GO ASTROS!

12,705 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigJack85
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought I had posted last night. That was an all time classic.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Both bullpens are burnt and not to be trusted. I think Houston has the edge going in Game 6 with Verlander on full rest.

Hill was good, but he is going to have to go deeper than he is used to...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Txjack said:

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious for many here, but I have NEVER seen a baseball game like that (game 5). This did not compare to the level of angst and elation I felt from what was previously the greatest Astro game; the 18 inning NLDS game won by Chris Burke's homer in '05.
This was definitely one of the greatest games ever.

I agree. Even more emotional than Game 2. I must have cat blood in me because I lived and died six times last night. Only one life left in me, so get it done tomorrow night, Verlander and Astros!
INiedrauer
Staff
It was bad baseball but the drama made up for it. Glad I don't have a dog in this fight because there's no way I could've handled that emotionally.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

cboothe09
INiedrauer said:

It was bad baseball but the drama made up for it. Glad I don't have a dog in this fight because there's no way I could've handled that emotionally.
Wasn't pretty baseball. The bullpens were atrocious, especially Houston's. That said, I think the Astros bullpen may be in better shape for Game 6.

I think there is something to the players complaints about there being something fishy with the baseballs. Any pitcher that throws a slider has struggled immensely. Not sure if it was an accidental outcome, or something to drive up ratings, but there definitely seems to be something different with the balls.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

INiedrauer said:

Wasn't pretty baseball. The bullpens were atrocious, especially Houston's. That said, I think the Astros bullpen may be in better shape for Game 6.

I think there is something to the players complaints about there being something fishy with the baseballs. Any pitcher that throws a slider has struggled immensely. Not sure if it was an accidental outcome, or something to drive up ratings, but there definitely seems to be something different with the balls.
They'll never admit it, but if it had been a pitcher's duel for the first 5 games, would as many casual fans be watching?
cboothe09
TallTexan said:

cboothe09 said:

INiedrauer said:

They'll never admit it, but if it had been a pitcher's duel for the first 5 games, would as many casual fans be watching?
Nowhere near as many, but die hards like myself would have been just as on edge. Unfortunately the World Series isn't sold and packaged for die hard fans. That is what the regular season is for. The playoffs as a whole are built for the casual fan and converting them.
Txjack
cboothe09 said:

Thought I had posted last night. That was an all time classic.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Both bullpens are burnt and not to be trusted. I think Houston has the edge going in Game 6 with Verlander on full rest.

Hill was good, but he is going to have to go deeper than he is used to...
I agree...I hoping Hinch's (Dierker like) choice to leave pitchers in will ultimately pay off. I think Hinch has done a good job utilizing what he has with a mediocre bull pen. Yeah, hopefully Verlander will be Verlander and go deep...wondering if McCullers would be brought in to close....
cboothe09
Yeah the Astros' bullpen will be interesting. Musgrove is pretty rested and Devenski is in better shape than most. I would leave Peacock alone and make sure he is good to go for Game 7 if needed. Same for McHugh...

As for McCullers, it all depends on when they call upon him. If we can get 7+ from Verlander, I think we win.
nacluth
Well Congrats all you Astros fans! I wish it was my Rangers, but I'm glad the Texas baseball curse has been lifted. Enjoy it.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
They did it! Astros... World Champions!!
Txjack
Who would have thought that the pitching hero of game 7 would have been Charlie Morton. Afterwards I was flooded with memories of going to games with my Dad in the Astrodome and all the great Astros that never even got to a World Series or the '05 team that never won a WS game. Pretty sweet to see the Stros finally get over the hump.
PurpleOut
Staff
Congrats guys
BigJack85
Long time Stros fan. Awesome!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.