4;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;QBH:1
LB:#13 Kirkland Joseph 6-0; 215 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:3;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
LB:#17 Nazier Wright 6-2; 210 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:2;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
LB:#39 DaRyan Williams 5-11; 218 (Fr.)
G:1;TKL:1;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
LB:#49 Terrance Potts 6-2; 234 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

S:#3 Lawrence Ghansah 6-0; 195 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:16;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;QBH:0
S:#38 Trenton Gordon 5-11; 195 (So.)
G:2;TKL:12;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;QBH:0
S:#4 Chris James 6-0; 200 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:9;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:1;QBH:0
S:#15 Jeremiah Davis 6-0; 180 (Fr.)
G:1;TKL:6;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
S:#34 Gavin Roland 5-11; 195 (So.)
G:2;TKL:3;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0
S:#33 Alize Ward 5-10; 190 (Jr.)
G:1;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

CB:#21 Davelle Fox 5-11; 185 (Sr.)
G:2;TKL:5;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:3;INT:0;QBH:0
CB:#1 Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 192 (Jr.)
G:2;TKL:3;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:1;PBU:1;INT:0;QBH:0
CB:#26 Eli Jones 5-10; 170 (So.)
G:2;TKL:3;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:1;QBH:0
CB:#23 Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 (Jr.)
CB:#6 Tyler Freeman 6-2; 190 (Jr.)
CB:#31 Caleb Lawton 5-11; 175 (So.)
G:1;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

P:#45 Caleb Lewallen 5-10; 200 (Sr.)
G:2;P:15;YDS:605;AVG:40.0.;LNG:48;IN20:4;TB:0
P:#40 Troy Duran 6-2; 185 (Jr.)
G:1;P:1;YDS:32;AVG:32;LNG:32;IN20:0;TB:0

SFAXE93
Tarleton State defeated West Texas A&M 44-7.

Two straight blow out wins for the Texans.

They are good.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

"You don't turn the ball over three times and beat anybody," interim head coach Jeff Byrd said following the game.

Apparently missing the fact that UIW turned the ball over ... three times.

I bought the preseason hype. I shared my concerns following Mississippi State but tried really hard to see positives some on this forum were selling. I sincerely feel bad for the kids and their families. They deserve better. I will be there Saturday to support them. (After supporting a good volleyball team with good coaches.)

Conque was a terrible hire, setting back a program that was already not good. No pressure Mr. Ivey, but this next head football coach hire is critical for SFA becoming the best mid-major program in the country. Another bust will seriously damage the ability to ever achieve that vision.
Yes, this wins the internet today.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Wow, talk about creative headline writing - Dear SFA football headline writer, it was a rout, nothing more, nothing less. It's like saying - "Despite no uniform violations, SFA still falls"

"'Jacks Outgain Cardinals in Second Half, Fall in Southland Opener on the Road

SFA outgains host UIW 248-111 in the second half but falls 31-7 in 2018 Southland Conference opener"

Lumberjack Battalion
OldSchool
Well fellow Lumberjack fans got to tell you it might be a very long year. No way should we be losing this game .Will agree with coach you cant beat anyone with 3 turnovers. Not ready to jump ship, but have to be honest I am looking around the boat to see where life preservers are stored.

I want SFA football to be successful as much as anyone, but at some point you have to honest with yourself and really look at the tools we have in our tool box and right now we are short on some valuable tools.

Recruiting , Recruiting , Recruiting !!!!!!!!

All schools have pretty decent X and O coaching, some better than others. At the end of the day you have better athletes than the other team. We have come up short in that area for several reasons and I promised myself not to look back but cant stick your head in the sand either.

I know our kids are working hard and that's all any coach can ask his kids to do. Maybe the discontent left over from old guy was deeper than I thought. Still onboard with the new guy and look forward to next week.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
RedRiverLa
OldSchool said:

Well fellow Lumberjack fans got to tell you it might be a very long year. No way should we be losing this game .Will agree with coach you cant beat anyone with 3 turnovers. Not ready to jump ship, but have to be honest I am looking around the boat to see where life preservers are stored.

I want SFA football to be successful as much as anyone, but at some point you have to honest with yourself and really look at the tools we have in our tool box and right now we are short on some valuable tools.

Recruiting , Recruiting , Recruiting !!!!!!!!

All schools have pretty decent X and O coaching, some better than others. At the end of the day you have better athletes than the other team. We have come up short in that area for several reasons and I promised myself not to look back but cant stick your head in the sand either.

I know our kids are working hard and that's all any coach can ask his kids to do. Maybe the discontent left over from old guy was deeper than I thought. Still onboard with the new guy and look forward to next week.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
Agree with everything - expect we got 3 turnovers, too.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
Old School. A little optimism is probably in order. The only thing worse than this is if we lose to HBU and Lamar.
aquavelvis
SFAJack_76 said:

"...Conque was a terrible hire, setting back a program that was already not good. No pressure Mr. Ivey, but this next head football coach hire is critical for SFA becoming the best mid-major program in the country. Another bust will seriously damage the ability to ever achieve that vision."
That statement alone nailed it.
Scott Taylor
BigJack85
Dead on.
PurpleOut
Staff
Was out of town and didn't get to follow any of the game. Glad I missed this to be honest, very embarrassing.
HitSomeBody
Hello fellow Sawmillers

I was at the game. Watched it to the last second ran off the clock. To everyone it was disappointing and to the players whom I talked to after the game they were embarrassed. You could tell the sting of defeat was in all of them.

Nothing we say on this board will change all the penalty issues, the absence of blocking (especially when the other team knows Sawyer can't move because of his knee... so hey blitz 7 or 8 guys every down), the missed tackles, and the blown coverages.

All in all, it was a terrible game for all of us who bleed purple. Hopefully, Bryd will find some success this year. If not, then the right coach needs to be hired.

Until one of those things happen the season will be a very long one. As I walked away from the game, I remembered the first year my son made varsity the head coach invited all the dads of the varsity players to come down on the field. He had stations set up, 1. The 5x5x5 agility drill which they timed us. 2. Throwing the football 25 yards to moving target. 3. Kicking a 20 yard filed goal, 4. Catching a punt 5. Kicking a punt. We all went through the stations and all of us sucked at it. In the end the coach pulled us together and said I just wanted y'all to experience first hand what your boys will do in games week in and week out so you will know how hard it is. So support me and my staff because they do all this better than y'all did because we coach them to. They deserve your support.

I don't think this team is as bad as they appeared in their loss. I'm not saying they will win every game from here on out either. What I am saying is support your team as they deal with a bad hand they were dealt.

Ax'em Jacks
BigJack85
HitSomeBody said:

Hello fellow Sawmillers

I was at the game. Watched it to the last second ran off the clock. To everyone it was disappointing and to the players whom I talked to after the game they were embarrassed. You could tell the sting of defeat was in all of them.

Nothing we say on this board will change all the penalty issues, the absence of blocking (especially when the other team knows Sawyer can't move because of his knee... so hey blitz 7 or 8 guys every down), the missed tackles, and the blown coverages.

All in all, it was a terrible game for all of us who bleed purple. Hopefully, Bryd will find some success this year. If not, then the right coach needs to be hired.

Until one of those things happen the season will be a very long one. As I walked away from the game, I remembered the first year my son made varsity the head coach invited all the dads of the varsity players to come down on the field. He had stations set up, 1. The 5x5x5 agility drill which they timed us. 2. Throwing the football 25 yards to moving target. 3. Kicking a 20 yard filed goal, 4. Catching a punt 5. Kicking a punt. We all went through the stations and all of us sucked at it. In the end the coach pulled us together and said I just wanted y'all to experience first hand what your boys will do in games week in and week out so you will know how hard it is. So support me and my staff because they do all this better than y'all did because we coach them to. They deserve your support.

I don't think this team is as bad as they appeared in their loss. I'm not saying they will win every game from here on out either. What I am saying is support your team as they deal with a bad hand they were dealt.

Ax'em Jacks
Well said .................... Oh and one more thing Hitsomebody, it's Axe 'Em Jacks!!!!

Thanks for joining the team!
HitSomeBody
thank you for correcting me.

Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
Thanks Hitsomebody.. I always appreciate your insight...
AxeEm99
SFAJack_76 said:

"...Conque was a terrible hire, setting back a program that was already not good. No pressure Mr. Ivey, but this next head football coach hire is critical for SFA becoming the best mid-major program in the country. Another bust will seriously damage the ability to ever achieve that vision."

SFAJack_76, I am glad that I have some people in the same boat with me now! I have been saying this since day 1 of Conque's tenure! The 5 year merry-go-round we have been on since the 90's will get us no where! If we continue to hire mediocre coaches, this is the result year after year we are going to get! If Sam Houston can do it, WE CAN TOO! Hopefully Ivey will get some results! If he is not willing to hire a GREAT coach, SFA should scrap the program all together!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.