BA: Sam Houston baseball Tailgate

11,839 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
That baseball video got me pretty excited for the season, regardless of where we may finish. Back in the day I used to rent a U-Haul and park it in left center. Great view, you can drink etc. Anyone interested in organizing a get-together for Sawmill members? I think we should start formally doing this more often for football, basketball, etc. We can obviously still get tickets too and go back and forth as wanted with the U-Haul.
nacluth
I'm up for a get together. Wouldn't mind a pre-game hangout/meal at some place like CC's, Fuzzy's, Mak's or some other restaurant with an apostrophe before the Sam doubleheader.
TallTexan
I'm planning to get there for a few games this year, won't be every week though like Basketball.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

I'm up for a get together. Wouldn't mind a pre-game hangout/meal at some place like CC's, Fuzzy's, Mak's or some other restaurant with an apostrophe before the Sam doubleheader.
Are you talking about the Sam basketball DH?

The Sam baseball weekend might be a good one too.
nacluth
Yeah sorry. Basketball DH. I didn't even think that baseball does play two in a day sometimes. Second Saturday of March if anyone is in town for the Purple Out.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Yeah sorry. Basketball DH. I didn't even think that baseball does play two in a day sometimes. Second Saturday of March if anyone is in town for the Purple Out.
I'm planning on it right now, but also going out of town the next day for Spring Break with the family. So if the rest of the season turns to s h i t then I may skip out on it. There's supposed to be a fan fest that weekend.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

There's supposed to be a fan fest that weekend.

I'll pack my umbrella.
PurpleOut
Staff
Sam series April 12-14...who's down for a get together and tailgate? Might see if I can get some other organizations and Alumni Association to set up a bigger deal with us.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Sam series April 12-14...who's down for a get together and tailgate? Might see if I can get some other organizations and Alumni Association to set up a bigger deal with us.

I'll check my calendar in the morning. I'm in if it's clear.
PurpleOut
Staff
If we can get enough interest, at least from members, we'll get tickets for everyone that's a Premium subscriber.

TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

I'll check my calendar in the morning. I'm in if it's clear.

I'll have to see when my wife's off, but same.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm not bringing the wife and kids to this one. Not saying it wouldn't be family friendly of course.
nacluth
Would be there but I've got a half marathon in Brenham to run.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

I mean, just keep running to Nac?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Feel like this should disqualify a moderator, especially one who obviously has it out for Ed and I.
BigJack85
I could do one game

Axe 'Em Jacks
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
I think the Saturday afternoon game would be the best. I'll come in for Friday night as well, but Saturday would give everyone more time to get in and then time to tailgate and hang out.
PurpleOut
Staff
Also thinking about renting an RV instead of a uhaul, if anyone knows of a good option there.
BigJack85
Purple. If a tent is needed I have one.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Purple. If a tent is needed I have one.

I'll bring mine, but always good to have a few. Never know what the weather will be like. Could be raining or could be hot and sunny with some shade needed.
BigJack85
Got it. When it's all confirmed I'll dial it all in.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can't make it that weekend. I have obligations at a Lions Club Convention in Bay City that weekend. Apologies.
PurpleOut
Staff
If there's a better weekend that more people can make, we can definitely do that. Just Sam obviously is a huge series.
SFAJack_76
We have a wedding to go to in Ennis that Saturday. Ugh. Should be there Friday. Maybe Sunday.
SFAJack_76
April 26-28 has softball, baseball (both against NSU), and spring football.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

April 26-28 has softball, baseball (both against NSU), and spring football.
That's my anniversary, wife probably wouldn't be too thrilled with that one.

I mean, the SLU series is a pretty big one too...but that's next weekend so getting pretty close.
PurpleOut
Staff
Any other thoughts from anyone about any of this? I'm either going to start moving forward with some stuff, or not, just depending on everything.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

If there's a better weekend that more people can make, we can definitely do that. Just Sam obviously is a huge series.

I'm rather inclined to support the Sam series. Specifically Saturday. 1. As previously noted ITS SAM! 2. Early enough to still be in the 80's. 3. Maybe we maintain strong momentum and it's a really pivotal series.
PurpleOut
Staff
Going to push on for Sam Houston weekend, got some good feedback from some of the baseball parents/supporters so going to try to set up a tailgate with everyone.

Going to try to get people to come out to area behind LF, set up some tents, get a grill and have some fun. Everyone is welcome.
PurpleOut
Staff
Facebook event for everyone to join/share: https://www.facebook.com/events/412138266250037/
PurpleOut
Staff
Uhaul reserved.

Changed the thread title since it seems most Sawmillers can't come. Let's work on something else for a get together.
BigJack85
I'm still in..... good. Ready to go.
PurpleOut
Staff
Sounds like some "official" stuff is being worked on. Stay tuned.
PurpleOut
Staff
Saturday game is now also an Alumni Member day.

https://www.facebook.com/events/408628986633581
PurpleOut
Staff
Anyone else other than 85 expecting to be around?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.