2023-2024 NCAA Women's Basketball

5,597 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl

These will be some great games!
SFA Jack Fanatic
A tidbit from NCAA D-2... Texan Womans University made it to the D-2 National Championship game, but lost to Minnesota State 89-73. TWU finished the season 34-6 and will have almost all of their players back next year.

Confession time... I had no idea that TWU even had a WBB team. Flying under the radar (well, my radar).
Pilotgirl
Tennessee fires their Coach, even after Sweet 16 runs....imagine ??!!
Pilotgirl
The LSU-IOWA game drew 12.3 million viewers...the most recorded since they started taking viewership numbers. This is only the beginning! Imagine if it had been on ABC, CBS, etc!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

The LSU-IOWA game drew 12.3 million viewers...the most recorded since they started taking viewership numbers. This is only the beginning! Imagine if it had been on ABC, CBS, etc!

I'm glad ESPN finally got serious about promoting women's basketball.

They've had the opportunity to go head to head with the men's tournament they do not own for years, but treated it as an after thought.

That plus a few top notch stars and they're really cooking now.
Pilotgirl
The Final between Iowa and SC drew 18.7 million viewers. That's the most---women's or mens--- since 2019.

That was at 2 pm and not prime time. I had no idea it was in the afternoon, so I took an afternoon nap but woke up in time to see the 2nd half!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.