2018 NCAA Tournament

13,652 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UMBC actually played k-State a damn good game. Those dudes did not want to go home.
nacluth
Just saying Loyola could have been us. Could be us next year, but could have been...
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Just saying Loyola could have been us. Could be us next year, but could have been...
We put together the season this team should be capable of next season & we could be watching something special.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Florida State MBB coach Leonard Hamilton has so far earned $825,000 ln bonuses this year, with possibly more to come. In comparison, 16 public school coaches who had teams in the NCAA tournament (including our Coach K) are making less than that in total basic pay this season.
nacluth
K-State has the easiest road of anyone ever to the Final Four. Beat 8 seed, 16 seed, 5 seed, and now faces the 11 seed to make San Antonio. Talk about a gift path to the top. I'm not saying they are not playing well, just that this was not the toughest path.

Now they play Loyola who has had a decently soft run too, though they did play tougher teams. Beat 6 seed, beat 3 seed, beat 5 seed, now face the 9 seed.

Whoever wins can be thankful that the top two seeds choked to other teams - then they took advantage of beating those teams after tough games.
TallTexan
I've been pretty surprised by KState, I'm surprised they didn't fire Weber two years ago.
nacluth
Loyola living the midmajor dream.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Loyola living the midmajor dream.
That will be us next year. You can take that to the bank! (I think... Maybe... Please...)
SFA Jack Fanatic
If my math is correct, Villanova, one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the country, outscored the Jacks by only 11 points against all common opponents.
nacluth
Well, I only got one of the final four in my bracket. Watching the occasional game, I would guess Villanova/Michigan in the final, but who knows this year?

Can we just talk for a second about the crapshow that was the South region? 10 out of 16 games the underdog won - including every game from the Sweet 16 on. Top seeds choked big time.
SFAXE93
So now their enrollment will go up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
On the ESPN Tournament Challenge, out of 17.3 million entries, only 550 successfully predicted the Final Four teams. That's 0.003%.

And BTW, no one successfully picked all 8 teams in the Elite Eight.
nacluth
22-4 Villanova over Kansas eight minutes into this semifinal match. Now that is a rough start to your Final Four.
SFA Jack Fanatic
My predictions in the BB Championships:

Women: Notre Dame over Mississippi State by 5

Men: Villanova over Michigan by 20+.
SFASawmillGuy
edstile said:

My predictions in the BB Championships:

Women: Notre Dame over Mississippi State by 5

Men: Villanova over Michigan by 20+.

My prediction is similar.
Women: Notre Dame over MSST by 5.
Men: 63 other teams are found to be in violation of NCAA rules and SFA is awarded its first national championship.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.