#PurpleOut Sam Houston event

9,690 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
It's been discussed on here and twitter, so went ahead and created a Facebook event so any person/student can join and discuss. Let's get it going!

https://www.facebook.com/events/141907683150213

nacluth
I'll be there. Hopefully get my whole family, extended family, etc.
PurpleOut
Staff
That's the idea! "Have your friends bring their friends."
PurpleOut
Staff
For those that have been to a game in Huntsville lately, do you just buy GA tickets and sit in the visitors section? There's obviously a lot of tickets available (which looks like it gets you into both Women's and Men's game), so was curious if we'd want to look into purchasing better tickets in better sections.
nacluth
We just bought GA tickets last year and sat with the Purple Haze/SFA crowd which was very decent. There's a lot of general seating available, and if we could fill up that side of the arena it would be a huge advantage. The special seating is basically right by the student section/hardcore (I guess there might be a few) Sam fans. If we could make one side SFA in GA seating, I think it would be our court then.
PurpleOut
Staff
So the other half of that end is student seating unfortunately. But both sides on the other end are open.

nacluth
So last year which was not necessarily a great year, we filled up the Q/R section pretty well. If we could fill J-R (the away side of the arena) it would feel massive. But that's a lot of seats.
PurpleOut
Staff
My only thing there is that those sections are terrible seating. Their coliseum is so ugly with the huge cut out.

I think getting the other side of the arena, opposite our section is a good idea. Make some noise around their bench.

PurpleOut
Staff
I took a closer look, basically all reserved seats except for the lower E and F sections. Including all of JK. It would be great if we could fill that section since they are the same price.

cboothe09
Any businesses in Nac willing to chip in and "sponsor" this to help buy in bulk before Sam fans start getting tickets?
PurpleOut
Staff
I tagged a few people at the Alumni Association on the Facebook event page (they actually accepted my request to be a co-host of the event along with the LJF and Sawmill pages). 160 people have already responded to the event as Going or Interested (mostly interested), which is pretty amazing. Especially since there's a lot of time before March 3rd.

Hoping the Alumni Association gets something together for the Houston chapters. This is actually a tremendous opportunity for them, since the conference tourney is just a week later. Helps get the Houston fans more involved. If it was up to me, I'd say they should go ahead and buy up the first 3-4 rows of that other section, and give them away to chapter members.
PurpleOut
Staff
Boom, the Alumni Association comes through. They're providing a bus to Huntsville, including a game ticket for $35.

https://sfaalumni.site-ym.com/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1069109&group
BigJack85
Awesomeness. I live in The Woodlands so I'll be driving up !!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
For the record, some of my family members got sentenced to 4 years at SHSU, & they're certain we could never have more fans than them for this game.

I say challenge accepted & I'll see if we can make it in from Midland.
PurpleOut
Staff
Only 4 spots left on the bus!

Snacks/drinks and beer and pizza also included on the bus + game ticket.
nacluth
Awesome! That's 50 right? I'll be there (not on the bus) with the family.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Awesome! That's 50 right? I'll be there (not on the bus) with the family.
Not totally sure, but it's the normal big bus they always use so it should be a good number.
TallTexan
That's awesome. Glad we're getting a whole crew going.
SFASawmillGuy

Never forget what happened last time we outnumbered Sam at their own court.
Jacks4460
I will be there not far at all... I hope we kick their ass... Shannon and Kevon each go for 30 and the Serb gets another finger roll...I hate Prison Tech!!!!!!
SFASawmillGuy
Jovan with 40. And a triple double.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Whoa, Big Fella!
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Jovan's playing the world's longest hustle. He's going to go off in the elite 8 to push us into the Final 4 this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

Jovan's playing the world's longest hustle. He's going to go off in the elite 8 to push us into the Final 4 this year.
Any "outsiders" reading these comments have to really be getting confused about our team.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

Any "outsiders" reading these comments have to really be getting confused about our team.
KALSARIKNNIT

Apparently in Finnish this means The feeling when you are going to get drunk home alone in your underwear with no intention of going out.

I believe there must be some of this going on. Also, what a great language.
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

I have heard it on good authority that the other SLC coaches read Sawmill for insider tips. This way, they have to prepare for our entire team's talents.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.