UIW

53,502 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AxeEm99
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Man, I was not predicting this. Kind of glad that I'm not in a place where I can watch the game.

Feel bad for our kids. Any chance they had of a good season was dashed in the summer by a coach who couldn't get his crap together off the field.

Perhaps CC would have made a difference.

But, to me, we are lacking talent just about everywhere. We look slow, sloppy and basically overwhelmed at all positions.

We need lots of help. Not just coaching.

Easy fix: recruit all Lufkin, Longview and Carthage kids.

They know how to win.

Add Newton, Gilmer, and Tenaha.
nacluth
We should not let UIW start inside their 7 yard line. They will torch us from there. Give them some space so they will mess up.
drhuggybear
OMG ... intercept it and try to pitch it and UIW almost grabs it. What was he thinking.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

So, for the last three years in pre-season I have posted that I'm optimistic and have a good feeling about the season. If I ever post that in preseason again, please hit me with a shovel.

Just once or until you learn your lesson?
as many as it takes. Actually, can you just go ahead now, before this game ends.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
drhuggybear
Jake must have spent a lot of time in the off season working on his arm. I don't remember him being this accurate all of last year.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

MasterAxe said:

Of course we come out and score.

Gonna forced me to keep watching.

This aged poorly.
Laughed out loud on this one!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAXE93
They had me at Taco Cabana Dance Cam
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
BigJack85
Looks a lot like JC f up first year disaster.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TheRevSFA
Yeah. No.....
drhuggybear
That needs to be reviewed. Receiver had it when he went down. He should be down before he lost the ball.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
BigJack85
TheRevSFA said:

Yeah. No.....

Disagree totally!!!! JC was 0-11 first year.
drhuggybear
How depressing ... last UIW win was Oct of last year. They haven't ever beat SFA.

It is going to be a long season.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
TallTexan
drhuggybear said:

Jake must have spent a lot of time in the off season working on his arm. I don't remember him being this accurate all of last year.

What happened to Sawyer?
drhuggybear
TallTexan said:

drhuggybear said:

What happened to Sawyer?
No idea. I didn't get to see the first half. I started watching at halftime and Jake was playing.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
MasterAxe
Good for UIW. Signature win for a young program.

Better prepared. Better coached. Better players.
Played harder. Played faster.
Just better.

Another wasted season at SFA.
BigJack85
I do not believe Jake or Foster are the answer
nacluth
TallTexan said:

What happened to Sawyer?
They just pulled him for inefficiency. Blumrick has actually had much more yardage if not points.
SFASawmillGuy
Blumrick is awful.

That being said, he was aren't lacking talent. We have amazing talent on this team. We were not ready. Outcoached is right. With Clint I'd say we were a 6-7 win team. Without him. 0-10.
BigJack85
The whole thing is a mess. We do have some talent but we cannot find the end zone. Just awful.
MasterAxe
SFA_03 said:

Blumrick is awful.

That being said, he was aren't lacking talent. We have amazing talent on this team. We were not ready. Outcoached is right. With Clint I'd say we were a 6-7 win team. Without him. 0-10.

"Amazing talent."

I'm sorry, what game were you watching? Where exactly is this talent? O-line? Nope. QB? Nope.
DB? Nope. D-line? Nope.

I'll give you deep snapper, punter and WR as places we have talent.
drhuggybear
Our offense is like a SFW Adult film. Tons of movement but no payoff
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
Guys we have a horrible OL and it is gonna be a long long season.. I mean there is not 1 of them that is worth a flip.. it is really sad because UIW made them look really bad...
Jacks4460
drhuggybear said:

Our offense is like a SFW Adult film. Tons of movement but no payoff

That is funny...
SFASawmillGuy
Talent wise we have had an amazing team. We have not been able to put it together. We didn't look ready. We didn't look like we had anything, but we do have the talent.
I think with the right coach, this is easily a playoff team. But with all the discord this program has now, we're gonna be in for a long season.
0-10 is very possible this year.
Ryan Ivey will get us a good coach next year. The program will be rebuilt. I'm excited about next year. We will probably have a losing season next year. But I'm excited to see progress under a new regime.
We'll just have to wait until then to get excited again.
TallTexan
Getting a tuneup game against Tarleton may have helped. Or perhaps it would have been a complete disaster.
BigJack85
Note to Byrd..... you sound like a great guy.

Blow the whole thing up tomorrow and start from scratch!!! Every position is open. He'll bring in one of those "other" transfers to play quarterback. Believe me there's a reason that TCU waives bye to Sawyer.... even if he's a Sawyer he can't swing an Axe.
SFASawmillGuy
Is covey that bad we have to resort to game manager Jake Blumrick?
drhuggybear
If Byrd didn't open all positions up already he should now.

If he wants this job he needs to start mixing things up. I'm sure he wanted to keep things as close to CC's configuration just to keep the kids in a comfortable position but he needs to do the Lollygagging scene from bull durham.

Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
Jacks4460
Covey is more of a gamer than Blumrick... That move right there gives me 0 confidence in this coaching staff.. Covey is the better QB..
SFASawmillGuy
I'm sorry. Even with a win against SHSU Byrd's job is gone as of today. He's just gonna finish the season.
In fact. Everyone except for MAYBE Jeremy Moses is gonna be out of a job after the NWST game. And he's only gonna have his job because of his legacy. If Ivey doesn't care about that Moses will be gone too.
drhuggybear
We saw Blumrick last year. We know what he can do. Haven't seen covey other than 1 series.

Unless he isn't putting in the time to learn the system there is no reason why we shouldn't have seen him earlier.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
drhuggybear
I would assume that when Ivey pulls the trigger on a new coach all coaches will be gone. The new HC will want to bring in his staff. A cleaned house will be a good thing.

Byrd may be holding back because he might not want to offend CC because of friendship. Who knows why he is making the decisions he is making but some odd ones.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
BigJack85
Give Covey a shot and put some freshman on the OLine and build for 2020. This ship has a gash in it the size of a Mack Truck and it's about to end up at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. Who cares. This is an absolute train wreck
TheRevSFA
I'd say we go 0-11 but somehow we manage to screw that up and upset Sam or McNeese and give Byrd some hope
BigJack85
Purposeful exaggeration..... but SFA has basically given up on football. We put no focus on it and hire retreads from Glen Garry. It's an absolute joke. No looking beyond 1 year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.